Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Sebazy Spiritwalker
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90

Gating the Baldesion Arsenal behind Eureka?

I'll hold my hands up to not following the Paris show particularly closely, but this slide caught my eye.

The way I see it, The Baldesion Arsenal is going to be the next large scale content akin to now Eureka and Diadem were to Stormblood and Heavensward respectively?

If it is indeed a feature of 5.0 (Or more likely, 5.1 and beyond) and it truly is as ultra high end as SE's slide suggests. Why on earth is it being gated behind Eureka? Are lessons not being learned here?

Gating the Coil tiers behind each other was deeply unpopular and effectively added an annoying barrier of entry for those looking to break into the raid scene later in ARRs cycle. This strikes me as quite a bit worse, as it's a far bigger time sink to grind through the levels in dead Eureka instances than it was to go mow through a modest number of nerfed bosses when you were drastically over geared for them.

I appreciate the lore side of things, but expansions should be a clean slate to give everyone a level playing field again. This just seems like a barmy barrier of entry that's going to put off quite significant chunks of the player base that it's apparently aimed at?

*Edit*

Whoops, turns out this isn't 5.x content after all! I'll go back to hiding under my rock =(
    (0)
    Last edited by Sebazy; 02-04-2019 at 01:42 AM.
    ~ WHM / badSCH / Snob ~ http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/871132/ ~

Player
    Character
    Lastelli Sungsem
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    It will be in Hydatos and will be released in the next patch. It's something that allegedly will require the use of logos actions and it was designed to give something interesting to the fellows that like Eureka.
    (7)

Player

ah yeah, I was wondering when this kind of thread would pop up. Did not take long, I'm not disappointed XD

this is, we can say, Ultimate for Eureka like UCoB and UwU are Ultimates after Savage. Not meant for everyone. They even said in the live letter that extra pop ups will appear on screen if 56 players are so brave (foolish if you ask me) to try and take on the challenge to be really sure that they are prepared for what it entails. It is not for casual play.
    (3)
    Last edited by SoleilAlphi; 02-04-2019 at 12:29 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sebazy Spiritwalker
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleilAlphi View Post
    Not meant for everyone. They even said in the live letter that extra pop ups will appear on screen if 56 players are so brave (foolish if you ask me) to try and take on the challenge to be really sure that they are prepared for what it entails. It is not for casual play.
    I suppose my point is, that if it's for the ultra high end, I'm wondering if they realise that a very significant chunk of the ultra high end player base simply didn't bother with Eureka since it had very little relevance to that scene. Outside of glamour, the eventual BiS relic wouldn't ever see any real use by the time it landed and even then, most still stick with Ultimate Weapons for that.

I've not considered myself to be top flight since ARR ended, but I've always been in top tier FCs, my group has 1 person who has finished Eureka and done relics, most of us gave up caring about it shortly after Pagos landed. I'll admit that my group is at the lazy end of the spectrum, but I strongly suspect the overall clear rate on Eureka within the FC is around 50% if you discount the socials.

That doesn't fill me with confidence.
    (4)
    ~ WHM / badSCH / Snob ~ http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/871132/ ~

Player
    Character
    V'ndae Tia
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    So let me get this right...

You want to do all content without doing content?
    (9)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Imagine wanting to raid something without knowing the story as to why you're raiding it!
    (4)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Kyouma Hououin
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    yea lock more content behind crappy eureka, well done...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Gunsa Cabalabob
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Ultra high ends who can’t grind eureka levelling out in 2 days.... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebazy View Post
    Let me turn that one back to you:

Do you think it'd be a good thing to gate Alexander behind T13? And then continuing to gate Omega behind Alex? What about if the Eureka relic chain was gated behind the HW and ARR relics?

I'm not disagreeing with how the Eureka storyline was gated within it's various tiers.

I'm disagreeing with gating 5.x era content behind soon to be obsolete 4.x era stuff.

Am I really missing the mark that this is a bad idea? Do people suddenly think that ARR's raid gating was a good idea now?
    This isn’t the equivalent of locking a raid behind another raid, eureka is a levelling experience with a story, with a relic as its endgame content. This new raid is basically eureka’s version of coil.

So the equivalent would be saying “why can’t I go into coil at level 1? Why do I have to hit 50 and complete the main story first?”.
    (8)
    Last edited by Cabalabob; 02-04-2019 at 01:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilthas View Post
    The anonymity of the internet is what leads people to become jerks online.

You could make a game where all you did was run through fields of flowers holding hands and you'd still get a guy telling you you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcshiggs View Post
    Everyone knows you skip through fields of flowers holding hands, running noobs need to go back to WoW.

Player
    Character
    Sebazy Spiritwalker
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Higashikata View Post
    So let me get this right...

You want to do all content without doing content?
    Let me turn that one back to you:

Do you think it'd be a good thing to gate Alexander behind T13? And then continuing to gate Omega behind Alex? What about if the Eureka relic chain was gated behind the HW and ARR relics?

I'm not disagreeing with how the Eureka storyline was gated within it's various tiers.

I'm disagreeing with gating 5.x era content behind soon to be obsolete 4.x era stuff.

Am I really missing the mark that this is a bad idea? Do people suddenly think that ARR's raid gating was a good idea now?
    (3)
    Last edited by Sebazy; 02-04-2019 at 01:04 AM.

Player
    Character
    Cirinwe Helcelwen
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    It's more Eureka content for people who enjoy Eureka. I'm looking forward to at least giving it a go, though they didn't mention the rewards for it (it takes place after the Eureka story once you've finished your relic) and I'm not really into the whole 'challenge for the sake of challenge' kind of thing.

Good that they've gated it off at the end and reduced the number of players down from the standard Eureka cap. Should hopefully mean that the only people going in are people who know what they're doing and actually want to be there.
    (4)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast