Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Arathea Dracul
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I'm expecting more of the same from Gunbreaker when it comes to tanking.

I think Gunbreaker might be faster than other tanks.

Ammo used to perform defensive cool downs and boost damage of certain weaponskills.

In the trailer you see the Gunbreaker shoot into the air and a shield covers him. Near the end he performs one weapon skill followed by a jump into the air, pulls the trigger, and then slashes down with a blue lighted slash. This could be an oGCD or boosted weaponskill.

I kinda hope we don't have a "Reload" ability like that of MCH. Although as long has GNB, I like GNB better than GUN, doesn't have to deal with random procs a Reload command might not be so bad. Thinking about it you could end up where your definsive CDs still work like normal but if you have Ammo loaded that will boost them but not be required to work.

But here is what I think we will get. 1 Enmity combo. A oGCD DoT or a a DoT combo. A DPS combo that you are going to want ammo for. A few defensive CDs that may or may not require ammo but can be boosted by it. A few oGCD DPS moves like Spirits Within or Carve and Spit, or is it Carve and Split... I don't play DRK that often. These may or may not be boosted by ammo. One or two AoE attacks. Maybe one that generates enmity and one that is for DPS. Again maybe boosted by Ammo.

Now here is the real question. If we do have an ammo system that we have to constantly reload, will it be 3 shots like MCH or 6 since most of the gunblades we've seen have revolvers on them which I "think" normally has 6 shots?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nyr Ardyne
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by CaedemSanguis View Post
    Guess in order to do positional as Mt, boss have to cast
    And even then you'd have a limited window. Because you'd want to be back in position when the boss finishes and not have the boss swinging around and throwing off the melee dps positionals or cleaving someone etc.

I think it's just not a great idea in general. Leave positionals for the melee dps and focus on the job's unique mehcanics and job gauge IMO for complexity.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kurumii Tokisakii
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by CaedemSanguis View Post
    More Complex Rotation than other tanks

Positionnal

Some range GCD offGCD

Faster GCD than other tanks
    Oh yes more complex rotation aka. "i have no time to pull up my def cd cause ma rotation brah!"
    Positionals as a tank? Brilliant idea.
    (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadane View Post
    Good talk, all. Glad we had it.
    暗闇の力#7805

Player
    Character
    Eden Arche
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Burningskull View Post
    I'm expecting more of the same from Gunbreaker when it comes to tanking.

I think Gunbreaker might be faster than other tanks.

Ammo used to perform defensive cool downs and boost damage of certain weaponskills.

In the trailer you see the Gunbreaker shoot into the air and a shield covers him. Near the end he performs one weapon skill followed by a jump into the air, pulls the trigger, and then slashes down with a blue lighted slash. This could be an oGCD or boosted weaponskill.

I kinda hope we don't have a "Reload" ability like that of MCH. Although as long has GNB, I like GNB better than GUN, doesn't have to deal with random procs a Reload command might not be so bad. Thinking about it you could end up where your definsive CDs still work like normal but if you have Ammo loaded that will boost them but not be required to work.

But here is what I think we will get. 1 Enmity combo. A oGCD DoT or a a DoT combo. A DPS combo that you are going to want ammo for. A few defensive CDs that may or may not require ammo but can be boosted by it. A few oGCD DPS moves like Spirits Within or Carve and Spit, or is it Carve and Split... I don't play DRK that often. These may or may not be boosted by ammo. One or two AoE attacks. Maybe one that generates enmity and one that is for DPS. Again maybe boosted by Ammo.

Now here is the real question. If we do have an ammo system that we have to constantly reload, will it be 3 shots like MCH or 6 since most of the gunblades we've seen have revolvers on them which I "think" normally has 6 shots?
    The ammo system you described looks very close to DRK's DA, which is overall disliked, and will never happen on another job. SE is not blind enough to copy mechanics from one job to another. What we discussed with Kaedan seems closer to something that could be added in the end. Or like aetherflow, ammo will allow you to use abilities that are simply unavailable without it, not just boosting the one you already use without ammo.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eden Arche
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Oh yes more complex rotation aka. "i have no time to pull up my def cd cause ma rotation brah!"
    You do know that def cd are oGCD right ?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nyr Ardyne
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Popping a defensive CD doesn't interrupt my rotation as a pld I don't see why it would for gunbreaker. I agree with positionals though, they make no sense for a tank.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rhulk Roegan
    World
    Raiden
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    OP we've had a more dps focused tank since ARR.It's called Warrior and it will always be the staple dps tank.Gunbreaker wont be more dps than warrior because then warrior would lose its identity as a job.
    As for the weapon animations.They should be slow.There is a huge bullet chamber on the gunblade so that would naturally bring a lot more weight to the weapon not to mention the weight of the ammo loaded.Even if you look at final fantasy 8 you can see squall throwing a lot of strength into useing the gunblade on normal auto attacks.

If gunbreaker is going to be anything i reckon it's going to be a tank with debuffs.This would be a lot more logical being caleld a gunbreaker and yoshi stating he imagined it breaking through the front line.So im thinking more of it having debuffs that benefit team mate damage.
    Also Yoshi mentioned it feeling like you are pulling the trigger like in ff8.This would leave me to believe that your main agro combo is going to have you triggering a small explosive reaction in the gun as second or 3rd hit on combo.It might not though.It could well be proc based or come active once you get whatever gauge they implment into it to a certain amount.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arathea Dracul
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullhack View Post
    The ammo system you described looks very close to DRK's DA, which is overall disliked, and will never happen on another job. SE is not blind enough to copy mechanics from one job to another. What we discussed with Kaedan seems closer to something that could be added in the end. Or like aetherflow, ammo will allow you to use abilities that are simply unavailable without it, not just boosting the one you already use without ammo.
    Would depend on how long the CD would be for the "Trigger" system.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arathea Dracul
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalwrath View Post
    OP we've had a more dps focused tank since ARR.It's called Warrior and it will always be the staple dps tank.Gunbreaker wont be more dps than warrior because then warrior would lose its identity as a job.
    As for the weapon animations.They should be slow.There is a huge bullet chamber on the gunblade so that would naturally bring a lot more weight to the weapon not to mention the weight of the ammo loaded.Even if you look at final fantasy 8 you can see squall throwing a lot of strength into useing the gunblade on normal auto attacks.

If gunbreaker is going to be anything i reckon it's going to be a tank with debuffs.This would be a lot more logical being caleld a gunbreaker and yoshi stating he imagined it breaking through the front line.So im thinking more of it having debuffs that benefit team mate damage.
    Also Yoshi mentioned it feeling like you are pulling the trigger like in ff8.This would leave me to believe that your main agro combo is going to have you triggering a small explosive reaction in the gun as second or 3rd hit on combo.It might not though.It could well be proc based or come active once you get whatever gauge they implment into it to a certain amount.
    I think Gunbreaker could be to Warrior what MNK / NIN is to DRG / SAM. Warrior would be the slow but powerful hits while Gunbreaker is a faster, sustained damage tank.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rayo Seibold
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansion View Post
    As long as the Ammo is not another Dark Arts, then I'm fine with whatever they can come up with.
    fortunately for you, they have already confirmed its not like Dark Arts. Yoshi-P said something along the lines of there isn't any "pull trigger" action, when people asked if it would be like dark arts. I think he said under certain conditions, animations or effects will change to represent our character "pulling the trigger" of our Gunblade
    (1)
    Just putting my 2 cents in this coin operated opinion machine

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast