Player
    Character
    Miste Vaer
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NolaAlsuna View Post
    Thank you for this well written post. It really summarizes on how I feel about this topic.
    I'm a healer since ARR Beta and I was really exited for a new class to play. It's disappointing we're getting the shaft .... again
    You're welcome, and thank you! I am glad it resonated with you!

Yeah...like It's just too long and they haven't done anything about healers...just makes some main healers not know what to do and causes burn out ><
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Greywolf Amakir
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Hi Healer.

Do you know this?

Maybe Ranged-DPS is a better choice than Healer...just maybe...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Deceptus Keelon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Greywolfamakir View Post
    Hi Healer.

Do you know this?

Maybe Ranged-DPS is a better choice than Healer...just maybe...
    Count the red icons. Count the green icons. That's why healers are upset.

Nice try being smug though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shura View Post
    If you look at the character cards people have in their signatures, you can clearly see that Tanks, Healers, Caster DPS, Melee and Ranged Melee are separated into different groups. Clearly SE is not grouping all DPS class into one group.
    Ok, lets look at said sig cards. We see one subset that is clearly over represented and that's melee DPS. "But Sam fit the theme of Stormblood", and RDM didn't.

Funny how the over / under represented excuse works in some instances but not in others.
    (21)
    Last edited by Deceptus; 03-25-2019 at 11:20 PM.
    • Veteran healers don't care if we actually have to heal, but right now we don't. We simply want something interesting to do during the downtime. That is not asking for a lot
    • Dead DPS do no DPS. Raised DPS do 25/50% lower DPS. Do the mechanics and don't stand in bad stuff.
    • Other games expect basic competence, FFXIV is pleasantly surprised by it. Other games have toxic elitism. FFXIV has toxic casualism.

Player
    Character
    Fraemoht Grehaerzsyn
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kogasan View Post
    Thing is OP people need to stop lumping all dps in a pool. Yah mage dps got a role in 4.0. But if you really look at the whole picture instead of pooling all dps. Ranged non magic caster only has 2 jobs atm being bard and mch. Magic dps has 3. Melee dps has 4. Tanks 3 will be 4 in 5.0. Healers 3. Only makes sense to give non magic ranged a third job to catch up to all the others doesn't it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shura View Post
    If you look at the character cards people have in their signatures, you can clearly see that Tanks, Healers, Caster DPS, Melee and Ranged Melee are separated into different groups. Clearly SE is not grouping all DPS class into one group.
    In a party they do.
    For example, when you go to the hall of novice, you can only see trainings fro 3 groups, Tank, Healer, and DPS. Not 5 groups.
    Same with duty finder. If a monk leave the party, the DF will find a DPS replacement, not a melee replacement.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Eilonwy Ilyr
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    I've been mulling over this situation a bit, but before I share a thought does anyone know if SE has stated why they decided to go with another DPS over a Healer this time around? Anything beyond the Gamer interview about Healer balance I mean.
    Have they outright stated they went with Dancer/a Ranged-Physical DPS because they wanted role number parity, or is that just player speculation/excuse? I didn't see anything official from a cursory check.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shalan; 03-25-2019 at 11:31 PM.

Player
    Character
    Deceptus Keelon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalan View Post
    I've been mulling over this situation a bit, but before I share a thought does anyone know if SE has stated why they decided to go with another DPS over a Healer this time around? Anything beyond the Gamer interview about Healer balance I mean.
    Have they outright stated they went with Dancer/a Ranged-Physical DPS because they wanted role number parity, or is that just player speculation/excuse? I didn't see anything official from a cursory check.
    At this point it's purely player speculation. Anyone who says otherwise is being dishonest. Other than balance, SE hasn't said anything else.
    (1)
    • Veteran healers don't care if we actually have to heal, but right now we don't. We simply want something interesting to do during the downtime. That is not asking for a lot
    • Dead DPS do no DPS. Raised DPS do 25/50% lower DPS. Do the mechanics and don't stand in bad stuff.
    • Other games expect basic competence, FFXIV is pleasantly surprised by it. Other games have toxic elitism. FFXIV has toxic casualism.

Player
    Character
    Fayt Azuresky
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Deceptus View Post
    At this point it's purely player speculation. Anyone who says otherwise is being dishonest. Other than balance, SE hasn't said anything else.
    Uh says it right here. https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...w_with_yoship/

A: It's not that we had no plans for a healer, but rather than making Dancer a healer, for FFXIV expansions we prioritize the players' game experience. It was decided early on that we would add a new tank, because MT and OT roles are poorly balanced when there are an odd number of tank jobs. Just for example, if we want to have two MT jobs and two OT jobs but we only have 3 tank jobs, then even if we make them capable of doing both, because of their advantages/disadvantages it tends to lead into a 2:1 ratio. We felt that it would be easier to balance with 4 jobs. We also wanted to add the gunblade as an iconic FF weapon that would appeal to people who hadn't tried an online FF yet.

When we were deciding what the other role would be, the last remaining options were a third ranged DPS or a fourth healer. However, we were still struggling with balancing the three existing healers, and SCH was always dominant because of the fairy. Even if we re-balanced them again for 5.0, and even if they also have the shield healer vs pure healer dichotomy, we thought it would be better to solidify the balance between the three healers instead of trying to balance four. By adding a third ranged DPS, we could round out the number of jobs per role.

Gives reasoning for both tank and ranged dps.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Ein Vaer
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Funny how the over / under represented excuse works in some instances but not in others.
    No one wants to answer this because the only way to refute this is to move the goal posts (but SAM fits SB more) because they literally caused this problem by adding two dps in the last expansion instead of 1+1 where they could have had actual parity right now instead of causing a problem they apparently NOW need to fix. Hilarious.

Let's be real, with their dart boarding healer balance they just didn't know how to add the 4th healer, same excuse as last time when they nerfed SCH to the ground to try to fix it, then they just spend the rest of the expansion buffing it back so now it is glued to the shielder slot once more. Time for another 2 years of fixing the fixes.
    (12)

Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I believe they said at some point (in a more general sense) that when adding new jobs, they ‘look for gaps’ and think about what could fill them. They obviously wanted to fill in the ranged DPS gap before the healer gap, I doubt either had higher priority for them, both haven’t been updated since HW, it’s just what they wanted to do first.
    But they did also say they want to focus on healer balance before adding another one. Yes I know, the same excuse they used last time, but if healer balance is still not sorted then it is what it is. I do think the existing healers would need shifting around quite a bit to fit a fourth one in there as it stands, and I don't personally want to see WHM relegated further.

Also, the process was likely “We want a throwing weapon ranged DPS class, let’s make it a Dancer” rather than “We want a Dancer, let’s make it ranged DPS.”
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Greywolf Amakir
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Count the red icons. Count the green icons. That's why healers are upset.

Nice try being smug though.
    yeah...because all red icons are the same...xDDDD

pls...pls...pls...

Is it a Color-War? is Red winning? is Green losing? pls...

Its not about colors...

Healers are upset because they had some kind of "expectations" and SE didn't do what they expect...Its more about your own expectations, you were wrong.

Now healers are thinking "well well...we'll get a new healer for 6.0" maybe you won't...could shadowbringers be the last expansion? who knows, but healers are creating expectations again...and they shouldn't I think.
    (1)
    Last edited by Greywolfamakir; 03-26-2019 at 01:20 AM.

Page 20 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast