Player
    Character
    Izyla Qalli
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by HyoMinPark View Post
    This only applies for level 50, level 60, and level 70 dungeons. All ARR, HW, and SB leveling dungeons (e.g., level 15~47, level 51~59, and level 61~69) don't have item level requirements, so you literally can queue into Castrum Abania (level 69 dungeon) as a level 69/70 player with just your weapon equipped (you don't even need a job stone on).

It becomes an issue because you get players in Sirensong Sea (level 61 dungeon) with i200 HW artifact gear on (the gear given to you in the SB MSQ is HQ i255 gear, so you're already 55 item levels below that). The game lets them do it, despite how much of a hinderance it is.

Leveling dungeons honestly need item level requirements. And I think something should also be done about NQ White gear, because as you level they get worse and worse.
    I just had the pleasure of being grouped with a paladin wearing ~150 gear in Shisui of the Violet Tides. He had the least hp out of the group, both me and the other dps would overaggro constantly even while spamming my enmity cooldowns.

I left after the second boss which we barely killed with several deaths because we were taking tankbusters.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasrat View Post
    I'm under the impression that one of the things really holding this feature back is the fact that a chunk of the quest gear you get given actually comes from side quests. MSQ doesn't hook you up with a complete set, so setting a minimum that isn't an inconvenience becomes troublesome. . . .The minimums would be incredibly low, quite likely not truly solving much, but they would still be enforcing a minimum, while still satisfying the dev desire to just let the player roll through without stopping and shopping.
    They need to do something. Because otherwise you end up with stories like the one directly above mine and like the one in this thread. The developers are more concerned with not hindering a progressing player... yet seem to not care at all about hindering the players that get the courtesy of having said undergeared players in their parties.

At the very least, the first dungeon of an expansion (e.g., Dusk Vigil, Sirensong Sea) should have an item level that matches or is just slightly above the last Expert Dungeon of the previous expansion (e.g., Amdapor Keep HM/Wanderer's Palace HM; Baelsar's Wall/Sohm Al HM). It's funny how Baelsar's Wall requires i230... and then Sirensong Sea doesn't require anything - and Baelsar's Wall is tied to the MSQ.

I don't think i230 min would be enough for Sirensong Sea, but they need to do something.
    (2)
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Iyami Galvayra
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Job stones should also be required past, say, Titan or Brayflox's Longstop. (I'm assuming that requiring them in Haukke Manor could cause issues, since you can queue for that at 29, but Brayflox requires 32.) There's no excuse for deliberately removing most of your best abilities and hindering a random group, yet I still see it sometimes. Had a marauder in World of Darkness earlier.....why?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Skilled players can sometimes enjoy the challenge of playing as base class. But, it was also a slightly different scenario before role actions, and subsequently allowing all ten of them. Previously, it could be a bit of alternate fun rolling with cross class skills not available to the job.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jakaar Rakkin
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Would a min ilvl requirement of 10 below the gear drops from a dungeon (like how it is for the lvl cap dungeons IIRC) be adequate? Is it too high for the casual gamer, or too low because of that defense threshold in lvl x5 dungeons?
    (1)
    Last edited by MrThinker; 03-18-2019 at 08:54 AM.

Player
    Character
    Estelle Joyeaux
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMollusk View Post
    Job stones should also be required past, say, Titan or Brayflox's Longstop. (I'm assuming that requiring them in Haukke Manor could cause issues, since you can queue for that at 29, but Brayflox requires 32.) There's no excuse for deliberately removing most of your best abilities and hindering a random group, yet I still see it sometimes. Had a marauder in World of Darkness earlier.....why?
    I'd personally go with Titan NM as the barrier point for job stones; Brayflox is close enough to the lvl 30 point that I'd be willing to let it slide, though I'm not against making that the barrier point if others want it to be more stringent. Still wouldn't stop people from failing to do their job quests after the first one (had a DRK that loaded into Stone Vigil having done only the job unlock quest and none after - he didn't even have Darkside), but there's only so much we can do to stop people from making those kinds of mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by MrThinker View Post
    Would a min ilvl requirement of 10 below the gear drops from a dungeon (like how it is for the lvl cap dungeons IIRC) be adequate? Is it too high for the casual gamer, or too low because of that defense threshold in lvl x5 dungeons?
    I think that requirement might work; the major point at which Augmented Shire gear becomes untenable for tanks is in Doma Castle, the lvl 67 dungeon, and the requirement for that dungeon would be ilvl 272 in this case, just beyond the Augmented Shire ilvl. Of course, I'd also like to see that not just be a min ilvl requirement like the endgame dungeons have, but one that requires all weapons and armor to meet that minimum, as that would still be easy to go in undergeared otherwise.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ulala Ula
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 60
    Ill just drop that....

Its been a series now for some days that level or mentor roulett throws me in such messes. LotA with an blm using lv 30 stuff THIRTY! thats like, might as well /afk. ofc we wiped several times as some were new/semi afk but not having decent dps did not help.

Just now i did a trial and it got me tsukoyomi story.... 30 min in progress, 30% or smt echo. But the sch had that 300 book, the monk the 300 wep.... like wtf... we just could not beat it, they sucked and with too few ppl to stack it got too much - well and i had like time for 2 pulls >_>

...I also did Sigmascape with an fc mate... we saw several ppl using 290 jobgear... some even some 273 gear.

There has to be a hard barrier, some absolute min lvl per slot and an overall avarage... and job quests.

Edit: just now i did another roulet, got tsuko again.... an blm had 290 weapon, chest pants and some random other stuff, just bought enough 380 to get that 335 needed >_>
    (1)
    Last edited by Kuroka; 03-25-2019 at 05:49 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2