Player
    Character
    Chloe Lehideux
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 74

Gunbreaker weapon size is pathetic

It felt quite odd to look at this trailer, since gunbreaker was looking like a paladin without shield couldnt tell why then i decided to compare their weapon with other games, and this how it looks like.

First compare the gunblade of Squall from Disidia FF NT to the trailer, the trailer gunblade feels like a baby toy in comparison.

And the second to the actual FF8

And the another comparison to different character in FF8 cutscene using the same type of weapon.

Weapon in FFXIV looks too small completely not like it should, no wonder why it looked weird at the first time i was looking at it.
    This weapon supposed to look like a longsword with a gun attached to it, not like a shortsword... It should be way longer.
    (6)
    Last edited by Nedkel; 02-05-2019 at 12:36 AM.

Player

Seriously? Are people that bored that they nitpick every little thing? I get the forums are a hotbed of complaints, but this is approaching pettiness levels now.
    (143)

Player
    Character
    Tera Svenay
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 82
    Do pay some heed to the fact it's being used by a miqo'te male. Secondly, every class has larger and smaller weapons. In some cases, the AF weapons tend to be scaled down and more practical. Personally, I'm a fan of that.
    (24)

Player
    Character
    Awful Name
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    (90)

Player
    Character
    Chloe Lehideux
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Videra View Post
    Do pay some heed to the fact it's being used by a miqo'te male. Secondly, every class has larger and smaller weapons. In some cases, the AF weapons tend to be scaled down and more practical. Personally, I'm a fan of that.
    Its short relatively to the size of the character, proportions are odd, it looks just weird and does not resemble weapon from other FF games.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rabbit Ackerman
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 80
    I noticed the size immediately and did think it was odd, but I'm also not assuming this is the size of every gunblade.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Vice Shark
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Oh cmon, give it a rest. Considering how there's gonna be dozens of weapons released for Gunbreaker after its release, this seems moot.

But yes, let's all lose our minds over this. It's the forum way.
    (23)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rein_eon_Osborne View Post
    Healing DRK is literally... the same since ShB. The reason why people think it's a meme to heal nowadays because DRK receives very little to no buff to their sustainability vs 3 other tanks getting something useful. If you're capable of healing DRK back in ShB (or any tanks), then you'll heal EW DRK just fine.

Player
    Character
    Novia Marius
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    in-game weapon sizes vary slightly between models even amongst the same job, the AF gun might not be huge but a dungeon/tome/pvp/saucer/EX gun could be larger. My fav MCH gun is Ferdinand and thats noticeably smaller than my Seiryuu gun its glammed over. I'd like to believe that there'll be some bigger ones.
    (7)
    Last edited by Rokke; 02-04-2019 at 01:51 PM. Reason: wew them typos

Player
    Character
    Chloe Lehideux
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokke View Post
    in-game weapon sizes vary slightly between models even amongst the same job, the AF gun might not be huge but a dungeon/tome/pvp/saucer/EX gun could be larger. My fav MCH gun is Ferdinand and thats noticeably smaller glam than my Seiryuu gun its glammed over.
    Should it will look different, but doesnt change a fact that trailer gunblade is badly designed.
    (0)

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedkel View Post
    Should it will look different, but doesnt change a fact that trailer gunblade is badly designed.
    It isn't badly designed. Common sense would dictate that the weapon shown is just one of many and can readily be switched out for something different that is more to your personal tastes.
    (24)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast