Player
    Character
    Ta'lin Cee
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80

Losing Mouse Cursor

I play on a 3440x1440 screen, so I've got quite a bit of real estate and it's great. However I frequently find in situations where I need to click on something in a hurry, that I can't find my cursor. I think perhaps it's too small and blends too much into the scenery. I've tried the software cursor option, but that seems to add quite a bit of lag.

Does anyone else have this problem and has anyone found a good solution?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Oopsy Hiero
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Mouse Trail? Or show location when I press CTRL key?

Windows has a few mouse settings in mouse properties under the pointer options that are intended to help with that issue.
    Windows 10 you can search for mouse and open the additional mouse options on the right.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Here's how to turn on the mouse finder in Windows:
    1. Press the Windows key
    2. Type "mouse" enter
    3. On the right side of the window that appears, click Additional mouse options.
    4. In the window that opens, go to the Pointer Options tab.
    5. Check "Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key".
    6. OK

Then when you press and release either control key, the mouse will visually ping itself.
    (3)
    Last edited by Rongway; 03-29-2019 at 03:16 PM.

Player
    Character
    Brighde Pierce
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    You can do the same thing ingame under Keybinds -> System -> Mouse Sonar and able to bind it to almost any key you want.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Oopsy Hiero
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighde View Post
    You can do the same thing ingame under Keybinds -> System -> Mouse Sonar and able to bind it to almost any key you want.
    That's cool did not know that one...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighde View Post
    The in-game setting has some undesirable properties.

First, it can only be assigned to a proper keybind. It can't be assigned to CTRL.

Second, it will actually show the wrong location if you do anything that involves the pointing finger cursor, such as confirming a ready check with num4-num0 (cursor left, confirm). The in-game mouse sonar will tell you your mouse is where the pointing finger cursor last was (center of screen in the /rcheck example), while the Windows mouse sonar will tell you where your mouse cursor really is (wherever you left it before the /rcheck appeared).

(not captured: after the Teleport window closes, the Windows mouse sonar shows the mouse where it actually is, in the upper left corner)
    (1)
    Last edited by Rongway; 04-01-2019 at 09:50 AM.
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Ta'lin Cee
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    After lots of messing around, I've found success with Brighde's solution. The windows system cursor finder only seems to work if the mouse has been stationary for a couple milliseconds, while the in-game mouse sonar has been pretty reliable. It's also much bigger and easier to see. Fortunately, I never need to confirm any menu options during a battle, so I don't experience that odd positioning bug highlighted by Rongway.
    I've bound the sonar to the right lean of my mouse wheel, which I believe is bound to page-down in the mouse software.
    Thanks all for your suggestions!
    (0)
    Last edited by reckless76; 04-12-2019 at 07:34 AM.