Character
    Fu Soya
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by juliet_brave View Post
    Can you explain further?

I'll explain what I wrote in simpler terms. Square Enix employs Koichi Sugiyama a man who makes disparaging comments about the LGBT and denies Japanese war crimes (specifically "comfort" women). For that reason alone I don't think it is particularly wild to accuse them of allowing, enabling, or acting on sexist behavior.
    This isn't a LGBT issue. You are projecting your own feelings about a random person into their decisions which most likely had nothing to do with anything they have decided. The level of manipulation some people are trying to use to get what they want is ridiculous.

This. Is. A. Game. It's doesn't need to reflect every aspect of real life or its problems, issues, or politics.
    (5)
    ~ ALLOW ME TO BE YOUR LIBERATOR! ~

Player
    Character
    Neko Hanten
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Videra View Post
    I know this isn't the place for it, but every time I see that brought up - I just have to mention that hormones do this by default. As for the actual topic at hand, it -is- a bummer that SE pushed out this obvious rush-job. But I'm willing to strike a bell and bet we'll have male Viera and Female Ronso before the year is out.
    I just had to put that in there due to the counterpoint being presented.
    (0)

Character
    Hayk Farsight
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Videra View Post
    I know this isn't the place for it, but every time I see that brought up - I just have to mention that hormones do this by default. As for the actual topic at hand, it -is- a bummer that SE pushed out this obvious rush-job. But I'm willing to strike a bell and bet we'll have male Viera and Female Ronso before the year is out.
    And even if we don't, worst case scenario they're out at the end of the expansion. Does it suck people have to wait? Yes. But we've had to wait much longer for things (Egi Glamour anybody?).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cirina Dhoro
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by DBriggs304 View Post
    This isn't a LGBT issue. You are projecting your own feelings about a random person into their decisions which most likely had nothing to do with anything they have decided. The level of manipulation some people are trying to use to get what they want is ridiculous.

This. Is. A. Game. It's doesn't need to reflect every aspect of real life or its problems, issues, or politics.
    The post I was replying to brought up a point about LGBT marriage in the game. My point was completely relevant to that.

"Remember when people really wanted some kind of marriage system that did not have gender constraints behind it? That wasn't something that was on the table, but they made it happened cause you the community wanted it."

Square Enix treated LGBT marriage as an exception to what is normal marriage in the game instead of the status quo by originally announcing it was only for opposite sex couples.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Neko Hanten
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    The post I was replying to brought up a point about LGBT marriage in the game. My point was completely relevant to that.

"Remember when people really wanted some kind of marriage system that did not have gender constraints behind it? That wasn't something that was on the table, but they made it happened cause you the community wanted it."

Square Enix treated LGBT marriage as an exception to what is normal marriage in the game instead of the status quo by originally announcing it was only for opposite sex couples.
    but because you cannot be bothered to read passed your triggers you did not see that it was not an LGBT point being made. It was a this thing was added to the game in general statement. But I guess whatever we say wont matter in the long run cause you will just read what you want to.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Eileen White
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Aomine1992 View Post
    Well you have to understand people's frustration...SB was honestly FFXIV worse expansion with no actually content and class issues that persist to this day! Now healers have a right to be pissed, not only can SE not belance that role for ish but we got two dps in SB that Honestly could have been waited on, now SBS brings a tank so tanks are happy and yet another DPS -_- but no healer for the second expansion in a row.
    To be honest, saying that Stormblood had no actual content is simply cutting out everything they have worked up to this day. They've only done two expansions so far for FFXIV, but to be honest their worst expansion was Heavensward, where job issues were VERY abundant considering how poorly they released 3 jobs at once and handled it. They improved a lot in Stormblood, but it just goes to show that they still need to reign in their jobs and reconsider where the power is; Healers especially! Our issue right now is that WHM is being written off by a majority of the raid community as a job that doesn't compete against AST/SCH because of the fact that the other two bring buffs.

SCH has been solidified as the best healer in the game dating back to Gordias due to their superior healing oGCDs and their fairy. SCH is exceptionally strong in that matter as they have more than enough tools to match an AST or WHM both with Chain Strat and their new job gauge mechanic. Let alone, their sole job mechanic is SHIELDS. Crit on an Adlo and Spread? Have a 100k Shield that can survive Delta Attack without Tank LB3. That's how strong SCH is with other jobs. AST completely overshadows WHM due to the fact that they actually have an innate aggro reduction. You remember how in 4.55 they reduced WHM's aggro? Well AST has had that since 3.4 with their sects. It's all in the cards and oGCDs they bring, and let's not forget AST can use any oGCD freely now thanks to the cast time reduction to 1.5s on Malefic. That's how bad Healer balance is right now: You aren't supposed to have a 3rd wheel that gets cut out, but a 3rd wheel that actually can match another job equally as much as the job that comes in 1st(SCH).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cirina Dhoro
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumquat View Post
    but because you cannot be bothered to read passed your triggers you did not see that it was not an LGBT point being made. It was a this thing was added to the game in general statement. But I guess whatever we say wont matter in the long run cause you will just read what you want to.
    The point you made was inherently an LGBT issue with the game. You know who was protesting against that decision at the time? Mostly LGBT players and then people who played same sex characters that wanted to get married. We shouldn't be grateful they opened up marriage to same sex couples when it should have been that way from the start. People had to fight for it and I'm glad people are fighting for male Viera and female Hrothgar.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Neko Hanten
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    The point you made was inherently an LGBT issue with the game. You know who was protesting against that decision at the time? Mostly LGBT players and then people who played same sex characters that wanted to get married. We shouldn't be grateful they opened up marriage to same sex couples when it should have been that way from the start. People had to fight for it and I'm glad people are fighting for male Viera and female Hrothgar.
    No, it really wasn't. That was me listing an occasion in MMO history where a games developers added content to a game that was drastically out of place in the MMO market, with the reference being that no other developer will do that for you. You are the one with an agenda and to that I say, so what?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elan Centauri
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Endeleon View Post
    When devs have said putting male characters in the same exact bunny suit that they happily put the female characters in made them "uncomfortable" yeah I am pretty sure it's safe to call that sexist.
    It's not sexist at all. It is them being uncomfortable with handling it. What may be "normal" for us may be off putting for them. They didn't abandon the idea either, they gave it to some of the female staff if I remember things right and they took care of it. That is not sexist either if they are able to look upon their creation and not cringe. How DARE people have different...preferences! People need to stop throwing the word "sexist" around so much when it clearly doesn't mean what they think it means.
    (1)
    Last edited by Vahlnir; 03-25-2019 at 11:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Personal Housing
    While I cannot give a specific date on when personal housing will be implemented, I can say that prices will be completely separate from free company housing, and, naturally, far more affordable.

Player
    Character
    Neko Hanten
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahlnir View Post
    It's not sexist at all. It is them being uncomfortable with handling it. What may be "normal" for us may be off putting for them. They didn't abandon the idea either, they gave it to some of the female staff if I remember things right and they took care of it. That is not sexist either if they are able to look upon their creation and not cringe. People need to stop throwing around the word "sexist" so much when it clearly doesn't mean what they think it means.
    I don't even read it as that, recalling back to EU fanfest they brought on that one lady who was a character artist, and they had her do the designs on a lot of the dresses and what not in game not because the guys thought it weird for them to do, but because they were uncomfortable designing something they had no personal frame of reference on. So they logically passed it on to her since that was where a lot of her experience was in.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast