Player
    Character
    Zyne Faerune
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70

Duty Finder Bug

When submitting a bug report, please use the below template and thoroughly fill out the necessary information.

Date & Time: 3/17/19 7:30AM PST
    Frequency: Once
    World name: Excalibur
    Character name: Zyne Faerune
    Retainer name:
    NPC name:
    Monster name:
    Class/Level: SCH and SMN 63
    Party or solo:
    In-game time:
    Area and coordinates:
    Housing:
    Steps:
    1. Queued as SCH for duty finder then went afk
    2. I came back to my computer to find I missed the queue
    3. I was then locked out for 1/2 hour.
    4. I NEVER left a duty only didn't accept one because I was afk
    *Add more steps if necessary

Connection Specs
    - Type of internet connection/provider: 60 mBps/Spectrum
    - Modem maker/model number:

■ PC Specs

To obtain the system information, open the FFXIV launcher and select Config → System Information → Display.

-=-=-=-=- System Information -=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Laptop Model Name:
    Laptop Model Number:

Gamepad Manufacturer:
    Gamepad Model Name:
    Gamepad Part Number:

Browser Information
    - Name and version of the browser currently in-use: Chrome
    - Internet Explorer Version:
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Had you previously missed a queue that same day? You're allowed to miss/withdraw from a queue up to 3 times every 24 hours. After the third time, you get hit by a penalty for each subsequent withdraw until the next day.
    (0)
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Zyne Faerune
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by HyoMinPark View Post
    Had you previously missed a queue that same day? You're allowed to miss/withdraw from a queue up to 3 times every 24 hours. After the third time, you get hit by a penalty for each subsequent withdraw until the next day.
    Well that's lame. It's not like I left a group already in progress. It's a queue not abandoning a dungeon/raid. Coming from someone who has played WoW for so many years, I am NOT impressed with that system. Especially with the queue times or cut scenes you have to skip out on if you need to switch back to the class you queued as. Then you miss the MSQ.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyne_ View Post
    Well that's lame. It's not like I left a group already in progress. It's a queue not abandoning a dungeon/raid. Coming from someone who has played WoW for so many years, I am NOT impressed with that system. Especially with the queue times or cut scenes you have to skip out on if you need to switch back to the class you queued as. Then you miss the MSQ.
    If I’m not mistaken, if your queue pops while you’re in a cutscene, you can stay in the cutscene, accept the duty box (as it does appear over the CS, iirc), and when you leave the duty, pick up where you left off.

This system is in place to keep people from constantly withdrawing from the duties/roulettes. I can’t express how annoying it is to be the one waiting on the queue, and your queue doesn’t go through because someone keeps withdrawing from it.
    (0)
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by HyoMinPark View Post
    If I’m not mistaken, if your queue pops while you’re in a cutscene, you can stay in the cutscene, accept the duty box (as it does appear over the CS, iirc), and when you leave the duty, pick up where you left off.
    Unless you switched jobs while you were waiting. Sure, works great if you're on the correct job, just resets you back and you still get to watch everything. But if you switched, gotta skip everything so you can get on the right job to accept.
    (or the very rare and unfortunate case of duty box pops up just before the cutscene triggers, and the window doesn't come back up when the cutscene actually starts)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyne_ View Post
    Back when the first 24 man cane out, people would troll the queue endlessly. Just pulling out over and over just to watch people’s cries about it. It’s due to this we have the penalties we do now.
    (0)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Now think about the players that skip those same cut scenes because their queue popped, only to have a player withdraw anyway and they're back to waiting.
    (0)