Player
    Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicia View Post
    End line is: Limited content is "limited" and I do not know what you'd want such a limit "imposed" on you. If you want a limitation you can always limit yourself to something without asking the devs to impose it on others.
    Something the producer mentioned in an article recently;

"The release of Blue Mage did not fall far from my expectations — the job was not meant to be subject to the standard rules of FF14 gameplay that players are used to, but rather it was meant to give players freedom in the way they approach the job. That is why it is a “limited job” only in the sense of content matching; there is no limit to the type of play style, and that was the initial concept behind it."

Source: https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp...hida-interview
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rintha Elenah
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurando View Post
    The couple of pages example was specifically to do with the updated TOS threads going on (that JP seem content with it), wasn't talking about the BLU threads. I was merely using it as an example that forums can not always be used as a general source of gauging opinion. And no in comparison to the English section, JP has no where near the number of threads unhappy with BLU. Granted there are probably more English speakers hence more activity on these sections, but languages generally don't stop a group from being vocal about something.

I'm more interested in seeing how things pan out with the job come the next expac. A lot of attention will be turned to new things, perhaps players won't care so much what improvements come to BLU or it might get something we never expected.
    Keep in mind that the JP playerbase use the forums differently, in comparison to the English playerbase. While you will generally see a larger number of threads popping up on the English forums, the JP players are more likely to consolidate their feedback to much fewer threads (if not limiting it to just one thread).
    They're also more inclined to use the Like button to indicate that they agree with someone's post, without having to post that fact in the thread. So a thread might have less pages than a similar one on the English forums, while having more players actually being part of the thread (through the amount of likes).
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Cidel Paratonnerre
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurando View Post
    Something the producer mentioned in an article recently;

"The release of Blue Mage did not fall far from my expectations — the job was not meant to be subject to the standard rules of FF14 gameplay that players are used to, but rather it was meant to give players freedom in the way they approach the job. That is why it is a “limited job” only in the sense of content matching; there is no limit to the type of play style, and that was the initial concept behind it."

Source: https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp...hida-interview
    *snort* "the job was not meant to be subject to the standard rules of FF14 gameplay that players are used to?" Yeah I'll say. Nothing like learning my best oGCD spells locked behind absurd RNG by standing around and watching several level 70s trivialize ARR EX primals over and over. And using just one spell to one-shot or two-shot inconsequential monsters and make every other damage spell up until then nearly pointless. And then proceed to watch tougher enemies in most battle content I'm allowed in resist the gimmicky, "overpowered" stuff anyway.

I don't even know where to start with it's "no limit to the type of play style;" I mean, I suppose I could play SMN and not use a single Aetherflow stack, or just spam Ruin 2, or just let the egi do most of the work in sic. I mean, the monster will die eventually, so the play style doesn't really matter.
    (23)

Player
    Character
    Tal Young
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I'd rather it be a real job, but it's not even good as a limited job.

If it's going to be limited they should go proper crazy with it. Blue Mage could have elemental weaknesses and strengths matter all the time, on everything, so you collect spells and tailor loadouts for the content you're wanting to do, so running level appropriate dungeons solo is like a puzzle where you figure out the right selection of abilities so that you can clear on your own.

I mean, that's just an idea, but it needs something, anything really, to properly set it apart.
    It has the spell collection mechanic, which is cool at first but mostly just tedious at later levels, and once that's done you're essentially just playing a standard DPS caster job that can't queue.

Actually playing the job itself doesn't provide a unique enough experience to justify the limitations.
    (9)
    Last edited by Jandor; 02-20-2019 at 07:42 PM.

Player
    Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidel View Post
    snip
    It was also interesting that the producer stated "it did not fall far from my expectations", how would they describe "far" in this situation. Is it so little that BLU only needs regular adjustments (which is expected to happen anyway) or is it far enough that a potential rework needs to be considered so it is viable in the long term. Although as a whole some of it does seem to conflict with their "initial concept behind it" mentality, so I take that as changes are bound to happen but not to the extent players might be hoping you know.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pesto Lady
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by guardin View Post
    no thanks its a blast to play and have something to keep me busy til 5.0. dont just want another same ol same ol dps that the only difference in combat is the skill effects
    But a majority of Blue Mage's nukes are identical 130 potency aoes with no difference between each other but the skill effect. There's more meaningful difference between Veraero and Verthunder than between Flamethrower and Plaincracker. Blue Mage for the most part plays like a less interesting level 50 BLM. I don't think you've played many DPS classes.
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Archmage Myst
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    I love every decision the devs made and Yoshida made with the game but when it comes down to Blu I'm highly disappointed and offended how they implemented it. Out of all jobs they had to pick Blu for this limited bull crap. For all the people that think this job is good and peachy, y'all can kiss my behind. This job is a let down and shows how closed minded they are. Also people probably will say wait till 5.0.... nothing will change,... Considering how Yoshida responded in blue mage in that article seems like he is happy Blu was implemented that way.
    The whole thing about blu players night get kicked if they don't have etc spells is really dumb. I feel like sometimes he baby the players too much. Line this have is becoming too casual and kid like. We're man enough to earn our place in df with the spells we have to learn if not then Blu isn't for them period. Or better yet make df strict with the use of certain spells in order to play with others. Just like that all problems resolved.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Archmage Myst
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    I'll die of laughter if the next healer becomes limited. Dancer limited lmao
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Dal S'ta
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mito123 View Post
    Or better yet make df strict with the use of certain spells in order to play with others. Just like that all problems resolved.
    Every time someone says "make df <do X>" I cringe.

For something so essential to the heart of the game, the idea that 'changing the code' is something simple is just -- wrong.

Currently, the only things the DF looks at are (1) your class/job (2) your current level at that class/job (3) your gear level and (4) have you unlocked the Duty. 4 items to check.

Now, you would ask them to check "do you have spell X, Y and Z" as well as "do you have spell X, Y and Z on your crossbar", followed by locking your crossbar so it cannot be changed until the end of the duty, followed by ...

Let us just say "all problems resolved" is optimism worthy of Doctor Pangloss from the novel Candide.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kalise Relanah
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by DPZ2 View Post
    Every time someone says "make df <do X>" I cringe.

For something so essential to the heart of the game, the idea that 'changing the code' is something simple is just -- wrong.

Currently, the only things the DF looks at are (1) your class/job (2) your current level at that class/job (3) your gear level and (4) have you unlocked the Duty. 4 items to check.

Now, you would ask them to check "do you have spell X, Y and Z" as well as "do you have spell X, Y and Z on your crossbar", followed by locking your crossbar so it cannot be changed until the end of the duty, followed by ...

Let us just say "all problems resolved" is optimism worthy of Doctor Pangloss from the novel Candide.
    Or... Alternatively...

Make a side quest for the Job that requires spells X, Y and Z to be learned (Much like they already have in place for some BLU quests). Then, add this quest as a pre-con for specific level range of DF (That way, it only needs to check for 1 additional thing if you're playing this class, though, to be fair, they could also implement it for other classes to make sure that for example, doing High-Level Roulettes requires you to have your max level quest complete and thus the ability it gives)

Rinse and repeat as required.

For example:

In order to do level 1-50 DF content you need to do Quest A at level 50 which requires Spells X, Y and Z (Off-Guard, Glower, Peculiar Light)
    To do level 51-60 DF content you need to do Quest B at level 60 which requires you to have completed Quest A and also have learned Spells A, B and C (Song of Torment, Bristle, Eruption)
    For level 61-70 DF content you need to do Quest C at level 70 which requires you to have completed Quest B and also have learned Spells L, M and N (Shock Strike, Glass Dance, White Wind)

Boom. Done.

"But what if people don't equip these skills to their hotbar when they queue up and so are useless wastes of space in the duty‽‽‽" I hear you cry.

To which I respond... "Exactly the same as when any other class queues up to DF and doesn't use their skills and are useless wastes of space in the duty"

Don't just segregate content because people can be idiots and not learn how to play. Let the people who do learn to play have their fun. Or better yet, TEACH those idiots how to play. Such as having the quests to unlock the DF content with the spell requirements also include a scenario where you start using the skills and get an explanation as to how they work and why they could be considered useful.
    (13)

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast