Player
    Character
    Taiyo Shikasu
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    "As a 1.0 player..."

Then you should know the game in its current state is built on the graveyard that is 1.0 and instead of ghosts, you get crap for coding.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ashgarth Sorel
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fouraces View Post
    I own more than 1% of shares, i'm not some middle classer, i have investments everywhere. Mostly in the housing market of Florida, but a lot of my passive income i put into the gaming and technology industry. I don't need to brag about accomplishments, however. That's not the point of the post.
    Yet I have 4 houses and you dont. If I was able to acquire that in a legacy server, so could you. Hell, several people in my FC who started just a couple months ago each have a house.

Sorry, but for not being the point you were really bragging about how much money you have and how much more you know about everything than everyone else in that wall of text devoid of paragraphs.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fouraces View Post
    words
    So either your methodology is flawed, or your counting is. Using the garland tools database i just pulled up the item list for patch 4.5. Patch 4.5 added 475 items, 56 of which are housing related. Then 4.55 added 214 more with 2 being for housing. Thats less then 10%. Patch 4.4 was similar(60 housing items out of 966 between 4.4 and 4.45). I could keep going back, but there isnt a point. And the vast majority of these housing items are furniture. The content you do with furniture is decorating - which isnt locked from anyone because apartments are a thing. Not having a house blocks seed cross breeding(very few things) and it stops an FC from making airships and subs(which dont lead to that many things either). Youre also wrong about when housing was added(FC housing was 2.1, private chambers in 2.3, and personal homes in 2.38). And you said in your original post that the company makes more then a $1 billion per year off this game. Im sure SE makes a few billion annually as a company, but the revenue generated by this game in particular isnt that much. While the company doesnt publicly release subscriber counts(the "14 million accounts" thing they advertise is accounts created, including those no longer active and those that never made it past the free trial to invest any money into the game), most estimates based on measurable information put the actual number in the 400-500k range. A million monthly subscribers spending $20 a month(so adding retainers or cash shop items EVERY month) would be less then a quarter billion, with a realistic sub figure spending $13 a month adding up to like 60 million annually. Id love to know what it actually costs to run the game, but we know its a sizable chunk of that figure. So no, this game is no billion dollar cash cow, its profit is probly in the $10 mil range if i had to take a guess.

All of that is just to say youre wrong. Id still love to see them fix everything they can, implement more and better housing, and in general just make things better. But me agreeing that id like to see improvements doesnt make you less wrong.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Souji Hanamura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    "I have money IRL what do you mean I can't use it to buy everything I want, anywhere? How is this a fair system?"
    (2)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3