Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyvid View Post
    Well no, it would be the next spell you cast, not what DoTs is currently on the mob.
    You mean, reapplying Bio would trigger this Demi-Siren and consolodate the DoT?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Not really unique suggestion but more other game reference news, in ESO the necromancer has a summon skill that is a burst attack: https://youtu.be/yf1TgZLDMbQ?t=74

Like Bahamut's Ahk Morn attack but more body , I think Yuna Dissida has a few attacks like that. But I know the suggestion isn't new, I've seen it before and I have made it before lol.

Just thought it's an opportunity to mention it again and they can look cool

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphor View Post
    You mean, reapplying Bio would trigger this Demi-Siren and consolodate the DoT?
    I think what they meant was that:
    A) Surecast causes the next spell to be cast without interruption. This example could therefore be replaced with fast cast, it's the next spell within a set duration get's this new effect (and then the buff is consumed).
    B) Black Mage's lightning proc causes all of the damage over 18 seconds to be added into it's initial damage (the dot itself also still applies)

So back to Dyvid's idea we with A + B have an ability that causes only the next DoT based ability to turn into a primal related spell visually, causing an additional burst of damage from the total of DoT damage (like black mage thunder), and you have to wait till you can do that again as the primal ability is now on cooldown (you can't activate all three at once, only one, but you can still cast the DoT spells like normal just like you can cast a spell without fast cast/surecast).

Seems like it could fit into the summoner kit, and potential to look cool - so I like that . Would want to make sure the skill is used in combination with the other abilities (its not "only use primal summoning with bio, never miasma") but I'm sure that could be worked out.
    (3)
    Last edited by Shougun; 04-23-2019 at 01:30 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mansion Viscera
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    A) Surecast causes the next spell to be cast without interruption. This example could therefore be replaced with fast cast, it's the next spell within a set duration get's this new effect (and then the buff is consumed).
    B) Black Mage's lightning proc causes all of the damage over 18 seconds to be added into it's initial damage (the dot itself also still applies)

So back to Dyvid's idea we with A + B have an ability that causes only the next DoT based ability to turn into a primal related spell visually, causing an additional burst of damage from the total of DoT damage (like black mage thunder), and you have to wait till you can do that again as the primal ability is now on cooldown (you can't activate all three at once, only one, but you can still cast the DoT spells like normal just like you can cast a spell without fast cast/surecast).

Seems like it could fit into the summoner kit, and potential to look cool - so I like that . Would want to make sure the skill is used in combination with the other abilities (its not "only use primal summoning with bio, never miasma") but I'm sure that could be worked out.
    I think he meant Sharpcast, which procs Thundercloud if you use Thunder, which fits his description of bursting with compiled damage of any DoT
    While I get the general idea, I think it makes it even weirder to have SMN use DoTs instead of Primal moves. Then ShadowFlare is not interesting enough because it does poor damage compared to Bio and Miasma.

We could maybe embrace the weirdness of the DoT mage saying we use Primal ether whatever to strengthen our actions, that's essentially how Tri-Desaster works but you'd need to make it a bit more primal-flavored.
    So in that sense, we could have a new ability that would be essentially channeling primal power into our next GCD spell, have a flashy animation and an added effect. Something along the lines of Potency increase on Ruin or Tri-bind, double duration on DoTs...
    But that's another button, and that's a problem somehow.

The problem with SMN now is that its rotation is so fixed on its current flow that you need to either completely rework it to fit new ideas or just paste another mechanic on the existing model (what Seraphor did with his Alexander for instance).
    Because currently, touching DoTs duration messes up with the flow of sub 30seconds phases in the rotation (I'm heavily relying on Tsundere Imouto's guide here). Powering up DoTs messes up with the Contagion window aligned with the three Festers... you get the idea.

Personally, I like SMN right now so I'm ok with 5.0 taking SMN more in button consolidation, polishing its small flaws and upgrading a few things. But a brand new rotation could work too (just like it could be horrible).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Endris Caemwynn
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansion View Post
    I think he meant Sharpcast, which procs Thundercloud if you use Thunder, which fits his description of bursting with compiled damage of any DoT
    While I get the general idea, I think it makes it even weirder to have SMN use DoTs instead of Primal moves. Then ShadowFlare is not interesting enough because it does poor damage compared to Bio and Miasma.

We could maybe embrace the weirdness of the DoT mage saying we use Primal ether whatever to strengthen our actions, that's essentially how Tri-Desaster works but you'd need to make it a bit more primal-flavored.
    So in that sense, we could have a new ability that would be essentially channeling primal power into our next GCD spell, have a flashy animation and an added effect. Something along the lines of Potency increase on Ruin or Tri-bind, double duration on DoTs...
    But that's another button, and that's a problem somehow.

The problem with SMN now is that its rotation is so fixed on its current flow that you need to either completely rework it to fit new ideas or just paste another mechanic on the existing model (what Seraphor did with his Alexander for instance).
    Because currently, touching DoTs duration messes up with the flow of sub 30seconds phases in the rotation (I'm heavily relying on Tsundere Imouto's guide here). Powering up DoTs messes up with the Contagion window aligned with the three Festers... you get the idea.

Personally, I like SMN right now so I'm ok with 5.0 taking SMN more in button consolidation, polishing its small flaws and upgrading a few things. But a brand new rotation could work too (just like it could be horrible).
    SMN's a job that's had growing pains in every expansion('member when they removed Sustain?), so I won't be surprised if that trend continues in ShB. That said, something like Demi-Pandaemonium(Miasma is centered on the target's lungs, first semi-related summon I thought of) that interacts with DoTs would be neat despite potentially requiring big rotational changes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Roxanne Steele
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Honestly, the only thing on my wishlist is for them to completely rework Summoner so that it feels like a Summoner. Make it summon Demi-Primals and have the bulk of their kit be about empowering the summons and building up to stronger and stronger summons.

Take Tri-Disaster, Bio III, Miasma III and Fester and give it all to Scholar, let them be the DoT mage. Make Summoners Summoners again!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Grimoire Mogri
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollout View Post
    Honestly, the only thing on my wishlist is for them to completely rework Summoner so that it feels like a Summoner. Make it summon Demi-Primals and have the bulk of their kit be about empowering the summons and building up to stronger and stronger summons.

Take Tri-Disaster, Bio III, Miasma III and Fester and give it all to Scholar, let them be the DoT mage. Make Summoners Summoners again!
    Summoner wouldn't be Summoner without Arcanist. If you want flashy explosive spells play BLM because that's literally what every iteration of SMN other than XI was, and XI SMN wasn't even good because it attempted to emulate what you're after and did so badly. If you want distinctive phases play BRD.

What makes Summoner actually properly realize its theme in this game is the fact it is an Arcanist. It has incremental spikes of power and a myriad of ways to sustain damage in conjunction with its pet. All it's missing is pet synergy that specifically makes you interact with the Egis. That's it.
    (2)
    Last edited by Grimoire-M; 04-26-2019 at 01:29 PM.

Player
    Character
    Dyvid Pandemonium
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollout View Post

Problem is everyone has their own idea on what summoner is suppose to be, not what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansion View Post
    I think he meant Sharpcast, which procs Thundercloud if you use Thunder, which fits his description of bursting with compiled damage of any DoT .
    Thanks, it was sharpcast. Anyway it just gives SMN a option for a burst dps in the middle of rotation or when you know it's about to jump phase. And it gives players who want a more summons another option. As for Fenrir, Diabolos, and Siren, these are traditional Summoner but not primals in this game. Mainly for fan service.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dyvid; 04-27-2019 at 09:24 AM.

Player
    Character
    Thabo Marandu
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    As long as they bring back something resembling the DPS style of HW SMN - even if that class isn't SMN - I'm good. It won't happen though. I didn't play this class this expansion, so I suspect at this point, people are generally happy with how it turned out and want more Bahamut shenanigans.

EDIT: I replied without seeing the last page. I'm in the (likely) minority of people who preferred when a huge portion of SMN's damage was dots. I want that back. But I realize most people don't. I would sacrifice Bahamut to have good Bane back.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Grimoire Mogri
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Brinzy View Post
    As long as they bring back something resembling the DPS style of HW SMN - even if that class isn't SMN - I'm good. It won't happen though. I didn't play this class this expansion, so I suspect at this point, people are generally happy with how it turned out and want more Bahamut shenanigans.

EDIT: I replied without seeing the last page. I'm in the (likely) minority of people who preferred when a huge portion of SMN's damage was dots. I want that back. But I realize most people don't. I would sacrifice Bahamut to have good Bane back.

Honestly if people want pets people are going to get Damage over Time whether they realize it or not. It just scales with spell speed slightly better if the pets proc directly off of SMN's casts. Splitting your damage between you and your pet already leans in that direction. And trust me, Arcanist is wholly entrenched in Summoner. SE can't rework the job from the ground up without screwing up everything they've built into their main lore and mechanics.

They can do an egi rework, They can't eliminate Garuda/Ifrit/Titan or the Carbuncles.
    They can rework Bahamut's mechanics, but Dreadwyrm Trance has to stay.
    DoTs are part of Arcanist's job quests, so Miasma/Bio and Tri-Disaster aren't going anywhere.
    Aetherflow is part of Arcanist's theme. Summoner utilizes it to its full offensive potential.

Bane could be good again but I don't think it has to be if they made Pet AoE good enough that you'd get a similar flurry of debuffs and damage text flying out.

I don't expect anything to change, but consolidating what we have by returning in essence to the HW rotation allows SE to accomplish what people want out of the job using the 70-80 job abilities, which is more egi related effects.
    (2)
    Petition Thread for "Playable Loporrits": https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/436512-Make-them-Playable-You-Cowards
    Are You Happy with the Endwalker Healer Reveal? - Poll: https://strawpoll.vote/polls/2e6mxhnx/vote - Thread: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/443437-Poll-Are-You-Happy-with-the-Healer-Kit-Reveal-for-Endwalker

Mechanics are Aesthetics. Graphics don't make interesting gameplay.

Player
    Character
    Dyvid Pandemonium
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimoire-M View Post
    Honestly if people want pets people are going to get Damage over Time whether they realize it or not. It just scales with spell speed slightly better if the pets proc directly off of SMN's casts. Splitting your damage between you and your pet already leans in that direction. And trust me, Arcanist is wholly entrenched in Summoner. SE can't rework the job from the ground up without screwing up everything they've built into their main lore and mechanics.

They can do an egi rework, They can't eliminate Garuda/Ifrit/Titan or the Carbuncles.
    They can rework Bahamut's mechanics, but Dreadwyrm Trance has to stay.
    DoTs are part of Arcanist's job quests, so Miasma/Bio and Tri-Disaster aren't going anywhere.
    Aetherflow is part of Arcanist's theme. Summoner utilizes it to its full offensive potential.

Bane could be good again but I don't think it has to be if they made Pet AoE good enough that you'd get a similar flurry of debuffs and damage text flying out.

I don't expect anything to change, but consolidating what we have by returning in essence to the HW rotation allows SE to accomplish what people want out of the job using the 70-80 job abilities, which is more egi related effects.
    I agree with alot of your points to include removal of Egi would be problematic as well as removal of DoTs, though it could happen to make SMN more inline with SE's concept of Caster DPS "Magical ranged DPS attack foes using a variety of arcane arts. Movement is restricted by casting times, but they excel at inflicting high burst damage." I do think they might/hope rework DWT to make it more in tune with Pet summoning concept. I've always hate DWT and said it should have been a temp pet from the very beginning; why couldn't they have just added a timed Bahamut Egi pet like WoW's Infernal and get the same result? I would rather have Bahamut than Bahamut's breath. DWT could easily be changed to upgrading the current Egi and replace Deathflare with Enkindle.
    (0)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast