Player
    Character
    Caster Shell
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70

BLU Single Player?

I thought that the blue mage was touted as a single player experience? Am I remembering something wrong? Someone please explain to me how to farm 80% of the level 50 spells without a group when almost every boss/primal is immune to doom/tail screw/missile and you're still made out of paper with Mighty Guard up in full i130 gear? A single player class that you can't actually play without grouping up with a full raid party?

I don't get it. I must have missed something here.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Tal Young
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I thought that the blue mage was touted as a single player experience? Am I remembering something wrong?
    It was touted as such, you're not remembering anything wrong.

• Designed for solo play.
    • Not suited for parties.
    • Literally requires parties in order to get abilities for its job quests.
    (14)
    Last edited by Jandor; 02-15-2019 at 09:36 PM.

Player
    Character
    Rei Makato
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Its Solo as in: It sits in the bin by itself all sad because it can't do anything and people forgot about it after 3 days when the content ran out.

Joking aside the solo part of BLU is carnival, that you dont even need all the skills for, the rest of the skills are just for "Fun". (I'd have more fun if I could use those skills in regular content but i digress theres another thread for that.)
    (7)
    Savage Completion Rate ~5%+ of active players. Community: "Ugh stop catering to savage"
    Ultimate Completion Rate ~1% of active players. Community: "Ugh stop catering to the hardcore raiders"
    Frontline/ Rival Wings/ Hidden Gorge Mount Aquisition ~0.05-1% of active players. Community: "Ugh PVP is so dead in this game, they should stop investing in it"
    Blue Mage Morbol Mount Aquisition ~0.01% of active players. Community: "WoW bLuE mAgE iS sO fUn AnD aCtIvE i CaN't WaIt FoR mOrE lImItEd JoBs"

Player
    Character
    Sylvaria Molkot
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Really disappointed by this as well, BLU should have been much stronger than it is (i.e. able to solo dungeons / hard mode primals) ... as it is, BLU basically feels like a charity case for bored 70s; please Mr/Ms 70, can you farm <insert primal> for me?

... Someone really needs to have a talk with Yoshi P about things that are NOT FUN (1. Mindless / repetitive grinding!)
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Inglis Eucus
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Think they really lied. Don't think blue mage can solo any duty. There just to weak and don't have a raise ability. Who every from SE that said could solo duties they should fired for lying to everyone. Just hope this is last limited job they ever add. Still think it is weakest class of all.
    (6)
    Last edited by hynaku; 02-23-2019 at 01:01 PM.

Player
    Character
    Purgatori Sakkara
    World
    Sophia
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Even if they never intended to convey that BLU could solo their way through any content they weren't specifically locked out of, then I think that it was at least a reasonable assumption based on pre-release information that all BLU content---including spells---would be accessible through solo play. That the reverse is true seems like an inexplicable design flaw given the exclusion, not only from DF, but even solo content like squadrons. Given that BLU being a limited job was bound to aggravate those who wanted to main BLU through DF like any other job, it would have made much more sense to at least appease the more solo-oriented folks who enjoy crafting, squadrons, hunts, beast tribes, and other content where grouping is largely optional. BLU could even have made a lot of the open-world content relevant again---in fact, it almost did for approx 50% of the spell-learning process---but instead BLU seemingly only caters to an incredibly thin slice of the community who always have friends on hand to carry them through content. For the rest of us? It's now almost impossible to unlock the spells that are secured behind ex trials and the like... and yet Yoshi is happy with how it turned out? Seems like just a lot of wasted potential to me.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Nephie Elz
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandor View Post
    It was touted as such, you're not remembering anything wrong.

• Designed for solo play.
    • Not suited for parties.
    • Literally requires parties in order to get abilities for its job quests.
    BLu has always been like this. It's literally a collection of funny, worthless, broken, and a bit of everything. It's also completely worthless until you aquire the more powerful abilities (some we don't have yet, and some negated by the design of FF14 to accommodate the lowest player skill levels). and it lacks the specializations needed to perform specialized roles properly. Instead it learns a select set of overpowered spells that transform the job into a literal one-man-army. And, every bit of that is a feature and not a bug.

The current implementation is sadly lacking the game-breaking part, so it just lacks the other half of its appeal. TLDR, if players cannot turn Gilgamesh into a frog during "a battle on the big bridge": its literally has only half of its appeal, and shows Yoshi-P's reluctance to make a job that completely ingores party structure and turn serious content into a Montey Python sketch.
    (1)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ewwwwwww, it's all glowwy again!

Player
    Character
    Rei Makato
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MPNZ View Post
    BLu has always been like this. It's literally a collection of funny, worthless, broken, and a bit of everything. It's also completely worthless until you aquire the more powerful abilities (some we don't have yet, and some negated by the design of FF14 to accommodate the lowest player skill levels). and it lacks the specializations needed to perform specialized roles properly. Instead it learns a select set of overpowered spells that transform the job into a literal one-man-army. And, every bit of that is a feature and not a bug.

The current implementation is sadly lacking the game-breaking part, so it just lacks the other half of its appeal. TLDR, if players cannot turn Gilgamesh into a frog during "a battle on the big bridge": its literally has only half of its appeal, and shows Yoshi-P's reluctance to make a job that completely ingores party structure and turn serious content into a Montey Python sketch.
    Here's something I said in another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by ReiMakoto View Post
    BLU:

FFV: Caster Support God in end game, in prog of the game learns powerful spells early (Aero) and generally learns a good range of damaging magic (As well as some niche skills)
    FFVI: Learned some weird spells, and some other powerful skills,
    FFVII: Enemy skill was great, powerful magic which wasn't necessarily better than regular magic, but wasn't worse either, it also didn't alter your stats like other materia
    FFVIII: Not played it so can't judge its usefulness
    FFIX: Quina was great, most of the stuff was percentage based but still
    FFX: Kimari was Trash Moving on
    FFXI: Not played it but heard it was good and strong in that one

Could go on for other BLU's but you get my point, they of course did get some useless skills, but so do black and white mages.
    BLU has not "Always been like this", its been a different caster but not necessarily this wacky nut case job, or a one man army. I've since played 8 and blue magic is a limit break in that game, so it is quite powerful, much like other limit breaks are. Some of the other BLU's I didn't mention, such as their bravely default iterations function as a role in the party much like any other class too, they just learn skills differently. Blu certainly did have some situations where it could do some stupid things to hard enemies, but so could normal jobs as well. Blu always had a spot IN the party, whether it was supporting it like 5, or dishing out damage like in 7
    (3)
    Savage Completion Rate ~5%+ of active players. Community: "Ugh stop catering to savage"
    Ultimate Completion Rate ~1% of active players. Community: "Ugh stop catering to the hardcore raiders"
    Frontline/ Rival Wings/ Hidden Gorge Mount Aquisition ~0.05-1% of active players. Community: "Ugh PVP is so dead in this game, they should stop investing in it"
    Blue Mage Morbol Mount Aquisition ~0.01% of active players. Community: "WoW bLuE mAgE iS sO fUn AnD aCtIvE i CaN't WaIt FoR mOrE lImItEd JoBs"

Player
    Character
    Nephie Elz
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ReiMakoto View Post
    Here's something I said in another thread:

BLU has not "Always been like this", its been a different caster but not necessarily this wacky nut case job, or a one man army. I've since played 8 and blue magic is a limit break in that game, so it is quite powerful, much like other limit breaks are. Some of the other BLU's I didn't mention, such as their bravely default iterations function as a role in the party much like any other class too, they just learn skills differently. Blu certainly did have some situations where it could do some stupid things to hard enemies, but so could normal jobs as well. Blu always had a spot IN the party, whether it was supporting it like 5, or dishing out damage like in 7
    It's totes the majority my experience with it though. It's always like it was just either way too useful not to have or really broken (Quinna).
    (0)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ewwwwwww, it's all glowwy again!

Player
    Character
    Archmage Myst
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Yoshi p needs a reality check if he thinks this Blu job is good. I just don't get why everyone or 90% of the community don't like it and yet he is not caring one bit. Just errks me how badly he made blu in this game. Solo job..... Wtf. It's an mmo not single player. And saying how players will kick you if you don't have certain spells that's just nonsense. If you play blue mage and you know you need spells that's YOUR RESPONSIBILITY, or make it so you need the spells to use duty finder not hard. He should've experiment on a new job that isn't big like Blu. Totally ruined it
    (5)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast