Player
    Character
    Konatafb Thunderbelts
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    Yeah I dont think many in the playerbase even know of this issue,
    is it against tos to post lodestone links into area chat? say during a busy time like after a s rank hunt.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chris Corona
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    I got both a PS4 and Steam version of FFXIV, I can switch over to the PS4 version if things cause some issues with Steam. Honestly that sucks to hear if they plan on enforcing this on players. Less options is never a good idea.
    Does this also extends to the Japanese playerbase too? If not... a lot of US players might not want to continue showing support.

I'll sign as well to help support this. I wonder why SE decided to do this all of a sudden.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Luna P'
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ElazulHP View Post
    I already got a canned response earlier this week and compared it with others who did and we all got the same thing. Essentially, they said they cannot do anything as there is no service available allowing us to convert keys or buy non-Steam keys and apply them to our accounts which is currently true, however, they could change this if they wanted. Then they said they forwarded my concerns to the appropriate department. Hopefully, that isn't code for launching my concerns into a black hole never to be heard from again. But realistically it probably is... lol...

I think the best thing we can do right now is just remain vocal and not let this get forgotten and buried.
    Sadly, and based on years of seeing this, it usually just means they've closed your ticket and to please stop bothering them. The one time I got a human response to submit it to a supervisor was over 5 months ago and despite requests for updates it just gets black holed, and this was for a separate account I had which is eternally stuck lol. Granted its not the company as a whole, and more so the support base in NA, but still their actions are what make up the perception from teh community on how they really feel about their jobs. Speaking as a former GM ( not to SE ) I understand there are certain policies and guidelines to follow as well as things that cannot be said, but to blackhole most things and setting a standard to it doesn't look good as a whole...GRANTED there's not much we can do but abandon our hours put into the game which I'm pretty sure most won't do despite the claims, and would be a huge waste since a small dent like that wouldn't be noticed anyways to them, so honestly it just sucks.

Japan gets so much more Attention actually gets attention at least, just sadly they're use of Steam is quite limited. I just wish the NA forums at least had a small handful of Mod's to pass on information instead of taking a flood to get noticed.

Doesn't stop me from continuing to try and be somewhat hopeful though...
    (4)
    The problem with ignorance is that it picks up confidence as it goes along~

Player
    Character
    Lia Tales
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    signed too o/
    Everything has been already said, but I want to add that FOR ME this feels like a trap, we're not only trapped on steam forever, now we're gonna be trapped on their servers and probably lose days of suscription (and money), because I'm sure SE won't do anything if we can't log in
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Konatafb Thunderbelts
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    Wonder if we can get a creator to ask about this at fanfest,
    not the steam requirement cause that is what square or valve already decided, Just the option to buy separate non steam keys for our accounts.

I know personally i would rather quit then start a new character, I'm sure many are the same,
    but I lvoe this game enough to not leave until there are issues and square knows that.
    So the question is, can steam trust valve's servers to not irritate enough players. I would love a mass expansion boycott till they enabled it but i know that wont happen. (i did ask about pre-order refunds just waiting on response for myself to evaluate the steam change)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Garish Enmity
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I love how everyone in this thread is just making up reasons as to why this happened.

PS4, Mac and Windows are liscences that allow you to share characters.

Steam does not.

Do you not understand that this is a Steam issue and not SE? You think SE wants to hear their whiny NA community all the time?

Literally every time they can make an accommodation, SE does. They fact they announced this and didn't say "hey hop on over to a PC liscence" is telling in itself.

I mean, I'm happy to be wrong but does anyone have a source confirming SE is absolutely responsible for this or are you just making stuff up?

The evidence shows with 3/4 liscences they all their players to share character data... So logically you better have this petition on the Steam Forums as well where it might actually make an impact.
    (3)

Character
    Lilila Lila
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by LuciferNacht View Post
    I love how everyone in this thread is just making up reasons as to why this happened.

PS4, Mac and Windows are liscences that allow you to share characters.

Steam does not.

Do you not understand that this is a Steam issue and not SE? You think SE wants to hear their whiny NA community all the time?

Literally every time they can make an accommodation, SE does. They fact they announced this and didn't say "hey hop on over to a PC liscence" is telling in itself.

I mean, I'm happy to be wrong but does anyone have a source confirming SE is absolutely responsible for this or are you just making stuff up?

The evidence shows with 3/4 liscences they all their players to share character data... So logically you better have this petition on the Steam Forums as well where it might actually make an impact.
    I don't know about Mac, but I can confirm that Steam shares with PS4 happily enough. PC and Steam are the only two that don't play nice with each other.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Keridwyn Maeve
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I can also confirm that I can play my characters both on my Steam PC version and the PS4.

I think a lot of folks are misunderstanding the two issues here. First, most folks just want the chance to BUY regular PC codes to apply to their account so that we have the option of continuing to launch the game without Steam (whatever our reasons for that might be).

Second, there is currently no issue right now because Steam isn't making FFXIV check against its notoriously poor authentication servers. The upcoming change sounds like it will soon be forced to do just that. See ESO for all the problems that can and probably will happen to FFXIV.

So people here would like to buy PC codes so that when Steam acts up they don't lose access to FFXIV. Steam cannot help us with this, they do not control our SE accounts and how platform licenses are stored. Going to their forums wouldn't solve this issue.
    (9)
    Last edited by Keridwyn; 03-16-2019 at 10:12 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kiyann Alyse
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Hoping this will help, I am voicing my concerns as well. I would like SE to provide a way for us to switch over our account. A lot of us have put hundreds if not thousand of hours into this game - not to mention the sub fees we have paid. I hope that they listen to the community - I'm not holding my breath but I'm not going to keep silent over it either. So I would encourage everyone to tell anyone they can about this issue and then make a formal complaint.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Avyuir Sunstrike
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Consider this signed from me as well. I haven't used Steam in years and honestly refuse to do so with the random updates to games and the issue the client has thinking the FFXIV game files are corrupt.

Please SE allow us to convert our Steam account into a standard PC license, even if this is going to cost us. There is too many extra steps involved with Steam that currently isn't there because we can launch the game normally outside of Steam.

A lot of people when they first started did not know the difference between Steam and PC when they first started and if Valve's terrible authentication servers stay true, there are going to be a lot of issues. Especially once the expansion hits and their terrible infrastructure is overloaded with authentication requests from people coming back to play the game
    (2)

Page 28 of 72 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast