Player
    Character
    Maneesha Rayne
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Vote in Favor as well

I'll address the people who are coming here and telling us that this is our own fault for having the steam version.Are you trying to tell us we are not allowed to express our concerns and make SE aware that we might have issues in the future because of issues in the past, or still present, concerning the steam client and other mmo's?

Yes you are right, some of us chose to buy the game trough steam others received the game as a gift, without knowing of any of the limitations and until this point there were no real problems. Sure we had to buy the expansions also trough steam, but this is at best a small inconvenience.Also if you were informing yourself about the different versions, you would find that it was also mentioned that you can play the game through the windows client and didn't need the steam client. Now this is changing and we are raising awareness an also asking SE for assistance in case things go bad.

As customers we have the right to express concerns, give feedback and complain.Also please ask your friends,who might be affected if worst comes to shove, if they are ready to start over and lose not only items you earned in game and their whole progress until now, but probably items which they bought in mogry shop.So please don't play "devils advocate".

Actually i think the timing is good for SE (sure it would have been better for them, not us, if they already had our money), they will have some time to deal with the problems (if they happen) before the expansion release. If things should go bad, and they cant do anything because its on the end of steam(thou i doubt that they don't have any means or leverage to deal with steam),they can implement a way for the steam player base to be able to register a normal windows version key in our already existing accounts.Make the expansion include the original game + expansions, then we only have to buy it and be set, no need for SE to give out free copies or for us to buy the game two times(lol @everyone who talks about wanting/being ready to buy the game twice, just so he can keep his progress and continue playing.Don't be so easy to milk, vote with your wallet).

Maybe SE and Steam will have to sit down and change stuff, depending on the conditions of their deal, but i think its in their best interest to keep us as customers, especially SE,but i also have my own interests to take care of, so i am glad that this is happening right now before the expansion,at least we didn't buy the expansion already and had to hear this news and then probably regretting that we flashed ~ 35€+ down the hatch.Now we can just wait and see how things will turn out.

If things should really go bad ( the ESO example) and SE does not give us a way out of the whole "windows/steam version bs", then I'll take it as a sign that they are not interested in keeping me as a customer and spend my money elsewhere.
    (15)
    Last edited by Maneesha; 03-09-2019 at 07:37 AM.

Player
    Character
    Inigo Meowtoya
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Just submitted a support ticket as I forgot to do that before. Looking forward to whatever the canned response is lol...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Luna P'
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ElazulHP View Post
    Just submitted a support ticket as I forgot to do that before. Looking forward to whatever the canned response is lol...
    Personal favorite is the survey they send you to rate their help assistance before they even respond to your ticket.
    (1)
    The problem with ignorance is that it picks up confidence as it goes along~

Player
    Character
    Rozemyne Shyahoro
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Probably a sticker that says "An attempt was made".

While my overall usage won't change, why would I be okay with a change that only has a detrimental effect? If at any point the servers are up but steam is not then I will have a problem. And you know it's going to happen sooner or later.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Inigo Meowtoya
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesarthim View Post
    And you know it's going to happen sooner or later.
    It's already happened in the last 24 hours. There was an outage for an hour or two where games that relied on the Steam authentication server were not able to function.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rozemyne Shyahoro
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    It's already happened in the last 24 hours. There was an outage for an hour or two where games that relied on the Steam authentication server were not able to function.
    I know, I outlined it in my post on the previous page (or at least the fact steam went down at all). I meant more when after this unwanted change goes live.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Driskus Blackstone
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Another fun fact to go along with this: There's no news on the FFXI website about this, only FFXIV. If it was really some sort of Steam policy change involving MMOs, they would have to change FFXI too.

Yes I know POL is a whole different animal than the Mog Station and doesn't make any distinction between Steam and non-Steam accounts.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Milla Cat
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Every Tuesday steam goes down for maintenance for a little, and that means we are probably going to be kicked from ff as well.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Evinna Reed
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Signed. The Steam client can be pretty bad and I don't want to be locked out of the game because of it.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Shido Bellveil
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Signing as well. I moved away from using Steam to log in to FFXIV years ago because I have had countless games kick me off because Steam's servers have gone down for one reason or another. I don't want FFXIV to be a game that I want to play but can't because Steam decided to be down.
    (3)
    Last edited by Shido513; 03-09-2019 at 09:15 AM.

Page 13 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast