Player
    Character
    Kyrios Darkin
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70

MCH - Wishlist

• Remove Wildfire is a spell that depends a lot on the situation, because it needs to align several other abilities. It does not have much versatility, so, is boring mechanic.
    • Ammunition system seems to be a waste of time. I have no idea for improvement here, but is sure that can improve.
    • It's not fun re-summon the turret every time. Would be interesting the turret follow us.
    • if not make the option to hide the aetherotransformer, why then do not customize in the same way as the red mage crystals? they are very ugly with some glamour
    • If they are willing to be bold, why not dual gun?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kalise Relanah
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Why MCH wishlist:

* Remove Gauss Barrel. Not only is it a butt to use, but it also looks like butt on 99.99999% of guns. Simply tie the Heat mechanic to the job gauge as a make Gauss Barrel like a trait or something that activates it. Also, while you're at it... Make the Heat mechanic less butt.

* Make Slug Shot and Clean Shot 100% chance to proc without ammo.

* Add some cool interesting effects to ammo usage on skills you don't spam (For example, put something interesting on Ricochet, Gauss Round and Heartbreak that isn't just +30 potency. Change the effect of ammo on Hot Shot to something more interesting like a 30s DoT) so you have more dynamic use of ammo where you use it on your 123 combo when you don't have CD skills to use ammo on for cool effects.

* Make SkS reduce the CD of Rapid Fire

* Add a new turret that does ranged AoE damage by launching grenades

* Add a small personal turret that flies around you and replicates your actions at significantly reduced potency

* Aetherotransformer glamour!!!

* Maybe a trait that generates 1 ammo every 30 seconds, independently of Reload skills. Maybe with some interaction with the timer allowing your to reduce it by using skills (I.e. So you passively generate ammo instead of only having Reload/Quick-Reload to generate it)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Alex Greaver
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Simple things for me: Remove the overheat mechanic.
    Make the job more intuitive. I could be using and aligning all the cool downs I can but messing up is way too easy and Wildfire only adds more stress for not that much gain and even then I have no clue if all that action is getting me average DPS or not.
    Make the turrets be able to follow you. Take a hint from Nier Automata since it’s coming to play later. While we are at it, give the turrets more moves. Make it like Enkindle but obviously not that powerful and not on such a long cool down.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Avnus Vabruyt
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I do want new turrets and a ranged aoe turret sounds great but probably won't happen since if it did it would either be better then bishop and bishop never get's used again or worse then bishop and it would never get's used. Better option make bishop aoe.

I want a Knight Autoturret that is independent of the other turrets and absorbs a % of the damage dealt within a designated area and once it's time runs out it detonates dealing aoe damage.

I to would like to see turrets just follow us as well. Would make it easier with bishop especially so we wouldn't have to keep moving as the tank moves around. Though I'd prefer it it ended up as a trait. My thinking is that we use allagan tech to upgrade the turrets to nodes. The names would likely change as well to reflect this so Rook/Bishop Autonode.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Endris Caemwynn
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Erudito View Post
    Simple things for me: Remove the overheat mechanic.
    Make the job more intuitive. I could be using and aligning all the cool downs I can but messing up is way too easy and Wildfire only adds more stress for not that much gain and even then I have no clue if all that action is getting me average DPS or not.
    Make the turrets be able to follow you. Take a hint from Nier Automata since it’s coming to play later. While we are at it, give the turrets more moves. Make it like Enkindle but obviously not that powerful and not on such a long cool down.
    If they were to just turn turrets into pods, I might honestly switch to MCH. They wouldn't even need to really change the abilities, just the behavior - Program:Rook, Program:Bishop(probably just replace the actual Bishop with a dummy unit), Program:Hypercharge, you get the idea.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dyvid Pandemonium
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    I'm in the minority here but I prefer the way MCH played in 3.0 vs 4.0.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tetra Frost
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    I really don't want to turn turrets into pets with a lot of new functions, and I don't mind if they stay stationary. The only times I ever find I need to place it back down are when we arrive at a new part of the map or after using Overdrive, so in the latter case I would like it if Overdrive just shut the turret off for 30 seconds and then resumed its normal function instead of destroying it entirely. I wouldn't mind if Bishop got a larger AoE too, since the AoE damage buff from Hypercharge is a lot harder to position than, say, any of Bard's party buffs.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Avnus Vabruyt
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I would also like it if the turret wasn't destroyed and just disabled since one of my own issues is remembering to place my turret once it's off cooldown.

One other thing I'd like is to see is turrets get their own sort of enkindle command. I know they have overdrive but that disables them from combat this could just be a burst on a shorter cooldown. I know some players like that they have little play or worry when it comes to turrets but they just sit there as a dot with an hp bar. I want a little more interaction with them.
    (1)
    Last edited by AvenoMatt; 02-21-2019 at 07:01 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kalise Relanah
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by AvenoMatt View Post
    I do want new turrets and a ranged aoe turret sounds great but probably won't happen since if it did it would either be better then bishop and bishop never get's used again or worse then bishop and it would never get's used. Better option make bishop aoe.
    Easiest solution would be to have it as an upgrade up Bishop.

Call it Bishop Autoturret II.

Could also then upgrade Rook to something cooler too. Like, maybe flying Tesla Coil a la Command and Conquer. Gets some braaap with your pew pew (Speaking of pew pew... Why don't we have a skill to double tap? Bard's have Barrage for triple tap... Why can't MCH be able to double tap xD )

There's also the possibility of having new turrets that are, in of themselves, CD's. Similar to SMN with Demi-Bahamut. For example, get a flying missile launcher turret thing that fires off a bunch of salvos of missiles then falls to pieces. Or like a Gatling turret that "Spins up" firing progressively faster until it peaks out and destroys itself. Could be a way to bridge the 30s gap after an Overdrive for example.

Quote Originally Posted by briarth0rn View Post
    I really don't want to turn turrets into pets with a lot of new functions, and I don't mind if they stay stationary. The only times I ever find I need to place it back down are when we arrive at a new part of the map or after using Overdrive, so in the latter case I would like it if Overdrive just shut the turret off for 30 seconds and then resumed its normal function instead of destroying it entirely.
    To be honest, I don't really care too much about turrets getting more abilities. I mean, we already have SMN for that kind of playstyle.

But moving turrets would be nice, merely for QoL stuff. Such as removing the Turret Retrieval action (As well as the chat spam/summon spam as you keep moving through a dungeon resummoning a turret at each pack of trash that the tank stops at...) as well as removing the need for that annoying ground target aspect of the summon.

Also, a minor QoL thing would be not getting annoyed when you plop down your Bishop, only for the tank to then move the pack of mobs and leave you with a useless turret that's out of range to do anything for 10s while you wait for the resummon to come off CD...

So long as the AI was kept simple, so you didn't need like a pet action bar or anything like that. You just had a floating turret buddy following you and attacking your targets (Only concern would really be Bishop positioning given its PBAoE attack... Though, nothing a radius increase couldn't fix...)
    (2)
    Last edited by Kalise; 02-21-2019 at 07:02 AM.

Player
    Character
    Avnus Vabruyt
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalise View Post
    There's also the possibility of having new turrets that are, in of themselves, CD's. Similar to SMN with Demi-Bahamut. For example, get a flying missile launcher turret thing that fires off a bunch of salvos of missiles then falls to pieces. Or like a Gatling turret that "Spins up" firing progressively faster until it peaks out and destroys itself. Could be a way to bridge the 30s gap after an Overdrive for example.
    I just imagined the visuals and spectical of all this and I'm in. Honestly one of the main reasons I like mch is because of the heated actions visuals.
    (1)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast