Player
    Character
    Iroira Sinzha
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90

5.0 Combat changes: What do you expect?

They mentioned the changes were too in-depth to be explained in a short interview, and since we're not getting a new healer because Yoshi wants to further tweak the existing ones I got curious: What are your thoughts?
    Not only in regards to healing obviously, but what are you looking forward for them to add? Or remove? Or just overall change?

I personally would like if they redesigned Protect to be a cooldown instead of a "cast one and we're good" kind of spell.
    It would also be nice to have a gap closer on the Paladin, or maybe a reworked Shield Lob, to make it bounce between hostile targets to aggro multiple mobs at once.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Dasya Zhwan
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    I don't expect anything, since I'm supposed to be getting an overhaul as WHM, and there's supposed healing balance changes coming, too. Who knows what's going to happen Make my Lilies useful and I'll be a content kitty.

I would like Shell, though. Much like Protect, it's kind of a staple of the FF series, and we do see it in Eureka.

As for the other classes, I barely touch them. I hit 70 for the job story and that's it.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Antony Gabbiani
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Please delete One Ilm Punch

Signed,
    Every monk main in the game
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Fayt Azuresky
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 80
    It's really hard for me to think of NEW things that could be added to the jobs. I would like them to change trick attack to apply even if the boss moves last second, and for TCJ to be able to be used while moving though.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Elja Djt-dvre
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Since they going to remove TP there should be a lot of changings it seems. Especially for jobs that were mixed until the 5.0 (Bard, Paladin, Dark Knight, Red Mage...). But I do not really know, what exactly to expect in this shape. Some new system based on MP?
    They also will likely rework role and usual skills. For last one it's probably going to be similar with 4.0 when they removed a lot of skills for making their whole amount not too big for hotbars.
    (1)
    Last edited by Halivel; 03-26-2019 at 04:21 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ein Vaer
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    SCH feels like it's going to be pummeled (again). Hopefully they think of something better for WHM. AST has always been a perpetual see saw so who knows, unless they completely redesign it to stand on it's own and not half/half.

Perhaps they'll take some time to keep culling pre-pull optimization. (Aetherflow plz) They killed a lot of it in SB like the super long WAR one by making most abilities unusable outside of combat or extending durations.

And perhaps they'll do something about the overshield LB building if they feel like it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cebastian Delpy
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    I want combos to be consolidated into a single button the way it works now on PvP. I play on a console with a gamepad and its too annoying to have all those buttons on screen (I use macros to manage some but its still too much for the console UI to handle.)

There is zero reason to use combo abilities out of order anyways other than accidentally messing up your click. The game has been about weaving ogcds in between attacks and positioning for a long time anyways.

Edit:
    Another thing I would love to see is a bit of re-organization of abilities. Some basics should just be available earlier in the game for progression reasons. Warriors, for instance, should not have to wait until level 60+ to get their gap-closer.
    (25)
    Last edited by Ogulbuk; 03-26-2019 at 05:07 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sana Cetonis
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    :: It's near certain that TP is more or less getting deleted. It will -not- be replaced by putting MP costs on weaponskills or anything like that. Some jobs may gain new uses for MP but the notion of a resource that drains away just by doing your basic rotation has been nothing but problems for SE and can safely die.

:: It appears confirmed (or close to it) that tank stances are either going away or getting a significant rework.

:: I consider it likely that the dynamics of enmity are going to be changed drastically. It seems like nearly every patch has brought with it a set of changed aimed at making it easier and easier for tanks to hold hate, so I'd bet that SE will want to overhaul the whole situation.

:: It's possible, given the change to TP, that SE would also like to do away with situations where MP behaves in an equivalent manner. They may want to axe Lucid, for instance, and just make RDM/SMN more naturally MP neutral without the arbitrary maintenance button.

:: From YoshiP's comments re: Dancer gear, it's plausible that we'll see i.e. NIN changed to use Strength, SAM moved to Maiming gear, and NIN to Striking, or some similar reconfiguration aimed at the Maiming/Scouting situation.

:: Something is almost definitely going to be done with Role Actions. It's a prime target to cull button bloat, but at the same time they probably do want i.e. every tank to learn Rampart. They might just settle for "every tank learns Rampart" as part of their base skill list, and not have a special category for it, maybe making some other role actions only learned by one job in that role etc.

:: We still have no idea how damage type debuffs are going to work. They explicitly stated that Gunbreaker will do slashing damage, so it seems that these will continue in some form, but obviously in piercing's case the current situation is untenable.

So I can certainly understand the statement "there are lots of inter-related things", because there are. If SE does have a goal of cutting down on all "maintenance" types of skills where you just press a boring formality button every 2-3 minutes because it lets the party function (MP, TP and enmity-wise), it would be tricky to talk about that in bits and pieces.
    (2)
    Last edited by Cetonis; 03-26-2019 at 04:48 AM.

Player
    Character
    Airym Lihzeh
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I want Exalted Detriment back
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Shadow Link'
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    PLD is the job I could give the most feedback. I'd like the job to have:

1- A close gap. All tanks have it. PLD can also have it, some sort of Shield Charge or something like that. Make it consume gauge.
    2- Holy Spirit but AoE. Call it Holy Burst. Enhanced with Requiescat. This would give them more AoE tools like the other tanks.
    3- Reduction of CD times: Compared to other tanks, I feel the cds of both Sentinel and specially Bulwark are too high.
    4- Making stance dancing off-GCD. It consumes MP, there's already a penalty.
    5- Reduce or remove the animation delay of Hallowed Grounds.

Other than that, I have misc. suggestions for the rest of the tanks:

DRK:
    -Just remove the need of using DA even to sit down. Seriously.

GUN:
    -Don't make it an offgcd fest.

WAR:
    -Is okay.
    (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannigan View Post
    Shirk is how you high five the other tank for the tag out. They raise their hand up with provoke and you tag it with shirk. Don't leave them hanging.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast