Page 168 of 1514 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 178 218 268 668 1168 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 15135
    Player
    Character
    Rein Tenebres
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    I may do like I did my Elezen. Most people assume my Elezen is male, when it's actually female.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Aelin Alvered
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by niteypants View Post
    My guess is they're waiting and hoping the demand dies down so they can ignore the issue and move on, without saying no and alienating a lot of fans.

They've already decided to never produce male Viera and it will take a big, unrelenting push for them to reverse the decision. The best things advocates can do is to bring it up constantly, until they are forced to respond with a definitive yes. Even if they come with a firm no (which I highly doubt), fans still have power for them to reverse the decision.

It's only when we stop asking for it and pipe down, is when they will feel comfortable enough to ignore us.
    I'm afraid this is true, and that saddens me.
    I really hope they consider it though, that would be amazing - I've always wanted to see a male Viera since I first saw Fran in 2006.
    And getting to play an exclusive FFXIV take of the male Viera would be absolutely amazing.
    (12)
    Last edited by Emmanellain; 03-29-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Player
    Character
    Matin Ulric
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Replying to say I liked & am showing my support for gender unlocks. I understand they seem to have run out of time and/or resources according to some of the interviews, but I hope it is reconsidered when they do have those and are able to add them.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Katarina Wanngohtwyn
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    I support this
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Lho Polaali
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 23
    They've already decided to never produce male Viera and it will take a big, unrelenting push for them to reverse the decision. The best things advocates can do is to bring it up constantly, until they are forced to respond with a definitive yes. Even if they come with a firm no (which I highly doubt), fans still have power for them to reverse the decision.
    I should hope it wouldn't take as long as that did, but we did get them to unlock the bunny outfit. If they think people will just forget about it they're horribly wrong as I foresee that becoming the new regular question at Q&As
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Shuxi Miu
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    I support this 100% !
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Aelin Alvered
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    "We did consider Male Viera instead of adding an extra race, but we tried to take player feedback on adding a more beast like race as well as the strong desire to receive Viera. We did expect strong feedback on the gender lock. It was a tough decision, but we decided to do our best to meet both the player feedback and our development team’s vision. It will be very costly to add a new race or genders. So I won’t say no, but I would not like to set expectations high."

This makes me wonder, which was developed first? People keep saying Hrothgar was in development first - but this seems like it was the Viera that was built first, would make sense why they'd still be working on the Hrothgar just before the JP Fanfest.
    I honestly don't care which was developed when, but there's comments going around on the forum that repeat they initially started with Hrothgar and then opted for a Viera female due to popularity, where has this rumor come from? are we getting differing answers? Cause I'm starting to get confused lmao.
    (4)
    Last edited by Emmanellain; 03-29-2019 at 09:39 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lucky Turtle
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmanellain View Post
    "We did consider Male Viera instead of adding an extra race, but we tried to take player feedback on adding a more beast like race as well as the strong desire to receive Viera. We did expect strong feedback on the gender lock. It was a tough decision, but we decided to do our best to meet both the player feedback and our development team’s vision. It will be very costly to add a new race or genders. So I won’t say no, but I would not like to set expectations high."

This makes me wonder, which was developed first? People keep saying Hrothgar was in development first - but this seems like it was the Viera that was built first, would make sense why they'd still be working on the Hrothgar just before the JP Fanfest.
    I honestly don't care which was developed when, but there's comments going around on the forum that repeat they initially started with Hrothgar and then opted for a Viera female due to popularity.
    Yeah, and the feedback part is sort of wrong because the old poll showing beast race at the top used Viera as an example. Viera has always been one of the most requested race, and part of that is the desire to see male Viera.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Etoile Kallera
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Yeah, and the feedback part is sort of wrong because the old poll showing beast race at the top used Viera as an example. Viera has always been one of the most requested race, and part of that is the desire to see male Viera.

For twelve's sake, this just keeps looking worse and worse on Yoshi P.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Aelin Alvered
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Here's the source for the poll you're talking about I'm pretty sure.
    (1)

Page 168 of 1514 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 178 218 268 668 1168 ... LastLast