Player
    Character
    Melody Jaab
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by DuskTS View Post
    If anything the ilvl should be uncapped so we can get our roulette's done as quick as possible, if people want to do it at ilvl 130 they can party finder it.

Its a game. If you want it over asap then its might not be the game 4 you. People want to have to dodge. We want a chance to die. We are getting exp for it so lets earn it. There is a no lv sync option called unsync. Why don't you use the pf for that?
    (2)
    Last edited by RMA209; 04-29-2019 at 09:44 AM.

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by RMA209 View Post
    Its a game. If you want it over asap then its not the game 4 you. People want to have to dodge. We want a chance to die. We are getting exp for it so lets earn it. There is a no lv sync option called unsync. Why don't you use the pf for that?
    I mean, I would prefer severer mechanics and consequences for failing them, but I don't think you and I are qualified to talk about what "people" want. Other than ourselves.
    (2)
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Melody Jaab
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Noitems View Post
    At this current point the Crystal Tower raids (now being main story related) have to stay as they are. Back when the content was current you would see stories of wiping constantly in CT being current at the time. With the current IL sync it makes the content a breeze to go through but also will allow new players to experience the story without being gated into that early horror.

Thankfully due to XIV being so customizable you can put up a PF listing for people who want to take on Crystal Tower synced to min il and run it like that.
    Have to stay as they are? I think this is the first time the msg brings it up other then a landmark on a map. Also they said doing this quest line is a good idea but NEVER MANDATORY. Its like how you don't have to play beast tribes but you miss some of the culture of race/tribe. Theres also stuff/info missed out on if you don't do all the job quests.

Have you ever put up a party finder for min ilv? I have and there so slow. You queue up for a roulette and it most likely to pop in a reasonable time frame. Party finders like the one you suggest making take way longer to form and take up valuable playing time.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Melody Jaab
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Even if the mechanics are ez let em be there. If they won't/can't fix the old levels at least make levels where we got to do the stuff. Look at Sephirot (Containment Bay S1T7 ex). Even if you do it unsynced you still have to do the some of the mechanics. Why can't we got stuff that can't be skipped like the Qarn Final Sting or doom? Let that go un done and it will really mess up the party. Thats a good fight tho simple as it lv 35.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Even if the mechanics are ez let em be there. If they won't/can't fix the old levels at least make levels where we got to do the stuff. Look at Sephirot (Containment Bay S1T7 ex). Even if you do it unsynced you still have to do the some of the mechanics. Why can't we got stuff that can't be skipped like the Qarn Final Sting or doom? Let that go un done and it will really mess up the party. Thats a good fight tho simple as it lv 35.
    But you also skip a lot of his mechanics—or you can just muscle through them. Or he dies before he does something like Winds of Revelation. By your logic, we also do some of the mechanics in LotA, ST, and WoD—you have to do Ancient Flare in Labyrinth; you have to do the levitation mechanic in Xande; you have to do Angry Mango’s Doom/color mechanics. We skip/ignore some, and then we still had to do some—just like in unsynced Ex primals. There’s not much of a difference.

The bees’ Final Sting in Qarn can be skipped by the way—either you kill them fast, or you stun-lock them.
    (2)
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Lilli Karani
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by HyoMinPark View Post
    Because the developers designed the sync to item level sync players to i130, which is nearly double what your item level would have been back in the day when it was relevant.
    Thats not the onliest reason. In one patch before Heavensward they lowered the HP of all bosses in all 3 CT parts alot and changed (nerfed) some mechanics.
    (1)

Videos mit der Hauptgeschichte und ausgewählten Nebenquestreihen (deutsch): https://www.youtube.com/user/KSVideo100

Player
    Character
    Khuja'to Binbotaj
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlunarfox View Post
    I agree with this. The level syncing makes the old content a complete faceroll. I have alot of friends that wish they could experience some of the older content like it was meant to be, and part of me is sad when they can't go through the tears of raid wipes in the CT series (Tho angry mango still can wipe a raid). I don't know if there is a good way to fix this however aside from boosting the difficulty. But even then I don't see that as the right answer.
    There is a good and very easy solution. Cap raids to their appropriate ilvl. LotA was max ilvl 90 when it was current, so why is it capped at 130, same as WoD?

Just cap LotA at 90, ST at 110 and WoD at 130 and it will do wonders for the content

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Your friends can do that. Search for people in the PF for it and then go in there on min ilvl.
    How do you propose I min ilvl the alliance raid roulette? "Just PF" is such a cop out answer that fixes nothing. This is a genuine balance problem that has baffled me for years.
    (2)
    Last edited by Lambdafish; 04-23-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Player
    Character
    Tiniel Cerulis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    I never came back to Crystal Tower but I can just easily imagine what meant the OP. It's like that in every content of the game.
    Like someone said in the first page, the game needs an importat rework of the Duty Finder, ilvl requirements and sync system.

For God's sake, just make your game more challenging (with lightly better rewards) and everyone will be happy !
    (1)

I like to play the 24 man raids. There some of the best levels in the game. My problem is that the crystal tower is just people spamming big dps all the time. Even when we screw up 90% of the time we win. Wheres the game? Anyone can push a button but it takes skill to play it right. Even if its ez I just want it to go back to the way it was. For example in "The Syrcus Tower" when you fight Glasya Labolas nobody stops to kill the clockwork wright. Why make a game that most people wont see anymore? If I really wanted to get out quick I would do it unsynced.
    There are discords like Eccentricity Discord for groups who like doing content synced and at min i level while "respecting content" and engaging full mechanics. They arrange runs cross server as well. Perhaps you might enjoy trying those.
    (0)

Strix: "Behold this collection of grimoires of legend! Feel their power and puissance, and let it fill you with rapturous pleasure...then DIE!"

<>.<>.<>
    Hai! I'm Vahl, in ur mmorpgs, sort'n my inventory and putt'n 2 many H's in my name since FFXI..
    FFXIV Inventory Tetris Champ

Player
    Character
    Raiya Li
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    The difficulty is fine for me, I don't like harder alliance raids because the bigger the group the more unwieldy it gets and the more aggrivating it becomes. Plenty of people LIKE easy content you know.
    (1)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast