Player
    Character
    Chojine Dentetsu
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60

Noob looking for tips on how to go about buying a house :)

Hiya all, currently levelling my crafters to make Gil with the goal of buying a house for my toon

Even though I have read housing offers very little it really is my main goal and with the current state of wards being full was wondering if there are any tips people can give for buying a plot

On Cerberus server btw, may have to swap server and I am fine with that as on my server I can't seem to find a single free plot.

Many thanks.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yui Savage
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by chojine View Post
    Hiya all, currently levelling my crafters to make Gil with the goal of buying a house for my toon

Even though I have read housing offers very little it really is my main goal and with the current state of wards being full was wondering if there are any tips people can give for buying a plot

On Cerberus server btw, may have to swap server and I am fine with that as on my server I can't seem to find a single free plot.

Many thanks.
    Auto demolition happens on the hour, so teleporting between the main cities and checking the residential districts from the Aether is probably the easiest and fastest way to see if something opened up. And prepare to wait at a placard for a while when you find one open, since the random timer can be heinous sometimes. You might have better luck after April 2nd, when the EU data center split happens (and they add a new world to each of the EU data centers). I'm not sure of the EU servers population data, so I don't know if Cerberus is one of the large ones and if it might be better to transfer servers. Hopefully it won't take you too long to get a house. Good luck!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Chojine Dentetsu
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Many thanks, MizArai, will do the hourly checks and see if I get lucky !

Edit: looking at the latest census data, Cerberus appears to have the second largest active EU player base.
    (0)
    Last edited by chojine; 03-13-2019 at 03:10 AM.

Player
    Character
    Tal Young
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    It's weird how rammed Cerberus wards have gotten.

I remember smalls being available for ages, always at least three or four open in the Goblet and usually one or two open in Lavender Beds or the Mists. Nothing free in Shirogane since release though

Now though even the Goblet seems to be 100% full 100% of the time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandor View Post
    It's weird how rammed Cerberus wards have gotten.

I remember smalls being available for ages, always at least three or four open in the Goblet and usually one or two open in Lavender Beds or the Mists. Nothing free in Shirogane since release though

Now though even the Goblet seems to be 100% full 100% of the time.
    People who plan to transfer to other worlds during the free transfer period have been buying up houses so they'll get the free 3 million gil SE is giving away to house owners.

If you had houses available freely available just before the data center change announcement, expect many to reappear once the free transfer period starts for your region.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Renabi Rena
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Keep in mind, since it seems like you're a newer player, simply purchasing a "house" is really only giving you a plot of land, there's plenty more items you have to buy just to have an interior, and some basic necessities to make your home can be extremely pricey on the market board. So make sure buying a house doesn't end up leaving you high and dry without the funds necessary to enjoy your new purchase.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Luna Moyrua
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    If you don't mind the server transfer, Omega still has quite a few plots available ^^
    (0)