Player
    Character
    Yu Zeneolsia
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Allegor View Post
    But...but....visors, glasses and the blindfold (if it counts as 'glasses') are among the best head slot glamours...
    Yep, 70% of my glamours have glasses. It seems I have to either pick glamour or the race that I was looking forward to for alot of years. Some players might be disappointed with gender lock or no healer, but for me this is the news that ruined the new race for me.

Why limit the final races, Square Enix?
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Silent Bear
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 36
    I'm fine as a player who enjoys beast races, the head gear is usually not shown. I'm actually surprised that it is affecting Viera too.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ameela Trussa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerune View Post
    Why limit the final races, Square Enix?
    2 reasons:

1. They probably bit off more than they could chew so instead of designing one full race they half assed two of them

2. It's so in a future patch they can finally finish/fix them and pretend that we're getting more content than we actually are with such additions
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Iskander Ionius
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    For those worried about head glamours for Hrothgar and Viera head glamours; Yoshi-P stated that helmets would not display even when equipped. However, they did allow hats and caps to be shown, though with clipping to be expected. What this is saying is that equipment and glamours that cover the full head and face of the new races would not be shown. There are probably a variety of reasons for this in addition to all the unique work to facial customization of these races being pointless if they were covered up. Equipment and glamours that do not cover the full face, and are simple enough in design, will most likely still be showable. Glasses, caps, hats, flowers, eye patches, etc... will most likely show when equipped/glamoured.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I was always fine to not have helmets if it could mean to play a beastial race (funny how this was once a reason for some fans to not include lupins as playable race) so for me it would not have been a huge deal. But I am not sure why glasses or even blindfolds are not possible. That reads more like they did not want to do the work to go to each head item and say if its wearable or not.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Oniwori Kiyuromi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I'm fine with helmets because I personally never wear a helmet but GLASSES?? Nuuuuuuuu!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kohli Violet
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    It just gets worse and worse huh? Hope the rest of the expansion isn't this much of a disappointment. What a let down.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Kathaldus Hallowfang
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme..._with_yoshida/

First genderlock and now this? First a limited job and now limited races?
    Seems a little silly but won't bother me personally as I never wear helmets anyway.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lynne Asteria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleo View Post
    I was always fine to not have helmets if it could mean to play a beastial race (funny how this was once a reason for some fans to not include lupins as playable race) so for me it would not have been a huge deal. But I am not sure why glasses or even blindfolds are not possible. That reads more like they did not want to do the work to go to each head item and say if its wearable or not.
    They would have to remodel literally thousands of items. If they cherry pick certain ones, people will complain. People always complain.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Crushing Fatigue
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    If it means we're getting something similar to Qunari Vitaar from DA: Inquisition I'm actually fine with it.

It would give me a reason not to hide 90% of my head pieces for once.
    (2)

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast