Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Neko Nekomiya
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    I am of the belief that if things do not sell fast, then people are setting their prices wrong. Earlier this week I saw about 4 or 5 of a certain item posted all around 1,000,000 gil (then a few much higher). Gil is easy to come by, so I undercut the one I got and I set it at 850,000. I woke up and saw someone undercutting even me at 849,999. Naturally, I set mine and had mine sold for 650,000. I later saw the 850ks sold and more were posted for that price (at the time, haven't logged in yet). If anything, that has helped push transactions. People got their cheap items and sellers got paid. Three have sold in a day when previously they were selling what seemed to be 1 every day to a couple days. (I haven't looked if more have at this time). (EDIT : 4 have sold at reduced prices in a day, 5th sold today and four more posted at reduced prices. Think the market approved of that undercut)

This idea that, everyone~ Just set yours to a price where only the very lowest by a few gil sells every couple days - is ridiculous. Unless they've sold, I'm selling quite a few things like that on the MB now. Worth a lot, but sells once ~weekly. It is not smart to just blend in with the crowd and undercut for a little in this case. Want to give a reverse example - if I am buying a slow selling ~700k glamour item and I see someone undercuts everyone else at 690k - I'll just buy the more expensive one. 10k is such a small amount that it truly doesn't matter if I pay for a bit more. If they undercut for a substantial amount like I practice, I'd proceed with the purchase.

Anyways, best of luck. I know some earlier posts were about 1000g to 1g, but I wanted to inject what I do. Competition is a good thing. Not knowing how to sell things to NPCs or look up prices is something you should help newer players with XD.
    (0)
    Last edited by RikunaMatata; 02-17-2019 at 11:41 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2