Player
    Character
    Linka Knight
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloah View Post
    This is true. The visions she received made her believe she was Shiva reborn. And, while we don't know if reincarnation exist on Hydaelyn, Hraesvalgr makes sure to tell her that she is not "his" Shiva. That's why the Primal Shiva is an amalgamation of Saint Shiva, Halone, and Ysayle herself. Also, the thing about Saint Shiva is that her following is one that follows historical references similar to the real world, though in reverse most likely. Only in recent generations has she become known as the Pateon Saint of the Heretics. Prior to that she was considered a Saint as the woman who brought peace to man and the dragons.
    Reincarnation does exist in some form as we told this nearly every time the Lifestream is brought up. In regards to the original Shiva's soul, Hraesvalgr made it sound like he absorbed it into him, I'm guessing in much the same way Primal does. So that is how he knows Ysayle can't be the reincarnation of Shiva, because her soul never returned to the Lifestream to be reborn again.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Auriana Redsteele
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightsword View Post
    Reincarnation does exist in some form as we told this nearly every time the Lifestream is brought up.
    Not reincarnation as it is usually known. Souls return to the Lifestream when people die, but once there they slowly dissolve, and when returned to the world as aether there is nothing left you could recognise as a soul.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kalise Relanah
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by MistakeNot View Post
    Not reincarnation as it is usually known. Souls return to the Lifestream when people die, but once there they slowly dissolve, and when returned to the world as aether there is nothing left you could recognise as a soul.
    Well...

Unless you believe the Dotharl that is.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ameme Ame'klin
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    What if the Dotharl (and others on the Azim Steppe) are isolated from the Lifestream and that's why they reincarnate the way they do? /tinfoilhat

hmmmmm
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jenna Starsong
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I wouldn't be surprised if there really is something to all the Dotharl beliefs. At least for the Xaela. Steppe culture is ancient and has outlasted basically every other civilization we know of. There were already there when all the Allagans ripped the world apart and permanently changed the flow and balance of aether in the region. It's reasonable to think that there may be aftereffects.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sanna Rosewood
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    There is that one quest where that Dothral asks you to come along to the crooked coin I think so they can stop reincarnating.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kharagal Mierqid
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    The Xaela as we know them go back to the 4th Astral Era. Which is still older then any other "living" culture in the game so far.

We do however, know that the Allagans were in the Steppe during the Allagan Era. The Steppe seems to be where the Allagan scientists (probably Amon) had the power-source that launched both Azys Lla and Dalamud. However, that power source would have been cut off from the rest of the Allagan Empire when the 4th Umbral Calamity happened. It's not that far-fetched though, to think that all the Xaela magic is surviving bits of Allagan magic. Particularly the Xaela magic that is used to animate stone and other objects. It's almost like they figured out a way to keep the Allagan practice of constructs going enough without the needed tech.

The Dortharl's belief in reincarnation matches up pretty well with the Eorzean theories of Echo-users reincarnating every time an Umbral Era is about to occur. It's just on a way faster timetable.

All that said, reincarnation is rather unlikly. The Lifestream/Aetheria Sea is basically a big blender of all the aether in it. It takes the aether that falls into it and rips it up into just aether (as opposed to souls, memories, etc.), which is then reborn. Getting lost in the Lifestream (teleporting wrong, etc.) is really dangerous because of this. Most beings effectively die by coming in contact with the Lifestream proper. They need some sort of interference (the Echo, Hydalyn) to prevent them from being swept away by it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Toki Tsuchimi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianFire View Post
    All that said, reincarnation is rather unlikly. The Lifestream/Aetheria Sea is basically a big blender of all the aether in it. It takes the aether that falls into it and rips it up into just aether (as opposed to souls, memories, etc.), which is then reborn. Getting lost in the Lifestream (teleporting wrong, etc.) is really dangerous because of this. Most beings effectively die by coming in contact with the Lifestream proper. They need some sort of interference (the Echo, Hydalyn) to prevent them from being swept away by it.
    This is true. It's exactly what happened with Y'shtola, and partially with Thancred. I say partially mostly cause he got spat out, she didn't.
    (0)
    I like helping people with their Job ideas, it's fun to help them visuallize and create the job they'd like to play most. Plus I make my own too, I'll post them eventually.

Player
    Character
    Eyvind Kelda
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Is there a definitive list somewhere of known, living Echo users? Other than Ascians and Warriors of Darkness...? I also assume Midgardsormr has the Echo, but I am not sure it has been stated outright.

I was very confused when I started, since I had played a little of 1.0, when I came back to the 2.0 version I assumed the Scions were the Path of the Twelve under a new name, and it was all Echo-users except Tataru. I actually assumed the twins had the echo right up until Alisaie ran off from Susano.

Now I think the only ones in the Scions who had were the Warrior of Light (and other players), Minfilia, Arvenald, and Krile...? Or were there others?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kalise Relanah
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyvind View Post
    Is there a definitive list somewhere of known, living Echo users? Other than Ascians and Warriors of Darkness...? I also assume Midgardsormr has the Echo, but I am not sure it has been stated outright.

I was very confused when I started, since I had played a little of 1.0, when I came back to the 2.0 version I assumed the Scions were the Path of the Twelve under a new name, and it was all Echo-users except Tataru. I actually assumed the twins had the echo right up until Alisaie ran off from Susano.

Now I think the only ones in the Scions who had were the Warrior of Light (and other players), Minfilia, Arvenald, and Krile...? Or were there others?
    https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki..._with_the_Echo

* The Warrior of Light
    * The Warriors of Darkness
    * The Ascians
    * Minfilia Warde
    * Krile Mayer Baldesion
    * Unukalhai
    * Arenvald Lentinus
    * Unnamed Sahagin priest
    * Fordola rem Lupis (artificial)
    * Zenos yae Galvus (artificial)
    (3)