Page 11 of 72 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Ramu Chi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    I was gifted the game via Steam, during ARR days, without I nor the gifter being aware of the repurcussions it would have years later.

I would happily buy the base game and the Shadowbringers expac again if it meant letting me deactivate my Steam key for a regular PC key. Please.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Alex Nervar
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I mean, all for supporting as before, but I sure as heck ain't all for rebuying all of the expansions due to something that didn't even need to happen. It should be a free transfer.

xD Just saying this as I don't want SE to find a reason to milk this.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Valisia Rouge
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    signed if I have to go back through the steam client again and deal with those issues all over I am canceling my account
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Little Sprinkles
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    I just wanted to come in and sign this in support.

I think a better a request would be to allow a PC code to be attached to override the steam code. That's totally unfair of FFXIV to not allow accounts to switch OFF of a steam link to a PC link. The steam decision I believe is out of their hands; however, a change in account I believe is totally within their realm of change.

Please square, allow your players to switch off of Steam and add a PC FFXIV game code instead.

Thank you
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Eldred Draconis
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    So, two things. First, as the update indicated, this change was to align with Steam policies. Complain to Steam, not S-E. Secondly, there is very likely contractual obligations that require S-E to adhere to the policies. If you're hoping for a key replacement, that probably won't happen either, because of the contractual obligations between Steam and S-E.

This is why you never buy from Steam.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Driskus Blackstone
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    This is definitely NOT Steam that is requiring this change, because the majority of games I have on Steam can be started directly, and the ones that can't all work with the client in offline mode (obviously there so you can still play your games while Steam's servers are down). Not a single one of those other games has mentioned having to change to always-online DRM. If it really was Steam policy, then some of those other developers more than likely would have mentioned it by now, and I doubt many of them are going to want to go push an update to a game that hasn't been updated in years just to add it.

If it worked with Steam in offline mode I wouldn't have a problem, but the way it sounds it'll be an always-on thing, and Steam's uptime is not rhe greatest sometimes. We already have enough connection issues since the datacenter move happened.

I wonder if its in response to the recent news about RMT, fraudulent trial upgrades, and such rather than Steam policy, and that now they're trying to close some weird loophole with it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Driskus; 03-09-2019 at 04:47 AM.

Player
    Character
    Karma Dunkelsonn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    We already have different licenses listed for PC, PS4 and Mac all it would take would be to add a seperate listing for Steam and allowing people to register both a standard PC and Steam license to the same Service Account to fix the worst of this. People would still have to buy the game and Expansion(s) again but supposing they can't just turn a Steam license into a general PC license for contractual reasons it seems like the sensible solution.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Kiyoshi Murasaki
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    This is completely absurd. It's clear that everyone will experience a massive increase in disconnects and other related issues. This is not what I paid for. This obligation doesn't make any sense and it's only going to upset a large part of your playerbase.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Xeronia Alden
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I would gladly pay for the Window version and put it on my account instead but I can't do that because I registered the Steam version. This wouldn't be too much of an issue if we could still register a Windows version but we can't at the moment. I will wait to see if this is as bad as everyone is saying it is for ESO of course but we should be able to register both Steam and Windows.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Peyton Monceaux
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    I've been playing since mid ARR and was looking forward to Shadowbringers, but I now regret preordering it (through Steam bc I had to)...feeling kinda sick hearing this news.
    (5)

Page 11 of 72 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast