Player
    Character
    Praxia Ciska
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMollusk View Post

Estinien's cameo makes no real sense. There's been no indication that he was anywhere nearby, or that he's kept tabs on us since the Royal Menagerie (depending on when/if one does the level 70 dragoon quest), and he doesn't really do anything. It's like they just wanted to remind us that he's still alive.
    To me it feels like SE simply ran out of time and had to fall back on things happening off camera to move you from point A to B without anything needing anything be made or worked on. I liked SB well enough, but rushed over reach with jarring ends is what defines SB to me. Its like they tried to give us twice of everything they gave us in HW but didnt have the time or resources to bring it to fruition.

Why were we taken to Ishgard? If we were that badly injured.....
    Where we injured? It wasnt very clear about what happenned after we got called. I got the impression that just as we blacked out Estinien shows up and spirits us away. I thought everyone had assummed we had been called like all the other scions. Again, the whole thing feels like they needed to get us from point A to point B but had to make use of the minimun amount of resources to get it done. Hence why its all so jarring and makes little sense. Beyond that, why on earth are we going along with the mysterious hooded figure? That $%&· pulled us out at a potentially fatal moment! What? he couldnt tell it was the WORST possible time to do it? His antics were potentially more successful at taking down the WoL than any number of powerful entities have been! As of this moment I categorize him more as a deadly enemy than anything like an ally needing help!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Wondrous Waifu
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I didn't really like it, the best part was only just barely mentioned. But then, there were only very very few parts of SB I actually did enjoy, so I didn't have very high hopes for the ending in the first place.

I'm really hoping the story of shadowbringers will be a bit more focused than SB felt.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Praxia Ciska
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayer2015 View Post
    Pretty sure Zenos will end up being the long term 'big bad' in this game.

I hope so. The Ascians as the primary enemy work well for a while until you start figuring how to kill them. Then they just become names on a list you check off as you get to them. Zenos on the other hand, is an equal.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lhei Amariyo
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanker4444 View Post
    To me it feels like SE simply ran out of time and had to fall back on things happening off camera to move you from point A to B without anything needing anything be made or worked on. I liked SB well enough, but rushed over reach with jarring ends is what defines SB to me. Its like they tried to give us twice of everything they gave us in HW but didnt have the time or resources to bring it to fruition.

Where we injured? It wasnt very clear about what happenned after we got called. I got the impression that just as we blacked out Estinien shows up and spirits us away. I thought everyone had assummed we had been called like all the other scions. Again, the whole thing feels like they needed to get us from point A to point B but had to make use of the minimun amount of resources to get it done. Hence why its all so jarring and makes little sense. Beyond that, why on earth are we going along with the mysterious hooded figure? That $%&· pulled us out at a potentially fatal moment! What? he couldnt tell it was the WORST possible time to do it? His antics were potentially more successful at taking down the WoL than any number of powerful entities have been! As of this moment I categorize him more as a deadly enemy than anything like an ally needing help!
    We are going along with him because for all we know he has our Scion buddies. That being said, I'd also like to slap some common sense into the guy. His sense of timing and ability to compose short and meaningful messages clearly could use some improvement...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Praxia Ciska
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Lersayil View Post
    We are going along with him because for all we know he has our Scion buddies. That being said, I'd also like to slap some common sense into the guy. His sense of timing and ability to compose short and meaningful messages clearly could use some improvement...
    More like holding them hostage! In classic trope fashion we have just met the xpac´s true final boss.....
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Red Rider
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Estinien's cameo makes no real sense. There's been no indication that he was anywhere nearby, or that he's kept tabs on us since the Royal Menagerie (depending on when/if one does the level 70 dragoon quest), and he doesn't really do anything. It's like they just wanted to remind us that he's still alive. If someone really had to run in to save us, they'd already set up Raubahn saying he might have to take the field....
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Berserker W'kana
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    I agree with most views in this thread, the only thing I have to add to the discussion is that...

The Varis face scene, especially with what was said just prior to it by Elidibus, is meant to indicate Solus possessing Varis (potentially unbeknownst to Varis, given his strong in-character convictions he spouted about ascians versus men, almost in the same vein that Thancred wasn't aware he was beginning to get possessed by Lahabrea post-dark crystal).

This was a follow up to Solus telling Varis that they would be partners in the previous patch, much to his visible dismay and it explains Varis' sudden devolving into imperialist/fascist rhetoric and eugenics during the meeting with the other leaders, which previously would've been unbecoming of him in Heavensward, making him look positively insane.

Not that I think that that's a good thing, given that they're still villains at the end of the day and this is purely what I derived out of those scenes, as it's not explicitly confirmed yet.

Otherwise, I agree with all of the complaints about the patch feeling lackluster, things feeling unsolved or anti-climatic on top of nothing being offered beyond what we already know with the JP Fanfest's provided context. We at least got two reveals with the above and EleZenos.

Edit: I don't know how to spoiler text apparently, but yea.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kharn; 04-05-2019 at 05:13 PM. Reason: correcting formatting

Player
    Character
    Gemina Lunarian
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Beyond that, why on earth are we going along with the mysterious hooded figure? That $%&· pulled us out at a potentially fatal moment! What? he couldnt tell it was the WORST possible time to do it? His antics were potentially more successful at taking down the WoL than any number of powerful entities have been! As of this moment I categorize him more as a deadly enemy than anything like an ally needing help!
    Lol. Indeed. In the trailer it shows he's capable of looking through a magic window of sorts and can overlook events as they're taking place. Though in his defense, I got the impression that he was desperately been trying to call the WoL specifically as he was quite relieved when he finally got to talk to us face to face. My response was, "You got to send me back right now!" While my actual response was, "Dude! WTF man! Can't you see I'm busy atm?" All the more reason to let us in on what the hell is going on, I figure.

I hope so. The Ascians as the primary enemy work well for a while until you start figuring how to kill them. Then they just become names on a list you check off as you get to them. Zenos on the other hand, is an equal.
    I hope so too. I can't help but like the guy, and rather enjoy the Batman/Joker type dynamic the two share and very much want it to continue. The whole philosophy of 'when an unstoppable force meets and immoveable object'. Zenos has been able to defeat/stay alive against the WoL because unlike the Ascians and Omega, he does not underestimate his/her strength and power and views the WoL as an equal. The WoL has shown time and time again that he/she isn't playing around, and if you come in the battlefield thinking he/she is inferior, you're going to lose.
    (0)

How I came to be by the side of the chosen, and the moments we've sewn.
    This soul. Its attachment to all living things. The love they have known.
    Oh Warrior of light if only you could hear,
    just how closely I hold you dear.

Player
    Character
    Reynhart Kristensen
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Zenos on the other hand, is an equal.
    ...that we already killed, even when super-powered by Shinryu. He's alive only by body surfing, which makes him similar to Ascians in a way, and thus, he'll become another name on our list.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rica Elak'ha
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    No, we didn't kill him. The fight in the Throne room was simply exited by a bored Zenos, and Shinryu we could only beat because of the Echo as advantage against Primals. Zenos decided to take his own life, then. Basically, we never won against/defeated Zenos so far.
    (0)

I'm taking Lore way too seriously. And I'm not sorry about that.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast