Player
    Character
    Nixacu Murubra
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90

Palace of the Dead Disconnect Threat

So I've just recently got into doing POTD solo runs and in all honesty, much more fun then grouping up with strangers. The planning around a floor and then being rewarded by making it to the next is just an amazing feeling but that's where it ends for me. For the last five days straight I've been trying to run this dungeon in hopes of making it to 200 but I get stopped by the same thing every time and that is disconnects.
    Not sure if anyone else can agree on this but I feel like a DC counting for a KO is pretty brutal, considering what you already have to worry about in the higher floors. Not sure if anyone of the developers see this but could something be changed in order to not cripple 8+ hours of work, not by the lack of a players skill but more of a technical issue?
    I thought of some things that might be put in place to maybe improve that part of the dungeon and hopefully someone sees it.

1.) Frequent DC on the same floor set get punished
    Let's face it, if they took that part of getting a KO when DC out then it could be used by people who want to exploit the dungeon and trivialize everything. So perhaps the more DC happen on the floor, the stronger and more frequent the mobs become over time. That way if people think they can just cheese through the floor by pulling the plug when things go wrong they will be punished.

2.) Removing Pomegranates upon DC.
    It might not seem a whole lot but it could still affect that person while not ruining their chances of getting to the higher floors.

3.) If they weren't in combat and they DC don't count it as a kill.
    I can't tell you how many times I sat in the portal, about to make it to the boss after killing everything on the floor just to get that dreaded screen telling me about my DC. I should be worrying about the enemies and how to combat them. Not if my internet is going to ruin my whole run.

I apologize if this was a mess to read. This was my first forum post in a long time so getting used to the layout and terminology is hard getting used to. I don't hate the POTD floor 1-200 challenge as I do enjoy working my way up and thinking of new ways to fight the mobs but still, as I said countless of times. It does make it annoying when your skills for the floor are up to par but a random DC kills you
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    your disconnects are probably the result of something happening along the route from your computer to the servers and not to do with Square Enix's side itself. Best I can suggest if you are going for some kind of solo/party run - get a VPN.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cutie Julie
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 1
    I totally agree with you, I have been trying to solo 1 to 200 for weeks now but haven't had any luck due to dc and of course my mistakes. But I have gotten d/c on boss fights randomly and it would always be 150 floors + when I get disconnected, which really sucks!! We are already soloing stuff why can't we get a break if we get disconnected? Please fix this SE!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Marci X'
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by xxMaplexx View Post
    I totally agree with you, I have been trying to solo 1 to 200 for weeks now but haven't had any luck due to dc and of course my mistakes. But I have gotten d/c on boss fights randomly and it would always be 150 floors + when I get disconnected, which really sucks!! We are already soloing stuff why can't we get a break if we get disconnected? Please fix this SE!
    Its hopeless.
    I contacted the support many times and at the end they dont care about anything of DC's n POTD, just Basic proposals, nothing more.
    And so, I gave up to count my DC's from floor 150+ and maybe every second run is really 'safe'.
    I wasted so many potsherds and its not really easy to gain these like in HoH.
    Nevertheless, i wish you good luck.
    (0)