Player
    Character
    Mimiji Miji
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90

Do Prophetic Dreams Count as Leaks? >w>

(I'm not being serious, just thought it was funny/interesting)

So, last night I had a dream that SE sent me several important documents, including an unfinished version of the 3rd volume of the Encyclopaedia Eorzea, which had info on the next job, Gun Mage [GNM]. Most of the documents were in JP with a few notes written in ENG and it was adream, so I couldn't read most of them but what I saw was:

-They would be a caster DPS that could use some (not all) of the BLU spells you learned plus had a few it could learn on its own and got weaponskills via leveling.

-Their main focus was debuffs and doing combos with weaponskills and Blue Magic.

-They used Aether Pistols as their main-weapon. They looked like hi-tech pistols, with the relic weapon being a silver pistol with a golden ring of wings floating around the barrel.

-For relic armor , the female version looked like Yuna's Gun Mage outfit from X-2, while male's looked like a crop-top suit and tie with halfskirt on the pants. Both had hi-tech visors for headgear.

-A picture of a Pupu and its Mother Ship from VIII were circled in red with the word "IMPORTANT" written next to it.

-At the bottom of the page, written in red, "to test how friendly players are with each other".

So, if Gun Mage is announced, I'm an oracle, and if its not, it's because SE knows I'm on to them and changed it at the last minute. >w>
    again, this isn't serious, please don't be mad ;w;
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Elan Centauri
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    HW MCH was a Gun Mage. :P
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Personal Housing
    While I cannot give a specific date on when personal housing will be implemented, I can say that prices will be completely separate from free company housing, and, naturally, far more affordable.

Player
    Character
    Mimiji Miji
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahlnir View Post
    HW MCH was a Gun Mage. :P
    See, my prophecy is true!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Elan Centauri
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimilu View Post
    See, my prophecy is true!
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Personal Housing
    While I cannot give a specific date on when personal housing will be implemented, I can say that prices will be completely separate from free company housing, and, naturally, far more affordable.

Player
    Character
    Rein Tenebres
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Spoilers. Please skip if you want to protect yourself.

I enjoy mashing together a lot of small facts to produce theories of what could be in this game.

For example: The Warrior of Light/Darkness (we) may one day acquire a sort of Ultimate ability that charges like a Limit Break, but isn't a party gauge resource.
    This ability is to assume the form of a Primal.
    What precedent do we have for this?
    First case: Ysayle and Shiva.
    Ysayle is the only other potential "Warrior of Light" we've had on the Source. She believed herself to be Shiva until later disproven, but retained the ability to transform into Shiva nearly at will. She was never tempered by Shiva thanks to the power of the crystal as well.
    Second case: Zenos, using the knock-off variant of our Echo, the Resonant, implanted himself inside of, and took over Shinryu, becoming the Primal himself. The Resonant also provided the ability to protect him from tempering. He didn't even demonstrate a belief in Shinryu. In fact, he openly degraded it, but still maintained it's form once taking it over.
    The chief of problems we face is the entire "Primals are bad by nature of draining the land of Aether." However, we've already demonstrated that we're willing to let such things slide. First example is Ramuh. We appealed to him to see if he would chill. We were going to leave him in his current state of existence. Of course, Ramuh decided to test us as Hydaelin's chosen to see if we could protect his children from Garlemald, which resulted in dispersing him back into the aether. The 2nd example is back to Ysayle. She repeatedly summons Shiva to our cause. We never stopped her from summoning. (I wont take the "it was necessary for Ravanah argument." We were there, and we've never had cause to be concerned before with facing off against primals.) Naturally after Shiva got stepped on (We already thoroughly tossed her around like a ragdoll back in ARR. Why would she bother to think she could have a better chance against Ravanah than us?) we took care of Ravanah.

Next question. What primals would we summon unto ourselves? We actually have a ready choice in the form of The Twelve. We select a Guardian Diety at character creation. This originally was to slightly tweak our innate elemental affinities (which died at some point while I was away). Summoning The Twelve unto ourselves would be a way to get a short boost of power.

Finally. How it could work into the story. Throughout the story, it's slowly become clear that we don't completely understand the nature of primals yet. Even the summoning isn't strictly defined, as outliers have occured. We know they intake aether. The current situation is that a premonition of calamity has occured in the form of aetheric crystals losing their aspect. We know that primals have an aetheric input. However, there's a rule with such things. Wherever there is an input, there must also be an output. That output doesn't necessarily need to be in the form of destruction. Like a symbiotic parasite, a primal can possibly be used to regulate the flow of aether. Another angle is that necessity angle. King Thordan demonstrated very blatantly that primals can easily and permanently destroy Ascians by absorbing their aether. This could lend itself to the Warrior of Darkness angle as well. I can't imagine the Eorzean Alliance would like us taking on the power of a primal.

Disclaimer: Much of the above is simply headcanon derived from facts. A lot of it actually has no insinuation whatsoever that it would or could happen. The facts just say "well, it's not impossible."
    (1)
    Greetings and salutations, adventurers.