Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Desuena Yakito
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70

You make 1 billion dollars off this game a year at a mininum.

I'm absolutely livid. As a 1.0 player that has tried on every attempt to get a house, at any size, on my legacy server since the beginning of its rushed release in 2.0 i am at the point where I'm going to start point fingers on your earnings, as a investor in SE since 2003 it disappoints me that you can generate over one billion american dollars off this game a year and not solve such a simple problem. You have the income to supply enough wards to people that want house yet you milk subscription money and add less content with every expansion. That one billion in annual revenue does not count your cash shop. I get income reports for SE as a shareholder and i can visibly see the earnings of this game. It sickens me to know end. So take my advice and if you do not want to add more wards than necessary add a log in survey to the launcher and ask how many players want to buy a house, and do they have the Gil currently to support it. Verify account gil, then on new ward release add the correct amounts based on statistical data instead of being greedy. I did not want to have to post this information, but last night i finally got a hold of a small plot and placed my house after camping and spamming for 9 hours straight, competing with 3 other people. Once i had won i logged off to rest only to find once i logged back in someone else had ownership of my plot. This game has a sustainability amount of content locked behind housing to the point where it is 37.63% of this games content. Something needs to be done with the income you are earning off of me and other players, other wise im just going to quite and sell my shares off while the game is still in a semi good state. The content is getting duller every expac and less content is being added, so do yourself a favor and prevent your stocks from turning into what blizzard activisions is and actually care for your game like you did at the beginning of 2.0
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Lucius Magnus
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Sounds to me that you just didn't actually click buy. Housing is in a bit of a short supply because NA servers have had their demolition timer shut off since Oct. due to natural disasters. Hopefully it'll be turned on soon. Also, I think you were reading the earnings sheet wrong.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fouraces View Post
    You make 1 billion dollars off this game a year at a mininum
    A lot of that money is going to be pumped back into the company though. People need to get paid, projects must be funded, advertising needs to be done. Who knows how much is left after all that is taken into account. I'm not disputing that SE have the money to tackle the housing issue, because they do. But that big number on its own is a bit misleading. We don't actually know how much of a budget FFXIV gets. It may not be enough to fix housing and continue to give us the rest of the content we're accustomed to getting regularly.

And before anyone gets into a tizzy over how the money FFXIV makes should only be used for FFXIV, let me remind you that the money to make that game in the first place obviously came from elsewhere. It didn't spontaneously appear. It's standard practise to use money from one project to fund others.

So take my advice and if you do not want to add more wards than necessary add a log in survey to the launcher and ask how many players want to buy a house, and do they have the Gil currently to support it.

Verify account gil, then on new ward release add the correct amounts based on statistical data instead of being greedy.
    What does this mean? Add wards equal to the amount of players who have enough gil to purchase houses? What about those who are gifted gil to buy a house? These people won't be counted. Or how about anyone who changes their mind? It would make more sense for SE to add enough wards to facilitate all the active accounts on the server that do not have a private home on any character on that server.

Well honestly it would make more sense for SE to give us proper instanced housing but that's another discussion on its own, and one that has been relentlessly repeated already on the forums.

I did not want to have to post this information, but last night i finally got a hold of a small plot and placed my house after camping and spamming for 9 hours straight, competing with 3 other people. Once i had won i logged off to rest only to find once i logged back in someone else had ownership of my plot.
    If this really happened why not make a GM ticket? They won't give you the house back but they may refund you the gil if you lost the house due to a bug, and if they can see logs showing that you did purchase it.

This game has a sustainability amount of content locked behind housing to the point where it is 37.63% of this games content.
    One third of the game's content is locked behind housing? Uh...that's very far from the truth. Very very far. I love the housing but one third is a huge exaggeration.

Something needs to be done with the income you are earning off of me and other players, other wise im just going to quite and sell my shares off while the game is still in a semi good state. The content is getting duller every expac and less content is being added, so do yourself a favor and prevent your stocks from turning into what blizzard activisions is and actually care for your game like you did at the beginning of 2.0
    Personally I'm enjoying the game a lot and I don't see a drop in quality of the expansions or patches, but much of this comes down to personal taste. I don't disagree that SE should address the housing situation properly. The ward system is unsustainable and it constantly dooms far too many players to be unfairly left out of content. It's a disgrace that it has continued for this long.
    (10)
    Last edited by Penthea; 03-03-2019 at 12:57 AM.

Player
    Character
    Terrence Geldona
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 66
    I agree with the original post. A significant portion of this game's content is locked behind the housing wall. There should be entire continents in the game devoted to player owned housing as well as a player driven economy. The housing mechanics are incredible, but only a very small amount have access to these features as they are very exclusive. I am honestly very surprised how exclusive housing is. There are F2P games with less exclusivity in this regard. One thing that has been established in this post is that the ward system is incredibly awful, especially considering SE's standard of quality.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    M'naago Cat
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    I'm absolutely livid. As a 1.0 player that has tried on every attempt to get a house, at any size, on my legacy server since the beginning of its rushed release in 2.0 i am at the point where I'm going to start point fingers on your earnings, as a investor in SE since 2003 it disappoints me that you can generate over one billion american dollars off this game a year and not solve such a simple problem. You have the income to supply enough wards to people that want house yet you milk subscription money and add less content with every expansion. That one billion in annual revenue does not count your cash shop. I get income reports for SE as a shareholder and i can visibly see the earnings of this game. It sickens me to know end. So take my advice and if you do not want to add more wards than necessary add a log in survey to the launcher and ask how many players want to buy a house, and do they have the Gil currently to support it. Verify account gil, then on new ward release add the correct amounts based on statistical data instead of being greedy. I did not want to have to post this information, but last night i finally got a hold of a small plot and placed my house after camping and spamming for 9 hours straight, competing with 3 other people. Once i had won i logged off to rest only to find once i logged back in someone else had ownership of my plot. This game has a sustainability amount of content locked behind housing to the point where it is 37.63% of this games content. Something needs to be done with the income you are earning off of me and other players, other wise im just going to quite and sell my shares off while the game is still in a semi good state. The content is getting duller every expac and less content is being added, so do yourself a favor and prevent your stocks from turning into what blizzard activisions is and actually care for your game like you did at the beginning of 2.0
    Housing wasn't released in 2.0.
    No one cares about your literal 1 share of this company.
    You obviously do not understand how purchasing a plot works in this game if you log back in and "your" plot is owned by someone else.
    37.63% of this game's content.
    Yes, Square Enix will go bankrupt once you stop playing. Tragic.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Syphin Polaris
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Over 1/3rd of the game content is housing? I'm... I'm pretty sure that is grossly exaggerated with all the raids, dungeons, gold saucer, story, pvp, tons of jobs to level as far as gathering, crafting, and combat combined and so forth. Housing is honestly a part of the game you could completely ignore and not really miss much to be honest. Is it nice to have a little safe haven to yourself that you can, for the most part, make in your image? Sure. Is it over a third of the game's content to play and enjoy? Personally, gonna go with a pretty big no on that front.

Housing in this game isn't the best, and could for sure use a bit of attention and there are people unhappy with this, I get that. Another thing a notable amount of people are unhappy with was Eureka, myself being one of them. They do care about this game, they have attempted new things and if they are poorly received have even went as far putting the effort into attempted to make it right instead of just letting it sit there as wasted space. Diadem comes to mind, they really did try with it, and even shut it down to redo it's system. It still wasn't very well received but they at least put in the effort to it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
    I agree with the original post. A significant portion of this game's content is locked behind the housing wall. There should be entire continents in the game devoted to player owned housing as well as a player driven economy. The housing mechanics are incredible, but only a very small amount have access to these features as they are very exclusive. I am honestly very surprised how exclusive housing is. There are F2P games with less exclusivity in this regard. One thing that has been established in this post is that the ward system is incredibly awful, especially considering SE's standard of quality.
    What's a significant portion? Housing doesn't lock MSQ, side quests, leves, guildhests, raids, trials, FATEs, hunts, treasure maps, beast tribes, DoH/DoL...

The only thing housing locks is a few items available through gardening and workshops, and most of the unique items coming out of workshops are used only for housing or the workshops themselves.

Everyone has access to housing via apartments. Don't exaggerate the situation. Apartments might lack the gardening, workshops and an outdoor area to furnish but they're still a space to decorate and call a home.

I laugh at your " F2P games with less exclusivity in this regard". I played RIFT for several years. Dimensions were great - and pretty much locked behind a massive paywall even if you were subscribed (you only got one tiny 50 item Dimension for free). At least there's no paywall here outside of the standard subscription fee.

Yes, there is room for improvement in housing in FFXIV but you're really getting overly dramatic about it.
    (3)
    Last edited by Jojoya; 03-03-2019 at 04:47 AM.

Player
    Character
    Scott Pilgrim
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    This game has a sustainability amount of content locked behind housing to the point where it is 37.63% of this games content.
    Okay I'll bite. That's a pretty specific number. Would you mind letting us know how you got that?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Souji Hanamura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by worldofneil View Post
    Okay I'll bite. That's a pretty specific number. Would you mind letting us know how you got that?
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Vierys Night
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    Lol! This level of lying shenanigans is insane. Maybe OP was writing a fanfic entry about how the game works from their perspective and the people reading this saying "I agree, the game is locked behind a housing wall" are just in it for the ride.

I want to believe we don't have people like this in our community.
    (2)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast