Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Ceolred Stone
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90

Is it possible that the Au Ra were an allagan experiment?

I was talking this over with a friend recently and I thought it was interesting. He pointed out how the Xaela's holy relics were actually allagan in origin, which calls to mind how the Ixal's holy land was actually Azys Lla.

In the Aetherochemical Research Facility there is this plaque that talks about them trying to artificially create a voidsent and that "future research look promising." So maybe the Au Ra are the result of them trying to combine a hyur/elezen/whatever with a voidsent?

If that's the case, it makes me wonder what the deal with the dusk mother and dawn father in Au Ra creation myth really is.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Lyland Battersea
    World
    Chocobo
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacan View Post
    It makes me wonder what the deal with the dusk mother and dawn father in Au Ra creation myth really is.
    There was a fan theory put forward many months ago, about how the creation myth could be linked to dragons from the First Brood.

I don't personally support the theory. I am of the opinion that the creation myth is more likely to be a half-remembered history of the split between Hydaelyn and Zodiark. But the dragon theory enjoyed quite a lot of support at the time, so make of it what you will.

I was talking this over with a friend recently and I thought it was interesting. He pointed out how the Xaela's holy relics were actually allagan in origin, which calls to mind how the Ixal's holy land was actually Azys Lla.
    Unless I'm mistaken, it's only the House of the Crooked Coin that is explicitly an Allagan relic. And, from what I gather, not all of the tribes hold the place in equal esteem. Only some do, chief among them being the Dotharl.

But then again, almost anything and everything could point to the Allagan. They're Eorzea's equivalent of our own penchant for attributing anything and everything to aliens from outer space. There are hints, for example, that the lalafell could have been bio-engineered by the Allagans, so, yeah, who knows?

What's for certain is that the known races that existed during the height of the Allagan Empire included hyurs, elezen and miqo'te. We don't know for certain if roegadyn and lalafell existed at that time. So, your guess is as good as mine.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kharagal Mierqid
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    The artificial voidsent experiment went well and probably isn't a reference to Au Ra. We see some of the artificial voidsent in Fractal Continuum and wandering around in Azys Lla (Naga and Empuse). We also know from the Arache Web tooltip that they cloned Arachne (first boss of Weeping City) specifically so the Allagans could mass produce her fibers. So far, all the artificial voidsent we have seen look exactly like their "natural" voidsent counterparts.

We actually don't know if the Xaela holy relics are Allagan in origin. We do know they are as old as Allag is though. If you compare the Auri myth with what we know of Allagan history, we can even make a pretty good guess as to who the traveler in the Auri myth is. It either is Amon himself, or another scientist working with him. We also know that Azys Lla was constructed by the time Xande was conquering Meracydia. Dalamud's launch would have happened after the war was won. What I find very interesting about the myth is that traveler in the Auri Myth doesn't create the Xaela relic (the Crystal from the House of the Crooked Coin) himself. Instead it says he asks Nhaama for help and the crystal was something Nhaama gave him. Which I find odd given that for the latter part of it's history, the Allagans were atheists. Why would someone who was probably heavily involved in Allagan aetherochemistry be associated with asking a high power for anything?

While I think the Xaela holy relic being something the Allagans constructed is a valid reading, I can't shake the idea that it could have been something that pre-dated the Allagans and that they just found it in the middle of nowhere. And then realized that they could store and move around large quantities with it. Ironically, some of the lore book entries on weapons have weapons that pre-date the Allagans and indicate that not even the Allagans could understand how they worked or were made (the "Omni" mage weapons). So there is a precedent for the Allagans not knowing how to create old items associated with magecraft. On the other hand, we do know of something else in the game that is very similar to the Xaela holy relic: the Crystal Tower. Both of those crystals are capable of manipulating and channeling huge quantities of aether on a scale never seen elsewhere in the game. And we do know that the Crystal Tower was created by the Allagans. On the other hand, the Crystal Tower was created sometime after the first Xande's death and before the time of Amon. If the Allagans were so good at creating crystals that could manipulate and store aether on a huge scale, why have a story about them going all the way over to Othard to find another power source? and it wasn't even once that the Allagans did that. The first time was to ask for something that could redirect/store aether. The second time was to use that stored aether to launch Dalamud. Either way, I get the feeling we are missing some information somewhere. Either about in what state the Allagans were in at the time of the Meracydian Conquest or about what the Xaela holy relic is actually doing. Given that we have a lot less lore about the Xaela then the Allgans, I'm thinking that it's the Xaela we don't know enough about.

What stands out to me about the Au Ra creation myth is how different it is compared to the other myth systems in the game. Both the Twelve and the Eastern Kami are portrayed as being of the planet in some way. Either because the Twelve were born of it and then created the world around them or because the Kami are associated with dwelling in things in the world for long periods of time. Azim and Nhaama start out as the Sun and the Moon and are portrayed as starting in the heavens. And even back then they are fighting with each other. Their purpose in coming to the planet is to give birth to proxies that can fight their war for them. Only, it turns out that the proxies of the gods don't keep fighting each other, but make peace instead. This leads to Azim and Nhaama to stop fighting and going back to being the sun and the moon. According to the Oronir they fall in love with each other, but some of the descriptions for the other tribes (particularly the Kagon) makes it sound like other tribes have different endings to that particular myth. And it's like... warring deities who are opposites of each other and fight each other through proxies... where have we heard that story/history before? I'm wondering if the Auri Creation Myth is a bastardization of the story of Hydaelyn and Zodiark and someone gave it a "good ending" over the four thousand years the Xaela have been around. Out of all the myth systems we know of, it's the one that fits the version of events that Hydaelyn told us the best.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ceolred Stone
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I assumed the relic to be something made by the allagans because I think the runes on it resemble the kind you see in the crystal tower and other allagan places, but I didn't really compare them side by side or anything. It could be that it is even predates the allagans. I guess the thing that made me curious was just the fact the Au Ra homeland happened to be this place with a significant meaning to the allagans. When you combine that with their wildly different creation myth in comparison to what the other races believe, makes me think they could be connected somehow.

It could all just be a coincidence though. lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tonrak Totorak
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I don't think Au Ra were created by the Allagans, but I'm sure they were heavily influenced by them. The Dawn and Dusk throne look like halves of an ADS.

We also know that one of the founding members of the Onishishu that created Heaven on High was a Raen and that it was created shortly after the fall of the Alaggan Empire.

What I find the most interesting that is that Fernhawles tried to make a connection between Azeyma and Azim
    The next question is about getting more information on the Au Ra. Luckily I have an answer that I received from Oda-san before the PLL. I first talk about the Xaela and how they mainly reside as nomads in an area known as the Azim Steppe (which, in relation to Doma is to the immediate northwest). Azim is the sun deity and it is believed that it is her light and blessing that allows the grass to grow that feeds their herds. Now, astute players may recognize a similarity between Azim the sun deity and Azeyma the Warden...also connected to the sun... However, the Au Ra do not worship the Twelve...nor do most other people living outside Eorzea, as belief in the Twelve is pretty much restricted to Eorzea. That is not to say however that somewhere in the past the two gods were... (and Yoshi-P cuts me off).
    Prior to Xande's revival, the Allagans did worship the 12 at one point and with them conquering the 3 continents there might have been some cultural exchanges. So maybe the Au Ra integrated what they liked about Azeyma into their lore and eventually became Azim after the fall. Or maybe Azim predated the Allagans.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Sanna Rosewood
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    The only other race we know pre-dates the Allagans are the Anata as the devs told us that. We have to remember that the Allagans didn't become as advanced as they were until they stumbled onto Omega and even they couldn't fix it or understand all of the functions they could get working. For me I always go with voidsent as for one it wouldn't be the Allagans and there's a lot of strange combinations of voidsent.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nagini Kagon
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    j like the idea of being a half blood voidsent
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Astral Thalia
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    According to patch 4.5 main story...
    ... the existence of all demi-hyurs, including the Au Ra, are a result of Hydaelyn banishing Zodiark long ago, causing the world to split into 13 Shards, which in turn caused mankind to split from one original race into many. At least that's what Garlean Emperor Varis zos Galvus says. The banishing of Zodiark happened long before Allagan existed.
    We don't really know more than that, I think.
    (0)
    Last edited by manamoppet; 03-19-2019 at 08:42 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Another interesting point I saw someone raise once, is that according to the lorebook, the "original" Garuda seems to have been a female Allagan general - and while the primal is more birdlike, it could be possible that the original was an Au Ra, with scales rather than feathers.

That doesn't necessarily imply the Allagans created the race, but makes it more possible that they were present in Azys Lla.

Quote Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
    They're Eorzea's equivalent of our own penchant for attributing anything and everything to aliens from outer space.
    Except they actually, confirmably exist and have had a clear influence on the world.

There are hints, for example, that the lalafell could have been bio-engineered by the Allagans, so, yeah, who knows?
    Was that the weird 'fish' description? I took that to be more of an "unfortunate accident involving a Lalafell" than trying to claim the entire race was engineered.

And/or the writers' love of targeting Lalafells for misfortune in flavour-text entries.

We don't know for certain if roegadyn and lalafell existed at that time. So, your guess is as good as mine.
    Actually, one of Sophia's demiurges is a Roegadyn - and since they were imprisoned by the Allagans, we know there were Roegadyn at that time.

I assumed the relic to be something made by the allagans because I think the runes on it resemble the kind you see in the crystal tower and other allagan places, but I didn't really compare them side by side or anything. It could be that it is even predates the allagans.
    I agree. It's also worth comparing the "spinner rook" enemies in Azys Lla, as they seem to be made of a crystal quite similar to the House of the Crooked Coin.

Quote Originally Posted by SannaR View Post
    The only other race we know pre-dates the Allagans are the Anata as the devs told us that.
    Where was that? I didn't know about it, so I'd assumed the Ananta must be implied Allagan constructs like the Ixal.

Quote Originally Posted by manamoppet View Post
    According to patch 4.5 main story...
    ... the existence of all demi-hyurs, including the Au Ra, are a result of Hydaelyn banishing Zodiark long ago, causing the world to split into 13 Shards, which in turn caused mankind to split from one original race into many. At least that's what Garlean Emperor Varis zos Galvus says. The banishing of Zodiark happened long before Allagan existed.
    We don't really know more than that, I think.
    That's very dubious information at this point - and likely to have originated from the Ascians. Is it the truth, or are they telling him what he wants to hear?

At very least, there will be more to the explanation than what we've been told so far.
    (4)
    Last edited by Iscah; 03-19-2019 at 10:34 PM. Reason: fixed a broken quote tag

Player
    Character
    Jakaar Rakkin
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscah View Post
    /snip
    My interpretation is that since there are definitely hyurs, lalafells, miqo'tes, elezen and roegadyns on other shards (i.e. The First), and that since Omega, and by extension the Allagans, only existed on the Source, the likelyhood any of those 5 races (at least) are allagan creations is a lot less substantiated than people otherwise propose, and thus the information provided by Varis is the best thing we have to go on atm, even knowing the lack of credibility of its source. Of course this is playing on the idea that the Sundering didn't create 13 completely new universes with their own Omega and Midgardsormr but rather a localised dimensional anomaly.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast