Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    can't get everything. be satisfied with what you have, otherwise you're gonna have a rough time. collect every other mount that you can instead. I'm sure there are some pvp'ers out there that can't get other mounts because they don't have the skill to do some PVE stuffs.
    (1)

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho2010 View Post
    can't get everything. be satisfied with what you have, otherwise you're gonna have a rough time. collect every other mount that you can instead. I'm sure there are some pvp'ers out there that can't get other mounts because they don't have the skill to do some PVE stuffs.
    That isn't something that works both ways. PvP enthusiasts can go back and get rewards from PvE after content is naturally nerfed over time. PvE enthusiasts cannot do the same for PvP as a lot of the rewards are only available for a very short period of time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ash Primordial
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodric View Post
    That isn't something that works both ways. PvP enthusiasts can go back and get rewards from PvE after content is naturally nerfed over time. PvE enthusiasts cannot do the same for PvP as a lot of the rewards are only available for a very short period of time.
    There are seasonal events, promotional items too, ultimate never gets nerfed. Players just don't like to see PvP content getting exclusive stuff because many don't really like the mode. Grinding for light in pagos is so much better after all.

Btw I don't think you guys got Karma reference to the OP post (who even reads that anymore), its just the other point of view. Don't take it literally lol
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zenmetsu Shogun
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodric View Post
    PvP enthusiasts can go back and get rewards from PvE after content is naturally nerfed over time.
    Yeah but those tournaments where the best of each data center show up and fight for top 100 is the farthest possible thing from "nerfed content" ... Let them have their prestige, you literally have everything else...

And actually, as PvPer mostly, it's kind of an insult to do pve content that was "nerfed".... I wouldn't touch that patronizing content with a 10 foot lance.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Hex Pathcrosser
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 72
    Sure, it's more of an achievement when you get it while it was difficult... but a lot of groups go back and do old stuff for fun, like getting all of the birds or even further back and getting the horses, especially if you started later in the game. Even in the FC I'm part of, we do retro raid nights where we'll go back and do Alexander Savage or something so that people get a new mount.

Let me spend my wolf collars on something other than weapons, already.
    (3)
    "We want bunny suits for guys!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Ishgard housing!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Viera!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Cloud's motorcycle!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Blue Mage!"-- OK! ✅
    "We want the ability to earn past Feast rewards!" - HAHA no that's sacred.

Player
    Character
    Acha Acha
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 76
    You know, I have to say the difference between this PvE vs PvP enthusiasts argument that everyone tends to forget is the top 100 rewards are rewards granted to players who participated in the Ranked Competition hosted by Square Enix. PvE content like raiding isn't considered a competition between all Square Enix players unlike The Feast Top 100. The only true competition that I can think of that is comparable to The Feast in PvE is through FFLogs and parsing to which, as we all know, Square Enix doesn't truly condone.

But lets take a moment and pretend that parsing is legal and is now considered a competition that Square Enix is hosting: if there are rewards granted to the top 100 raiders with the best parses, the situation would remain the same in which those hardcore raiders would be absolutely livid if those rewards were given out to people who didn't earn them.

Raid clears and the items that are granted are just simply considered in a completely different category; Square Enix does not recognize raiding as a form of competing against other players, and the rewards from the moment they are released are considered to be accessible to everyone in the game.

So, at least from how I see it, using the ability to run old raid content unsynced and get those rewards granted by clearing old content does not provide a useful counter argument as to why Top 100 pvp rewards should be given out to players who didn't make it to Top 100 during the season.

Edit 2: This does, however, still brings up my point that The Feast does not provide amazing content that everyone can get! Sure, the weapons are cool looking, but not nearly as cool as some of the weapons you can get in clearing raid content! Therefore, this argument further proves my point that the Wolf Collars SHOULD HAVE BETTER, AWESOME REWARDS that everyone can get! These rewards should also be updated regularly! That will give so many players a reason to play the Feast even if they aren't aiming for Top 100!
    (2)
    Last edited by AchaNoYumi; 03-28-2019 at 05:50 AM. Reason: First Edit: English :P, Second Edit: A thought that came to mind after posting.

Player
    Character
    Syrith Vermillion
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooga View Post
    I will bluntly say, no matter how much time I try, I can't stay on top 100.
    I probably would have to play only PVP to get into it with my 10/100 win ration. But unfortunately I have life.

I'm just not good enough to reach it.
    But I want the rewards, in the end after trying my best I feel depressed and disappointed as it seams I haven't got anything except dunno 5 wolf marks, that wont give me anything that I want.

Hmm What to do?
    Git Gud I guess..
    Hello fellow PVPER O/

I can understand your frustration, take it from a player who played since Season 1. Time and again I have failed, Season 2, Season 3, Season 4, and so on and so forth and I began to seek help to better improve my game (I doubted myself). Luckily I had someone teach me how to be a better player (Shotout to Esu) but even so I never got to top 100 until Season 9! Every Failure before that season was really tough for me, and I was even told I would never make it to top 100 by a few people in the pvp community, constantly bash for my dumb plays and I will admit that I am also at fault for losing control of myself and tilting in games I could have improved better. For me personally, Feast all came down to Motivation. I have seen many of my friends just up and quit once they reach Gold rank or Platinum, because they either let the toxicity get in their head or they themselves believed they could never improve.

When I reached top 100, it not only silence my critics but I did it under harsh circumstances. I was working for Mariott full time from 3 to 11PM and only had 2 hours to play on weekdays, I would sometimes get teammates they either didnt want to work with me or just threw the game. Again, extremely frustrating but never the less I continue to motivate myself because I wanted to own one of those rewards, I wanted to overcome those obstacles, and I did because I made it a goal to prove everyone wrong that said I couldn't do it! Now I'm a top 100 player for 3 seasons (Soon to be 4th), you just need to keep at it OP because like raid content you just need to pick yourself up and not back down from the adversities in front of you!

I also understand that everyone desires the rewards that is made available through each season of Feast. I do believe I know a solution to this that I already sent as a suggestion to SE that involves wolf collars. To me, what would be a perfect solution would be to make Mounts from past feast rewards be 150 Wolf collars and the Feast glamors can go around for 125 Wolf collars for a set. This would mean you would have to grind for the reward while also competing for the current rewards up thats up grabs, this is also so that the past season rewards don't lose its worth and value. Anyone can respect a player who got 150 wolf collars; it shows you were persistent and never gave up the good fight.

Believe in yourself, if you truly want something you'll get it
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Acha Acha
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 76
    See? Even top 100 pvpers have different opinions on the top 100 feast rewards. Haha. Good post Syrith, that was a very motivating read. ^_^
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2