Character
    Yukimura Oda
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90

EU player considering Mateus transfer

G'day all

I am an EU player on Phoenix who is currently considering making the jump over to Mateus.

This isn't a decision I want to take lightly, so I have a few questions I'd like to ask in order to help me decide:

- I have always struggled dealing with non-English speaking players in the DF/PF. Is the language spoken on the NA side predominantly English?

- I have an interest in RP but have had mixed experiences with RP on the EU side, how accessible is RP on Mateus?

- Based off of an educated guess/anecdotal evidence, how much do you think timezone differences will be an issue?

Any help/advice people can give would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aelin Alvered
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    I believe I can give you a few answers here buddy:

Mateus is basically where all the Balmung refugees went, so you will most likely find RP there easily, not as easily as on Balmung however (but RP on Balmung is an acquired taste, to be honest, I'm looking at you, adventurers guild lmao).
    The timezones are rarely an issue on either Balmung or Mateus, I say that as an EU player myself.
    I have played on NA servers for years and hardly run into anyone who doesn't speak English.

With the cross world system in SB you should be able to hang out on Balmung as well, so you would have a bottomless well of RP chances open to you, to be honest, and when the expansion launches the cross world system should save you from possible congestion (we pray for that, at least).

I am gonna flee to Zalera myself, for housing purposes.
    (1)
    Last edited by Emmanellain; 02-19-2019 at 07:46 PM. Reason: added picture

Player
    Character
    Yukimura Oda
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Appreciate the response, very helpful to know.

I'm going to wait a while longer and do some more homework, but as of right now I'm definitely leaning towards transferring.

Thanks again
    (0)