Mateus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90

6 Years without a healer?

WHAT?
    WHY?
    HOW?
    and WHO?

A lot of people that were looking forward to a new healer. Welp it seems like there won't be one. So now we really wanna know.
    Why not?
    What happened?
    How did they come to this?
    and finally,
    Who is to blame? The players? The design of the game? The holy trinity?

Ask Away and hopefully our questions will be answered.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Huntrss Fairlight
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 73
    The holy trinity? Because if your going to be True to it you can't Make anything that doesn't fit it or Otherwise Limited Jobs type.

WHY? Yoshi-P said in an interview that GunBreaker came early and he went Dps because he wants to Focus on Balance with Healers (how long that will take is another issue. He has gone on Record saying White Mages need to be Pure Healers and the rest go in line to there place in The Holy Trinity " you can't work outside that line").
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Crazed Demeter
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    I know this is rhetorical, but....feel like the blame will currently lies with Ast just being a duplicate of the other two (as needed) and the design of encounters.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Silvynna Darklore
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    With my friends, the breakdown was mostly like this.

Tanks: “Gunblades!!!”

DPS: “Oooh!! Shiny new Chakras to throw around!”

Healers: “We have to wait another 2 years? Because of balance? AGAIN??!!!?? REEEEEEE!!!”

I play healers a lot and was really disappointed by healers getting passed up... again.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Shaelysis Amara
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Given they have provided the same excuse "balance" as they did for why they weren't adding a healer in SB I have pretty much 0 faith that they will actually succeed in balancing them in SHB. We are pretty much in the same place as we were at this same time in HW leading up to SB - SCH and AST meta with WHM sidelined. Frankly I feel the gap between dps and heal output is much less this time, and when you compare healers to tanks the balance issues with healers seem reasonably small - namely utility/raid support. Unless they completely reword the identities of AST and WHM I doubt we'll be in a different position leading up to 6.0 in two years time. I also have no doubt that SE won't hesitate to bring out the "balance" excuse again after showcasing two dps for 6.0.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Ahri Eija
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 76
    They had 4 years to balance/fix/rework healer .... they don't have any excuse.

DPS aren't balance neither, tank aren't balance neither ... still they add new DPS and new tank.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Jadasif Ren
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Gaia and the hammer could mean geomancer sooner than people expect. They only dragged on the subject of the hammer. Kind of a nudge nudge. Maybe it just isn't ready to show yet.
    (1)

Character
    Kyara Moonbane
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Omg, just shut up about this already I swear...
    Better pray they actually change something this time instead of just further unbalancing things... though I have to admit, with that 'make WHM easier' quote floating around my expectations are in the negative numbers until proven wrong on that one, too. Still, no new healer is the best outcome and all the outrage about it is just plain laughable.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tera Luna
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    I’m not buying this class balance as a reason for no new healer. Other classes don’t have perfect balance and it didn’t stop new dps/tank being added.
    At the moment it’s not even three separate healers, more like two and a half as AST copy pasted WHM skills.
    Come on SE get working on a battle cleric!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Khuja'to Binbotaj
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    The alternative is 6 years without a physical ranged DPS, and considering that we only had 2 physical ranged DPS as opposed to 3 healers, this makes sense.

Next expansion will most likely be healer and caster DPS given the numbers
    (2)
    Last edited by Lambdafish; 03-25-2019 at 04:44 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast