Player
    Character
    Kalise Relanah
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by NocturniaUzuki View Post
    I think Fluid Aura could use having it's damage returned, or have some sort of secondary effect that ties into the Lily rework. I don't want to them to actually change the skill entirely, per say. After all, even though crowd control only works in older content, it's still valuable in that content and shouldn't be completely removed. But definitely, I could see it getting the Tribind treatment or some such, where if you have 3 Lilies, it turns into some sort of AoE or single-track power DoT.
    Well... I think that changing the skill in its entirety would make sense. Given that WHM already has Repose which is for the most part, just a better CC tool.

Also... The fact that it's called Fluid Aura yet, it doesn't actually do anything an "Aura" would

I could see it becoming something that might function well in the new 5.0 combat system, wherein it provides MP cost reduction for the party (I.e. Makes using skills more "Fluid" in an "Aura" around the WHM) sort of as a ghetto Refresh that has extra synergy with certain MP hungry classes burst phases (Such as BLM in Astral Fire, PLD's Requiescat spam phase, DRK's abusing DA during a burst phase etc). As well as aiding other classes if they make MP management an actual thing with the new system.

For bonus points you can even add in (Possibly through a later trait) some SkS/SpS boost onto it too. Providing further synergy with the effect (Being more fluid, thus attacking faster. Also, faster attacks plus MP cost reduction means that you do more efficient DPS as you can sustain more attacks per second better) and also indirectly happening to give WHM some team DPS boost utility to help them compete with SCH/AST.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Nocturnia Uzuki
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    I wouldn't be heartbroken if they changed it, but if they do outright change it, I'd like for it to have some sort of utility that isn't DPS-oriented.

Obviously, everything boils down to DPS at some point, but CC tools then to contribute in a less obvious way, like by minimizing necessary healing so the healer can DPS more. These kinds of tools are much more dynamic than straight DPS buffs which is why I got so annoyed when they changed Spear from something niche but dynamic to just another cookiecutter DPS buff. Fluid Aura isn't on that level in terms of utility as is, but what it does have is still better than a flat DPS buff. If it does have some tie in with resource management though that would be nice.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raul Prower
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 71
    I think one of the better things SE could do was to give us more spells and abilities that heal and deal damage at the same time or by doing things such as combining Shadow Flare and Sacred Soil for example.

We would also start seeing some damage from all them pure healers that way.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3