Player
    Character
    Estelle Joyeaux
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Burningskull View Post
    If Myste was supposed to be my inner doubt then why the heck did it look like an elf when i was a hyur at the time... Maybe that's why the DRK story line in SB didn't make a bit of sense to me.
    Myste is supposed to be a blend of Haurchefant and Ysayle appearance-wise; if I remember correctly, they reused a young Haurchefant character model that they'd created for use in a flashback sequence that was cut, and gave the model Ysayle's hairstyle and color, and an outfit evocative of her dress. It's reflective of the fact that they're the biggest characters that the WoL feels guilty/has inner doubt over, since they were the biggest losses in Heavensward.

To bring things back to Gunbreaker:

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnycbad View Post
    I don't know if they will get a skill named "Renzokuken". It might just be called Chain Slash, because that's what Renzokuken means in Japanese. If you play FFVII you know that almost all limit breaks are named in English, except Renzokuken, which sort of makes it seem like a localization mistake they made back in 1998 but decided to keep because it was the 90's and Japanese sounding attacks sound cool. I say this because Zack has a Limit Break in FF7:CC called "Chain Slash", which in Japanese is Renzokuzan, yet the localization team decided to translate it in English fully. It remains to be seen however if Koji will have it translated (if GNB even gets a similar skill), because Japanese-themed jobs got to keep their Japanese-named skills (Chimatsuri=Bloodfest, Meikyo Shusui=Clear Tranquil), so I doubt GNB's Chain Slash would retain Renzokuken, if not only as a reference to poorly localized FF8en.
    I'm not sure about Crisis Core, but Squall's subsequent appearances in other games, like Dissidia, still retain Renzokuken as the name of his limit break, as it's still pretty iconic to his character. Whether or not they'll retain that title here remains to be seen, but since Gunbreaker is pretty obviously designed to reference FFVIII's gunblade style, it would probably surprise me more if they didn't have some skill named Renzokuken in there somewhere.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Arathea Dracul
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraph522 View Post
    Myste is supposed to be a blend of Haurchefant and Ysayle appearance-wise; if I remember correctly, they reused a young Haurchefant character model that they'd created for use in a flashback sequence that was cut, and gave the model Ysayle's hairstyle and color, and an outfit evocative of her dress. It's reflective of the fact that they're the biggest characters that the WoL feels guilty/has inner doubt over, since they were the biggest losses in Heavensward.
    Thanks. I do see more Ysayle than Haurchefant. I wish that had been explained at the end tho... I'm a little hard headed when it comes to story hints. ><

As for Gunbreaker having Renzokuken, would we really want them to have it? In FF8 and Dissidia it's like a 10 hit combo with each hit dealing damage. In FF14 it' would probably look like Carve and Spit or Rage of Halone. Which one damage hit instead of 3 or 5.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Damien Belmont
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Renzokuken might be a CD where your abilities gain their ammunition effect without expending any resource.

I imagine it to be a mix of Inner Release and Blood Weapon.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nyr Ardyne
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DBelmont View Post
    Renzokuken might be a CD where your abilities gain their ammunition effect without expending any resource.

I imagine it to be a mix of Inner Release and Blood Weapon.
    Or maybe a cooldown that would reduce the gcd on weapon skill combos allowing for a brief window of rapid attacks. (Not removing the gcd obviously but let's say, cutting it down to 1.5 secones for 15 seconds or something.) Allowing a series of buffed chain attacks without a long animation lock or something.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arathea Dracul
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I hope we get a teleport slash as a gap closer. Not have a gap closer on PLD is soooo annoying.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lulue Hayes
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Even if it's just a 3 second sprint or something to keep the heavily armored class fantasy for pld would be nice. Slowly jogging into battle feels incredibly lame.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Knight Shade
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Burningskull View Post
    I hope we get a teleport slash as a gap closer. Not have a gap closer on PLD is soooo annoying.
    PLD will be getting at the very minimum a minor rework, we can always hope they add in a gap closer of some sort. Personally I think something along the lines of "Clash" from the old MoP monk tanks from WoW would fit with the PLD aesthetic. Well, I can only hope, I doubt they would go that route.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vespereaux Vaillantes
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Personally I would like to see Gunbreaker get an alternative to your standard gap closers like DRK and WAR have.
    They could go the PLD route and have an ability that nullifies and prevents knock-back and movement impairing effects, plus maybe something a little extra to promote greater mobility. For example, they could have an ability that acts as another sprint, sort of how PLD has it's own unique stun ability in addition to the role one. They could have a trait that lowers the recast of sprint or resets it. They could even lump the knock-back prevention ability and extra sprint ability into one and call it something like Indomitable Advance, or some-such.
    There are many ways to provide solutions to problems the players need to overcome, like knock-backs and mobility, but using the same solution for everything gets awfully boring.

As for PLD, I think they too should not get a gap closer like DRK or WAR. Let DRK and WAR have their mobility/knock-back-solving attack moves.
    PLD already has Tempered Will as their knock-back prevention, so they already have a built in solution that exists. The problem is that Tempered Will has a ridiculously long recast which really should get greatly reduced by half (90s) or to a third (60s). It's usage is so specific and niche that having it available more often is not going to provide any real exploits or throw off any balance.
    In regards to a mobility move that let's PLD move from one spot to another quickly, I think it would be more interesting and in-character to have a move that moves the PLD to the position of a targeted ally, sort of like a reverse Rescue. Thematically it is like the PLD is rushing to the side of their ally to assist them, which fits with the shield-bearing defender characterization better than an attack based mobility skill.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kalise Relanah
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchandFeel View Post
    In regards to a mobility move that let's PLD move from one spot to another quickly, I think it would be more interesting and in-character to have a move that moves the PLD to the position of a targeted ally, sort of like a reverse Rescue. Thematically it is like the PLD is rushing to the side of their ally to assist them, which fits with the shield-bearing defender characterization better than an attack based mobility skill.
    So... Essentially BLM's Aetherial Manipulation skill?

Personally, I could see PLD getting an actual mobility skill instead of Tempered Will.

Not only because Tempered Will is such a niche skill with a pretty ridiculous CD (Because it technically also prevents draw in effects and removes Bind/Heavy...) but also having a mobility skill with a bunch of bonus enmity on it would help to alleviate PLD's lack of snap enmity.

Also, I'd be really surprised if Gunbreaker didn't get a dash ability of some description. Given that 1) In the ShB Trailer, Thancred dashes past the thing he's fighting slicing at its wing and triggering the gun. 2) The whole thing with Squall's Rough Divide and the opening cutscene for FFVIII where he runs at Seifer with gunblade sparking off the ground (Giving Seifer his mirrored scar to the one Squall received in the same fight)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tal Young
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I don't mind Paladins lack of gap closer, stoic immovable shield suits them more than dashy jumpy boi IMHO. I wouldn't be bothered if they did get one though.

I do think Gunbreaker should get one, based on what we've seen so far it definitely looks like it should have a flashy mobility skill of some kind at least.
    (0)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast