Tiraelina Kyara
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbolvampireQueen6 View Post
    Expect this is the real issue with a rule like that

Person A says a opinion
    Person B due to the wording of Person A opinion think they are doing that my opinion is only one that matters thing
    Person C agrees and calls person A a troll over having a opinion that goes against othets
    Person B,C causes person D and E to gang report
    Person A gets banned over how they worded a innocent opinion because person b,c,d,e jumped 2 a conclusion like all people do online this days...
    GM sees what Person A said and throws out the report.
    GM also sees this is part of a long list of thrown out reports from the same individuals and flags them instead.

This isn't a "I don't like how you said that!" or having a conflicting opinion. This is your Person B and C doing everything they can to shut down Person A from having anything to say. "Shut up" and "You're an idiot" being some of them. Usually involving other rules being broken.
    (2)
    Last edited by Tiraelina; 02-14-2019 at 07:57 PM.

Player
    Character
    Saber Knightbreaker
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    The times have changed as it says...so social politics should be injected into an already successful mmo that was doing just fine.
    Get in line, stay in your lane.
    Behave how they want you to behave and smile doing it.
    Don’t express ideas, opinions, definitely do not even think them, that you know are controversial or debatable.
    Don’t even talk about history.
    Play how they want you to play.
    Be friends with people that are like minded but make sure it’s in line with the rules and thought police
    Condition yourselves to submit to any new changes.
    Do these things and you will go unnoticed and be safe because times have definitely changed.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Veltis Shan
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Negotiator View Post
    The times have changed as it says...so social politics should be injected into an already successful mmo that was doing just fine.
    Don’t express ideas, opinions, definitely do not even think them, that you know are controversial or debatable.
    Be friends with people that are like minded but make sure it’s in line with the rules and thought police
    Do these things and you will go unnoticed and be safe because times have definitely changed.
    When people can't behave themselves in then game, then of course the ones responsible for running it will put a tighter grip on their rules.
    And it's not like it's not happening here, given the listup SE made in a stream.

If everyone would be just excellent to each other, we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Kaedan Burkhardt
    World
    Atomos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrius View Post
    When people can't behave themselves in then game, then of course the ones responsible for running it will put a tighter grip on their rules.
    And it's not like it's not happening here, given the listup SE made in a stream.

If everyone would be just excellent to each other, we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.
    Be... EXCELLENT to each other.

...And party on dudes!

Love that movie. And good words to live by. ^_^
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Olivia Darkheart
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrius View Post

So we are taking the "Gillete" approach to this?

holding EVERYONE responsible, or treating EVERYONE like they are harassers even though its only a small fraction of the population actually doing it?

Doesn't seem fair to me Billy.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Kaedan Burkhardt
    World
    Atomos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia0x25 View Post

holding EVERYONE responsible, or treating EVERYONE like they are harassers even though its only a small fraction of the population actually doing it?

Nothing in their policy changes implies anything of that sort.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Olivia Darkheart
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaedan View Post
    Nothing in their policy changes implies anything of that sort.
    was more in reply to the "If everyone would be just excellent to each other, we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place."
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lady Lunafreya
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Anger View Post
    Isn't that no different than saying "Ignorance of the law is not a defense"? In essence, "I didn't know what I was doing" won't fly.
    You're right. But societal laws require this stipulation because societal laws, for the most part, are designed to protect human life and property, and breaking a societal law typically means you've actually damaged (or endangered the well-being of) another person or their property. So when the stakes are that high, it makes perfect sense for that stipulation to exist for societal laws. Also, societal laws are very clear and almost everything is very clearly defined and pretty much everyone knows exactly how to avoid breaking a societal law. So ignorance is no excuse.

These new rules, on the other hand, are not well defined at all and players honestly have no way of knowing whether or not they are breaking the rules because they designed to be completely subjective on a person-to-person basis. Even if you conduct yourself the exact same way every single time you are in a group, one group might view your conduct as fine, and another might view it as offensive. There is absolutely no way to know how each person you play with is going to interpret your actions. So it's actually completely reasonable and even expected that people are going to have no idea how to properly follow these rules, making the "ignorance is not an excuse" clause completely irrelevant. It's impossible to know how to follow the rule, so all you have is ignorance of the rule.

EDIT: To put this another way, the difference between societal laws and these new rules is that if I always use my turn signal when turning, I will never break that law. Ever. But if I always DPS as a healer, sometimes nobody will be offended, and sometimes they will, and I have absolutely no way of knowing who will and won't be upset by that. I have no control over whether I'm in violation of the rules or not because they aren't based on my actions. They are based on other people's INTERPRETATION of my actions.
    (4)
    Last edited by Thatusernameistaken; 02-14-2019 at 09:24 PM.
    This is my signature.

Player
    Character
    Veltis Shan
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia0x25 View Post

If you didn't had any problem with GM's or the support, you wouldn't have any problems with them now.
    And it doesn't matter 'if it's only a small fraction of the population' - Alone the fact that players get harassed is reason enough for SE to step up their game.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Yui Tachibana
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Negotiator View Post
    I mentioned this way, way back in this, but almost all of what you wrote is exactly the way we (Japanese people) behave on a regular basis [and thus these rules seem more directed at non-JPN player base]. I think there is a huge difference in cultures, obviously, since many non-Asian countries are really individualistic vs. a more community based mindset. But in effect, it seems like all SE is doing is trying to enforce common courtesy and make the game more friendly to the casual playerbase that makes up the majority of the subscribers. We shouldn't forget that only a small portion of players even read or post on here or reddit and like someone else mentioned, many probably don't even know of the change. I guess it's the difference between "the nail that sticks up gets hammered down' approach (JPN) vs "those that stick out from the crowd are special and get rewarded" maybe? But yes, just let us all be excellent to each other and it all works out in the end ^_^v
    (3)

Page 75 of 98 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast