Long story short. unsub, lost everything, ticket made, their response, and mine back. here's your feedback SE. Git Gud.

>Hello and thank you for contacting the FINAL FANTASY XIV Game Master Team.

We understand that you are contacting us regarding in-game estate that was demolished as part of the Reclamation of Inactive Housing. We know how much time and effort goes into maintaining a home, so we are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

80% of the gil used to purchase a plot of land and certain furnishings may be retrieved from the Residential Caretaker for up to 35 days after the estate was demolished. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide any reimbursement of gil or items following this time period. You may read more about the Reclamation of Inactive Housing introduced in patch 3.1 by clicking the following link:

https://sqex.to/44W

We encourage you to leave feedback about services we provide for features of the game, like housing, on the official forums. To start a discussion, please visit the forums at http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv. Although individual responses are not sent, please rest assured that all comments are submitted to the appropriate parties so that they can be read and considered for future updates.

We appreciate you contacting us about this matter. Should you have any further concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to assist.

yeah it was longer than 35 days so i am unable to retrieve anything from the caretaker. rather than leaving a post on your forums ill just reply here and recommend whoever is in charge of estates take a look at Everquest 2. They've had instanced housing from the start of the game in 2005. I didn't play for over 5 years. The company changed hands from SOE to Daybreak. I logged in not too long ago and my characters houses were all still in tact, with all items right where i'd left them. Square enix already impliments this in the apartment feature within Free Company Housing... It is absolutely mind boggling that you chose not to incorporate this into private estates. Wait...Outdoor furnishings. Almost forgot about those. like the set of cherry blossoms i purchased with real currency on the mogstation, that because i didn't keep my sub active, or renew it in a set amount of time, you don't care about. your company already got my money. The concept of single plot, single ownership estates is god awful and really needs to be reworked. Thank you for your time and proving your lack of care to your customer base in regards to time and effort spent. I look forward to the day Pantheon:Rise of the Fallen comes out and I have a better option for MMORPG. Absolute rubbish policy, and response to uphold it. Why do you even have a time limit on reclaiming the items from the resident caretaker? What purpose or benefit does that serve SE?