Player
    Character
    Dusk Wyi
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80

Tips for levelling DoH?

Hello everyone; recently I decided I wanted to level all my jobs... but that also includes the crafting classes. Unfortunately I'm not rich at all on the game so can't just keep buying the mats over and over (I tried this and got even poorer!).

I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips at all for levelling multiple DoH classes efficiently? Is it best to level my DoL classes first to help with DoH? Thanks for any advice.

Edit: Sorry that was meant to be switched. ^^; Could somebody move this to the DoH forum and change title? Thanks!
    (1)
    Last edited by HappyHaunt; 03-17-2019 at 12:47 PM.

Player
    Character
    Jenna Starsong
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Daily GC turn ins, beast tribes, and custom deliveries (55+ I think), all give tons of exp with minimal out of pocket expenses. It's a lot slower than just buying things for leves, but it's much, MUCH cheaper.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dusk Wyi
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Daily GC turn ins, beast tribes, and custom deliveries (55+ I think), all give tons of exp with minimal out of pocket expenses. It's a lot slower than just buying things for leves, but it's much, MUCH cheaper.
    Yeah been doing the turn ins mostly; I guess that really is the best way to level them. Well... its gonna take a while then! I know there's the Ixal quests but compared to the Moogles and Namazu they're very... tedious. I got sworn with them a while back and didn't want to go back afterwards. ._.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Auriana Redsteele
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyHaunt View Post
    Hello everyone; recently I decided I wanted to level all my jobs... but that also includes the crafting classes. Unfortunately I'm not rich at all on the game so can't just keep buying the mats over and over (I tried this and got even poorer!).
    The obvious solution to that is to gather all the mats yourself. That way you won't have to spend a single gil - just time.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Hero Prime
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Levees for most you can buy all items ftom vendors. Costs toughlty 250k per 10 levels from 50-70, cheaper at lower levels save up 100 allowances, duting that time save 260k and uour good
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dusk Wyi
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMeteo View Post
    Levees for most you can buy all items ftom vendors. Costs toughlty 250k per 10 levels from 50-70, cheaper at lower levels save up 100 allowances, duting that time save 260k and uour good
    How long does it take to get 100 allowances? Thanks for the tip!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jenna Starsong
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyHaunt View Post
    How long does it take to get 100 allowances? Thanks for the tip!
    You get 6 allowances per day, so 17 days to go 0-100. That said, if you haven't done any recently then you probably already have 100 allowances. Leves tend to be something you spend down, not build up.

Edit: 6 per day, not 12.
    (0)
    Last edited by Brightamethyst; 03-19-2019 at 11:17 PM.

Player
    Character
    Stouter Taru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    It's 3 leve allowances every 12 hours.

If you're doing just the leves, the only stat you need to worry about is gathering. If the slot doesn't have gathering, don't bother with getting it. There's no HQ items in leves, so perception is useless, and the CP boost from gear is barely noticeable before 50.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Dusk Wyi
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    I recently used a lot of leves' to level ALC so I have to wait for them to stack up again it seems. Thanks folks.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chida Rake
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    one thing to note about daily turn ins, yes they give good xp especially for hq and on bonus. but if you have to chase around for mats to make each item then chances are you could of just auto crafted a stack of something and gotten the same xp in the same or less amount of time.

for turn ins if you cant easily/quickly craft your own, either go to mb see if you can buy a cheap hq or nq if not check venders for cheap nq. wasting a tonne of time collecting mats for one turn in is just not a good idea if your trying to level quickly/efficiently.

also to counter the gil aspect a little gather something you can sell for a reasonable price that moves well. then you use that gil to fund the things you actually need like crystals and the such.

your wasting gil if you only gather the things you need when you could be gathering things to sell and buy the things you need in larger quanties from the gil earned.

always be thinking about how you spend your time when levelling. getting the xp in a reasonable amount of time is what will save you and make you gil. there is no need to go broke levelling crafters/gatherers at all.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast