Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Wondrous Waifu
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I can kind of understand the complaint to an extent I guess, Eureka seemed to be aimed at old school MMO's players and casual players alike as they had tied the relic to it which was intended (As far as I know) as a more casual friendly weapon choice for people.
    But now it has a bit of difficult end game content attached to it which probably has some fairly nice rewards behind it? Which is aiming at a totally different part of the community.

I don't think it's dumb to give people who had done eureka something special at the end, and I don't think it should be changed so everyone who didn't do Eureka can access it, but considering the player group that Eureka seemingly aimed itself at at first, to suddenly point in a total different direction with a challenging end game raid set up seems a little off to me.

Current Eureka feels like it lacks focus, and what it aims to do; Creating a game world inside of a game world. Is a terrible idea in my opinion. Just like BLU it feels like a big testing ground of features, but SE didn't give themselves enough time at all to take the feed back and apply it at the next possible chance.

I'm honestly pretty sad we're going to be seeing more eureka in 5.0, because that just means that again the over world is going to be useless, again we're going to have the relic in a highly polarizing bit of content, and instead we'll have another attempt at a game world inside of a game world.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alexius Scott
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebazy View Post

I'll hold my hands up to not following the Paris show particularly closely, but this slide caught my eye.

The way I see it, The Baldesion Arsenal is going to be the next large scale content akin to now Eureka and Diadem were to Stormblood and Heavensward respectively?

If it is indeed a feature of 5.0 (Or more likely, 5.1 and beyond) and it truly is as ultra high end as SE's slide suggests. Why on earth is it being gated behind Eureka? Are lessons not being learned here?

Gating the Coil tiers behind each other was deeply unpopular and effectively added an annoying barrier of entry for those looking to break into the raid scene later in ARRs cycle. This strikes me as quite a bit worse, as it's a far bigger time sink to grind through the levels in dead Eureka instances than it was to go mow through a modest number of nerfed bosses when you were drastically over geared for them.

I appreciate the lore side of things, but expansions should be a clean slate to give everyone a level playing field again. This just seems like a barmy barrier of entry that's going to put off quite significant chunks of the player base that it's apparently aimed at?

*Edit*

Whoops, turns out this isn't 5.x content after all! I'll go back to hiding under my rock =(
    The Coil tiers are part of the same raid that's why the previous ones are required. It's the same for Alexander and Omega.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Haxaan Shivar
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    This is not new, we have known for a long while that there would be extra content tied to Eureka. I don't know why people who don't even do Eureka would even care. This is like being mad that you have to clear Hard Mode Primals to be able to fight Extreme Primals. If you aren't interested in doing the previous content, then don't get upset that there is something you are unable to do. Sure I'd love to get the Kitsune mount, but I don't have time to do Extreme Primals, so I can't have it. I'm not mad at SE for tying the mount behind content I can't/don't want to do.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sebazy Spiritwalker
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Just to clarify here, now I realise that this is content planned for the end of 4.5x, my original point is completely moot, I'd edit the title to reflect this if I could, but I can't =(

I was on the misunderstanding that this was content slated for the next xpac.

Now I realise it isn't, I've got zero problems with it and I genuinely hope it goes well. Having challenging content without in combat raises will be an eye opener that I think the game as a whole needs to dabble with.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Flutter Butter
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Y'all can get mad and or excited all you want. It's not tied to any story so I shall not give a single care. Gonna finish the story, Get my weapon, (depending on how it looks) new armor, and finally leaving and never looking back.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rhaya Jakkya
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Well... You don't need to do the Relic to progress through Eureka.

You can decently rush through at least Anemos and Pagos in a fairly short time.

Anemos you will need to a few FATEs for the sake of quests, but will probably do them for leveling anyways...

I imagine it will be same for Pyros and Hydatos that you won't need the relic to progress the story, but the Relic is the main reason to suffer it currently.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Inigo Meowtoya
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Pretty sure that content is what completes the final relic step.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tetra Frost
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    I'm mostly just concerned what the rewards from the Arsenal could possibly be, since a lot of people could easily see the challenge as not being worth doing if there isn't something good on the other side. I hope we don't see a repeat of the disaster that was i280 Coven weapons.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Whiskey Bravo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ElazulHP View Post
    It wouldn't really make a lot of sense. Relics are for people who don't want to do hard content.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'sira Kurai
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ElazulHP View Post
    No it doesn't. Relics can be completed without that being done. It's a bonus for those wanting to attempt something different and more challenging.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast