Character
    Celestria Rosa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 74

Paladin - Changes - My hopes - my suggestions

72 -
    Shining Soul - Cost 75 Oath Gauge - instantly raises a target player on the battle field. they will not suffer res sickness.. you suffer it for them with only 30 second timer

74 -
    Southern Cross - Ancient Paladin Sword Technique - they slice all targets in-front of them for 180 degree potency . additional effect: Shield Lob becomes empowered can bounce 2 different targets dealing more damage and enimity

76 - Northern Cross - Paladin Ancient Swordsmans Techinque - charge towards the target swirling acrobatically dashing towards the target sheild slamming then while impaling them with your sword hitting all targets in 180 degree angle 3 times. each dealing 100-120 potancy (cone aoe)
    Additional effect: your next sheild slam can hits all targets in front of you however its stun duration is reduced..

78 - Full Counter - allows paladins redirect an attacked aimed at allie or themself and aim it back at the target with enchanced potency (icon of this ability changes depending what ability you countered)

80 - Guardian Angel - 480 second cool-down - when paladin dies in battle he can instantly raise himself to full hp and oath gauge. aka reincarnation

i wanted share my thoughts with you all majorly my friends think their pretty good. like your opinion
    (1)
    Last edited by CelestaRosa; 03-26-2019 at 03:53 AM.

Player
    Character
    Derio Uzumaki
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Thats 5 new abilites for the tank job that has the most actions. The real question is what would you cut or change.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Celestria Rosa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 74

well

that hard questions to ask. thiers alot good paladins often use as paladin their abilities we have that rarely ever use depends on boss fight we fight.

paladins need skills that that can use regularly

southern and northern cross ability grant paladin more mobility watch feel they lack... they do. the dark knight and war both have some form gap closer. and i feel giving paladin more mobility would be huge bonus

as far giving them ability raise well i they need it..so it fits their lore.

I would gladly trade shield swipe for full counter ya they do same thing but full counter does way more is more powerful of the two
    (0)
    Last edited by CelestaRosa; 03-26-2019 at 04:14 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kapitan Wuff
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    A number of those seem quite OP.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arathea Dracul
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I agree Pld needs a gap closer... However I think all tank gap closers should be pre 50, and they should be cool down based instead of resource based.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aodhan O'finnegain
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestaRosa View Post
    72 -
    Shining Soul - Cost 75 Oath Gauge - instantly raises a target player on the battle field. they will not suffer res sickness.. you suffer it for them with only 30 second timer

74 -
    Southern Cross - Ancient Paladin Sword Technique - they slice all targets in-front of them for 180 degree potency . additional effect: Shield Lob becomes empowered can bounce 2 different targets dealing more damage and enimity

76 - Northern Cross - Paladin Ancient Swordsmans Techinque - charge towards the target swirling acrobatically dashing towards the target sheild slamming then while impaling them with your sword hitting all targets in 180 degree angle 3 times. each dealing 100-120 potancy (cone aoe)
    Additional effect: your next sheild slam can hits all targets in front of you however its stun duration is reduced..

78 - Full Counter - allows paladins redirect an attacked aimed at allie or themself and aim it back at the target with enchanced potency (icon of this ability changes depending what ability you countered)

80 - Guardian Angel - 480 second cool-down - when paladin dies in battle he can instantly raise himself to full hp and oath gauge. aka reincarnation

i wanted share my thoughts with you all majorly my friends think their pretty good. like your opinion
    Okay so pretty much all these skills are completely broken or have no practical synergy inside its tool kit.

"Shining Soul"- Paladin does not nor shall it ever need a raise. Healers and casters already have an ability to do this, we do not need anymore. Further paladin already brings more than enough utility, it doesn't need anymore. Side note, the weakness taken onto the paladin after using it, it's a complete no thanks, 9 times out of 10 the person dead on the ground stood in the bad to begin with, they can take their own weakness.

"Southern Cross"- the shield lob proc is super niche to the point it isn't needed, and assuming you meant 180 potency, it would boil down to use as an oGCD and PLD is already bloated as it is.

"Northern Cross" - as much as I would like a gap closer for paladin, with Tempered Will on it's current 3 minute cooldown. this reads as a 300-360 potency gap closer in total which is even more potent than WAR or DRK gap closer. not including the fact that it sounds like a cleave. The AoE stun effect from using this skill will most likely only see some use in dungeons or overworld mostly just niche.

"Full Counter" is completely and irrevocably broken beyond belief. Imagine intentionally taking a 200-300k tankbsuter unmitigated/solo and sending it back at boss with increased potency, that's just broken af.

"Guardian Angel"- again both broken and super niche it might as well be a third hallowed ground, second goes to the "full Counter" skill, to intentionally die just to get a full gauge while cheesing some mechanic or tank buster just doesn't seem worth and feels like further button bloat.

There is some creativity here but sadly most of which wouldn't work in practicality, or is just too overpowered, it would make balance of all tanks pretty much super difficult or create a massive power creep.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Tal Young
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    They're pretty good in the sense that they sound cool, & I like how you've tried to include bonus effects for older actions. They don't seem terribly well balanced though, especially the level 80 skill.

- Shining Soul

If Paladin had a raise I don't think it would really need any extra factors. The long cast time (Paladin has no swiftcast) and high MP cost seem penalty enough, it'd definitely be niche but I could see it saving an otherwise doomed encounter now and then.

- Southern Cross and Northern Cross

The Empowered effect on Shield Lob doesn't feel like it would be worth it. You don't specify exactly how much damage but the fact it would only hits two targets would make occasions to use it pretty rare I think.

I could see instead maybe a Shield Lob trait that makes it bounce to another enemy if the target has 90%+ HP (i.e on pull,) with Southern Cross being a weak conal AoE that receives a small boost for every target Shield Lob hits.

Northern Cross could be the "after pulling" SC booster. The gap closer, has a cooldown, hits everyone around your target, the more targets you hit the more damage your next Southern Cross does.

Would spice up Paladins boring AoE at least.

- Full Counter

Fully reflecting full attacks would be quite broken. Full Counter could work as a blocking cooldown? You block attacks during it, the more attacks you block the more it builds in power (up to a limit) that is released as an AoE when the timer runs out.

- Guardian Angel

Not sure what to do with Guardian Angel. Paladin already has an invincibility move, can't really give them another one.
    Maybe a trait that allows PLD to 'store' a raise cast on them to use automatically when KO'd... Honestly not sure whether that'd be broken or useless.

-

Anyway, that's my attempt at constructive criticism.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jandor; 03-26-2019 at 10:46 PM.

Player
    Character
    Celestria Rosa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 74
    thank you for all your input and criticism just trying more creative exciting things to paladins to use. currently cd bloated their aoe rotation is kinda boring. honestly paladan needs something fresh something exciting happy
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ziero Rehw-bidit
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Yeah, you know, just give PLD two more effective ways to shrug off tank busters. You would never need to swap or worry about CDs. It's cool. Who needs the other tank anyways?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Valenth Guiran
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    I expect we'll only get one or two new skills and the other things being traits to alter/buff existing skill in our leveling process of 70-80
    (0)
    "The world is such a funnier place upside down! ^_^"

Proud leader of the Word of Love Free Company: http://www.wordoflove.enjin.com/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast