Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Dyvid Pandemonium
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90

Maybe SE should release 5.0 Battle Changes Summary sooner rather than later?

Clearly the design choices of 5.0 new jobs has upset the community so maybe it would be helpful we understood the reason why? Would moving the details of what is to come up a month really make that big of a difference? I'm sure most of changes are in and should be ready for show and tell, and you can always add the wonderful "Subject to change" disclaimer to tweaking.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Ayer Austen
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    They are likely not finished. The past two expansion they were working on job changes to the very end.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Pond Hollow
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    4.0 Scholar wasn't finished, Warrior still had an overhaul coming, and Machinist never recovered. Kind of unlikely they'll be ready soon.

Maybe what they need is some kind of test server.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ein Vaer
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyvid View Post
    Clearly the design choices of 5.0 new jobs has upset the community so maybe it would be helpful we understood the reason why? Would moving the details of what is to come up a month really make that big of a difference? I'm sure most of changes are in and should be ready for show and tell, and you can always add the wonderful "Subject to change" disclaimer to tweaking.
    They're probably not finished and I remember the last time they had that tour and everyone losing their minds (although the WHM stuff turned out to be true, it was just as bad as expected), I think they'll play it safe until May and I feel there is no way they are going to release it right now. Although maybe a short paragraph for each job explaining where they are generally heading would be nice but they've never done that before.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kalise Relanah
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Having a "Subject to change" disclaimer would do little to stop the community from going absolutely ape poop crazy over anything they disliked.

To say nothing about the backlash they would get if there was also things people liked but that ended up being changed for the final release.

All in all, there would be a lot of response to such a tease. Much of it not positive.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by PondHollow View Post
    4.0 Scholar wasn't finished, Warrior still had an overhaul coming, and Machinist never recovered. Kind of unlikely they'll be ready soon.

Worked so well for wow they tell me.
    Oh wait it doesn't
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ayer Austen
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Remedi View Post
    Worked so well for wow they tell me.
    Oh wait it doesn't
    I hate how the entire WoW patch story gets leaked before I play it....
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dyvid Pandemonium
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayer2015 View Post
    They are likely not finished. The past two expansion they were working on job changes to the very end.
    Maybe not the list that has all the finer details but a keynote type presentation about what is going on with tanks, healers, ranged dps, caster, melee, tp removal, etc... A broad stroke of the brush if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalise View Post
    Having a "Subject to change" disclaimer would do little to stop the community from going absolutely ape poop crazy over anything they disliked.

To say nothing about the backlash they would get if there was also things people liked but that ended up being changed for the final release.

All in all, there would be a lot of response to such a tease. Much of it not positive.
    Couldn't be worse than right now on the forums. Don't forget the Media Tour from 4.0 and the changes after that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyvid View Post
    To be fair, no matter how early the information will be released it will still be "too late" for our feedback to have any influence on. As will the course of the entire expansion itself. And most likely the next one.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sebazy Spiritwalker
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by PondHollow View Post
    I'd be more inclined to suggest they get a Job design team that actively play and have some interest in the classes they work on.
    (7)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast