Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Damien Dread
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    I'm excited for the additions to current classes. Curious to see what happens to Samurai particularly.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Luke Lightbringer
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    I’m very excited! I hope we see some Garlaen areas too! I’m thinking it’s going to be split between the two like Stormblood was
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Prince Nuada
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Efrye View Post
    I really like that area as well! Kinda feels new and nostalgic at the same time.
    (Dang, it's really been 14 years since they showed the tech demo of FFXIV?)
    Nod nod... it really has, right?

I was also glad that today, the team showed us the concept sketches for Rapture which helped dictate the concept direction for Crystarium. See below...

(2)

Player
    Character
    Shaelysis Amara
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    I'm excited about where the story is going, both in physical location and plot wise. I'm excited I guess for dancer as a ranged dps - when I do play dps I enjoy bard rather a lot so hopefully dancer will be enjoyable too.

However I am disappointed about the lack of a new healer while SE gives the same excuse they gave to us in SB. I wasn't disappointed by the decision in SB, I am disappointed by it now.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Leezil Paige
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    The general area design and concepts laid out for the expansion really have my excited. FFXIV is terrific at exploring ideas like this, and these ideas have been begging for full exploration since they were introduced. I mean things like too much Light, different shards, etc.

They look gorgeous and pretty, but more important they look fascinating. I can't wait to dig in.
    (2)
    Looking for RP on the First!

Player
    Character
    Thyn'a Sindyrl
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    There is a lot that I am absolutely upset over.

But I am intrigued.

Ain't no way I can be mad at Soken. All the music sounds fantastic.

Never imagined we's be shard hopping this soon.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shilnarf Silmornif
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    I'm meh about the towns, but goddamn does the story actually scratch my "screw the aristocrats" edge nerve. I'm hoping we get some sick moments.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rozemyne Shyahoro
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I'd be lying if I said my hype didn't tank considerably but there is still a lot to be happy for. It did make me reevaluate how I was going to tackle the expansion. Stormblood's story could have been better but I'm intrigued by the plot of the next expansion.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    J'talhdi Belhi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    I am upset that we have no new healer as I really wanted something fresh for the role and I find the "we want to balance healers first" to be an annoying thing to hear since that was their reason two years ago and it makes me worried they don't have a firm grasp on the issues with the healing in FF14. I can also see the issues people have with gender locked races even if from a resource sense I can understand why.

That aside, the expansion looks fantastic and I am looking forward to it immensely. The world looks fascinating to explore and the narrative promises a lot of interesting reveals.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Honestly, the only thing I was kinda "meh" about were the races being gender-locked.

I'm excited for everything else, particularly the new zones and story developments, and am really hoping that they decide to make DNC use scouting gear so I can have something else to play alongside NIN as DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by SerLuke View Post
    I’m very excited! I hope we see some Garlaen areas too! I’m thinking it’s going to be split between the two like Stormblood was
    I'm honestly hoping Garlemald is being put off until the next expansion and that they'll just be caught in a stalemate with the Eorzeans for the time being.

Sorting out the matters at the First and taking down the Empire in one expansion would have to be one heck of a rushjob with at least three of the zones confirmed to be at the First (Rak'tika has signs pointing either way currently).

I felt like SB resolved things way too quickly and don't want a repeat of that.
    (1)
    Last edited by KageTokage; 03-24-2019 at 04:44 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast