Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Mizu Kitti
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70

Stupid Lofts and other housing complaints.

I'm sure others have made this complaint, however SE added the lofts but you have to glitch to get things on top of them which is stupid. Lofts are basically a floor and shelf combined and we should be able to to place items on them without having to bust our butts to glitch them up there. Also we should be able to the wallpaper and flooring as it would further add to the customizability of each house. We also need more space to put items in house houses lol. I'm sure there are other things I could complain about but the main thing is the lofts. It shouldn't be this much of a pain to use them.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Rosalyn Valeroyant
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    I personally sort of like the challenge of getting items onto lofts, but I'm a bit weird like that. I'm also lucky in the fact that I haven't had too hard of a time floating items. I know others have a hard time with it.

More item slots in all housing spaces would be amazing, especially for mediums and mansions. They both need another 200 slots, or more.

The default wall pillars and wood work continues to be an annoying eye sore that I wish we could change to other themes/remove, or at least dye. Those things take up precious space that most of us would like to be able to use for furnishings. Same thing with the basic invisible barrier between the wall and furnishings you place.

The number of large food items vs. the number of tables that can actually fit more than one is insane. Could this please be addressed? Either more tables, or fewer/smaller food items from events. I had to Frankenstein together a table to get something that could fit a dinner for two from the most recent holiday items. Part of it is the place mats on the meals, but really, it's just the lack of larger tables. The only ones we have are way too big, and low to the ground. It'd be nice to have 1 item to fit a dinner for two rather than having to waste 3 or so slots.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Aivi Kupo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Every time I try to put something on the loft I fall through the floor and have to start again through all the menus
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Aivi_lo View Post
    Every time I try to put something on the loft I fall through the floor and have to start again through all the menus
    Stay on the floor below it and angle your camera so you're looking down. There's no camera collision on the loft itself so it will help in placing some items as long as they won't be too close to the ceiling.

One thing I've noticed is that if I have to stand on the loft to get a decent view angle, I'm less likely to fall down after placing/rotating an item if I stand where 2 loft section meet.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    K'rina Sato
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I would desperately love for us to have expanded housing slots. At minimum I think they need to do another doubling of slots on all sizes. I would much rather have too many slots than constantly bang my head against the current ceilings.

I would also love to be able to remove the indoor pillars. They drive me insane when I'm trying to get a smooth wall, and some of them get in the way no matter what you do. Oasis pillars I'm looking at you. If I want pillars, let me put them in myself where I want them.

I would love to have more flexibility with putting partial tiles/wallpaper up without having to use a billion rugs or partitions to help break up my space better.

And I'm begging for more outside items. Please. Just 10 more each would be amazing!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kytrin View Post
    I would desperately love for us to have expanded housing slots. At minimum I think they need to do another doubling of slots on all sizes. I would much rather have too many slots than constantly bang my head against the current ceilings.

[...]

And I'm begging for more outside items. Please. Just 10 more each would be amazing!
    Indoor item limits were already doubled fairly recently, I doubt we'll be seeing an increase of that magnitude again. They've said they're working on upping the outside furniture slots next, but not sure by how many. Adding 10 slots per house means each ward is loading up an additional 300 pieces of furniture which may pose a problem, but we'll have to see what they come up with.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    K'rina Sato
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustytome View Post
    Indoor item limits were already doubled fairly recently, I doubt we'll be seeing an increase of that magnitude again. They've said they're working on upping the outside furniture slots next, but not sure by how many. Adding 10 slots per house means each ward is loading up an additional 300 pieces of furniture which may pose a problem, but we'll have to see what they come up with.
    They're dropping 32bit support if they haven't already, and have been tweaking other things for the past two years, so I will remain hopeful. Nevertheless, even if they don't do another doubling I'll take any increase. I'm constantly struggling to make my medium look properly lived in, and the large I did on commission once was practically an echo chamber in places.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Vierys Night
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernza View Post
    I'm sure others have made this complaint, however SE added the lofts but you have to glitch to get things on top of them which is stupid. Lofts are basically a floor and shelf combined and we should be able to to place items on them without having to bust our butts to glitch them up there. Also we should be able to the wallpaper and flooring as it would further add to the customizability of each house. We also need more space to put items in house houses lol. I'm sure there are other things I could complain about but the main thing is the lofts. It shouldn't be this much of a pain to use them.
    Stop complaining. It's progress. I'm so excited we even got lofts, it's showing they are actually paying attention to our decor and you don't know that complexities behind it. It might be hard for them to allow for these things. Like can't this sub just be grateful that they are expanding on the housing at all? It's clear they are trying and if you pay attention, Yoshi already noted that more housing improvements will be coming in 5.0.

The lofts are epic and fine. It's a step toward the right direction.

Jeez. Give an inch and people will tantrum for the mile.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shadow Link'
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I'd like if you could place things like beds, tables or other furniture on top of them. Unless you can glitch them? Unsure how you can do that. Suggestions?
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannigan View Post
    Shirk is how you high five the other tank for the tag out. They raise their hand up with provoke and you tag it with shirk. Don't leave them hanging.

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by HadesNight View Post
    Stop complaining. It's progress. I'm so excited we even got lofts, it's showing they are actually paying attention to our decor and you don't know that complexities behind it. It might be hard for them to allow for these things. Like can't this sub just be grateful that they are expanding on the housing at all? It's clear they are trying and if you pay attention, Yoshi already noted that more housing improvements will be coming in 5.0.

The lofts are epic and fine. It's a step toward the right direction.

Jeez. Give an inch and people will tantrum for the mile.
    No, just give people something that works correctly. A loft has a FLOOR, therefore, floor items go there.
    (1)
    "Fanboy is gaming jargon used to describe an individual that has gone beyond the point of being a PC or console game fan and, during online chats or discussions, shifts to defend the program at all costs, unable to take any criticism or acknowledge any shortcomings of the game or gaming console."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast