Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Player
    Character
    Axl Stream
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Also let's not forget how that would negatively impact PF and balance of future content. PF would enforce ilvl requirements that are much closer to full tome gear ilvl on content freshly released, essetially forcing people to farm out these endless tomes to even step into the content. Content would also get cleared at an alarming rate as it would of been balanced to a much inferior ilvl.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriane_Elis View Post
    That's not the case. It's actually punishing to the player and not an enjoyable experience.
    How is it punishing the player? By not putting players in a position in which they may be pressured to play a lot during a small space of time, they're being punished?

Something tells me you are not very familiar with raiding. Any vaguely competitive team will demand players to grind an entire tier's worth of gear in a day. This will automatically exclude anyone who is even just in college or has a job unless patch day happens falls on a holiday. Raid pugging would also be a mess for similar reasons. Those who had the time to grind like crazy will have no interest in playing with those who geared up at a more normal pace.

Removing the gear gating the tomestone cap creates would instead introduce content access gating by the players. At least the tomestone cap treats every player the same. Community generated gating would not. Just look at the Baldesion Arsenal situation to see just how great gating is when the playerbase does it.

This would divide the community into groups of those who can cap tomes fast, and those who cannot. Which means the pool of players someone can play with would shrink. This is bad for the longevity a mmo.

It's not just about "lul SE want to make more money so they force us to sub longer with this silly cap" it's also about wanting to keep the playerbase in a more healthy state by giving them reasons to play together more often.
    (1)

Player
    Kugane (No that red crayon is totally legitimate) >.>
    Character
    Ritsuko Sonoda
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Corue View Post
    If you uncap tomestones people will poopsock gear for all their classes in less than a week and then complain that there's no content to do, I guarantee you.
    And they only have themselves to blame for it. Just like those that complain now that there is nothing to do because they refuse to play certain jobs or do specific content at all based on how its classified without even trying it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Krokov Reynall
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Well if not removed at least up at 2 as someone else has suggested 900 instead of the 450. Right now going from 0 to 2000 takes approximately four+ weeks, at least with 900 it would only take two+.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deceptus Keelon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AxlStream View Post
    Also let's not forget how that would negatively impact PF and balance of future content. PF would enforce ilvl requirements that are much closer to full tome gear ilvl on content freshly released, essetially forcing people to farm out these endless tomes to even step into the content. Content would also get cleared at an alarming rate as it would of been balanced to a much inferior ilvl.
    So make your own party that has a lower ilvl? No one is forcing you to join those higher ones.
    (0)
    • Veteran healers don't care if we actually have to heal, but right now we don't. We simply want something interesting to do during the downtime. That is not asking for a lot
    • Dead DPS do no DPS. Raised DPS do 25/50% lower DPS. Do the mechanics and don't stand in bad stuff.
    • Other games expect basic competence, FFXIV is pleasantly surprised by it. Other games have toxic elitism. FFXIV has toxic casualism.

Player
    Character
    Iunia Arcena
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 80
    Nope, I want the weekly cap. the weekly cap allows them to design content in a way that allows me to make guaranteed weekly progress without mind-numbing RNG-infested grind that we would most likely get in its place were it to be removed.

After experiencing Eureka (which I'm sure they used to test all sorts of terrible ideas) I... don't really trust SE not to come up with a much, much, MUCH worse alternative. I shudder to think what they would come up with if they tried to deviate from the existing formula.

I do want the game to change and evolve. Just maybe not... in the area of gear progression and accessibility. I feel it already hits the sweet spot, I don't want them to mess with it.
    (2)
    Last edited by Bonbori; 03-09-2019 at 02:36 PM.

Player
    Character
    Rein Tenebres
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Keeping this capped is probably for the best, both for players and for SE. Mostly for the same reason.

It incentivizes continued subscriptions, which keep server upkeep paid for. If I could cap day 1, I would probably sub for 1 month for 5.0, then cancel sub till the next MSQ update. Yes, selfishly speaking, that would be financially great for me. But if this was on the full scale, Everyone paying 1 month and quitting till next MSQ update would be bad.
    (3)
    Greetings and salutations, adventurers.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7