Page 1 of 98 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Regarding the Revision of the Prohibited Activities and Account Penalty Policy

Hello, Global Community Producer Toshio Murouchi here.

As of some of you may already know, we recently announced a revision to our service policies on the Lodestone. We recommend that everyone read the changes, as they are extremely important.

■Regarding the Revision of the Prohibited Activities and Account Penalty Policy ( NA / EU )

Revised Policies in Question
    ●Prohibited Activities in FINAL FANTASY XIV ( NA / EU )
    ●Account Penalty Policy ( NA / EU )

I understand that some of you may feel like account penalties have become much harsher compared to the previous policies, due to changes like the suspension period being extended for certain penalties.

Under the previous policies, some issues were difficult to address due to them being on the cusp, such as actions that were “Negative, but not severe enough to take action.” Additionally, we felt that the 3-day suspension did not have the desired inhibiting effect for some of the more severe issues. Therefore, we decided that a change was necessary. We held numerous discussions internally and ultimately landed on these changes.

We are striving to create a comfortable environment for our players, so that, if they do experience a negative incident, we are able to assist them as much as possible (and, if necessary, get involved in the situation). Please understand that these changes were necessary in order for us to achieve that goal.

On a side note, we have been noticing an increase in issues involving social media, video sites, and live stream channels. Please take this opportunity to go over the FINAL FANTASY® XIV User Agreement and be more mindful of others.
    Overall, these policy changes are some of the largest adjustments we have made since the commencement of service, and we will continue to explore ways to provide a better environment for the community. Feel free to let us know if there are certain topics you would like us to improve upon.

Thank you for your continued support of FINAL FANTASY XIV!
    (49)
    Toshio "Foxclon" Murouchi - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Katie Kitty
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Seems to me that these "prohibited activities" allow GMs to punish players for virtually anything they might desire to at any time.
    (97)

Player
    Character
    Eiduinn Callir
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    I can get the spirit behind some of these, and others I outright agree with, but others are a touch odd... Like...

Expressions that unilaterally reject another person's opinion
    How are we supposed to interpret this one? Can I be having a conversation with someone about, say, how SCH is a shield healer and if someone comes along and says they actually think they're a HOT healer any attempt at correcting them will be a violation?

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing with these new rules and I'm frankly grateful the team seems to be taking some of these behaviors so seriously now. Especially after having witnesses certain individuals in the past abuse others due to loopholes in the previously written rules. However some of these need additional clarification.
    (53)

Player
    Character
    Luna Sol
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Kitty View Post
    Seems to me that these "prohibited activities" allow GMs to punish players for virtually anything they might desire to at any time.
    I agree with sentiment.

But on a related note...

"Nuisance behaviour" means speech or behaviour that hurts others or obstructs game play, but which is not classified as harassment. Even if it was not the intention, a penalty may be imposed if the end result was that another person was hurt or obstructed."
    With these rules, is SE going to finally start punishing players who intentionally pull S ranks early who did not help spawn nor find the S rank and who only came because the S ranks were publicly called? Early S rank puller most definitely fall under nuisance behavior.

I'd say it also falls under...

・Other obstruction of play
    This means all other behaviour that deliberately obstructs another person's game play by some means.

EDIT:
    Saw this far back on page 39, and I think this reflects most peoples concerns.
    Quote Originally Posted by therpgfanatic View Post
    It is not a "company" enforcing the rules.

The enforcement is done by entry level employees in the community management team who may not even have a college degree nor play the game, and whose job performance is based on how fast they can solve ticket with very little oversight. I've worked in the games industry before, these people don't even login to the game to deal with these tickets. It's just another branch of tech support.

If they get a ticket for something and it's against anything in the rules, they issue a ban. They don't spend hours investigating each case. They spend a few minutes, which is just looking at if the behavior is bannable in the rules.
    (8)
    Last edited by Thamorian; 02-13-2019 at 03:20 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lady Zelda
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    I'm personally glad they've updated and revised this. Especially with Shadow Bringers coming out. This is something people will run into with the new influx of players and with new content - there will always be frustrations. So if those frustrations get out of hand this is SE's way of letting you know to stop and re-evaluate your decisions. Especially the Hunting Community.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Aura Lainn
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 57
    These changes literally say that I can be reported for having an opinion and disagreeing with someone elses opinion. I'm suddenly incredibly worried about the future of this game.
    (114)

Player
    Character
    Luna Sol
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Alright, new rules mean shut up, and never say anything to anyone. If you even look at someone the wrong way, you are banned!
    (52)

Player
    Character
    Vyncent Nolan
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    ◆Offensive expression
    "Offensive expression" means an expression in general that inflicts emotional distress by being offensive to another person. Offensive expression may include:

・Aggressive expressions such as violent language/slander/insult/threat.
    ・Expressions that provoke or belittle another person, such as excessive criticism, negation/ridicule
    ・Expressions that significantly lack consideration for another person
    ・Expressions that unilaterally reject another person's opinion
    ・Expressions that any reasonable person would find offensive
    ・Expressions that compel a playing style
    ・Expressions that attempt to unilaterally exclude someone from the game or content/community, etc.
    (Except when in accordance with rules set by an administrator such as a Free Company Master)
    ・Expressions that contravene public order and morals
    ・Other expressions that are offensive to another person

Is that section new? Does it ("that compel a playing style") include comments about 0 dps healers in lvl 70 content (observable by them AFKing and casting a heal here and there) or PUGs causing a wipe by messing up mechanics they've seen countless times?

Edit #1:
    Quote Originally Posted by Thamorian View Post
    With these rules, is SE going to finally start punishing players who intentionally pull S ranks early who did not help spawn nor find the S rank and who only came because the S ranks were publicly called? Early S rank puller most definitely fall under nuisance behavior.
    No, for the simple reason that "early pulling" is a relative term. It could be said those that spawn a hunt before its max cd has passed are being a nuisance to players who were waiting for an agreed upon time.

Edit #2:
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxclon View Post
    Feel free to let us know if there are certain topics you would like us to improve upon.
    1. Player bots (not to be confused with the common bots with gibberish names that are routinely cleaned up) that have been reported to the STF numerous times but are still active for months or even years. Suggested solutions: A quicker reporting function similar to the one used for RMT chat bots and an update to rules regarding how GMs can act against bots

2. Players have been advertising RMT services in the Cross-World Party Finder but nothing is being done because they conduct communication outside of the game. Suggested solutions: Update the ToS to prohibit such listings or enable blacklisting that completely hides parties (currently, blacklisting only darkens the listing)
    (25)
    Last edited by Vnolan; 02-12-2019 at 04:26 PM.

Player
    Character
    Nagini Kagon
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Expressions that contravene public order and morals. What does that even mean lol

I'm just wondering id be fine with all this however out of all of this i only find 4 of your rules understandable ... maybe be more clear?

Also my rp emote to rez ppl can get me in trouble?
    (11)
    Last edited by MorbolvampireQueen6; 02-12-2019 at 03:38 PM.

Player
    Character
    Jojoida Momoida
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Not sure what to make of this.
    (4)
    A mass of pathology information.

Page 1 of 98 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast