Player
    Character
    Lelane Lavellan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandre_Noireau View Post
    it literal makes absolutely no sense for her to be back. The events of 4.55 are still a mistery, but as it stands right now, today, as of, extender teaser reveal. She has absolutely no reason to be even in the game anymore.
    Maybe she doesn't "come back" so much as we are the ones going to her. All of our fellow Scions' souls were pulled away to somewhere. Could very well be to wherever she is.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zundar Sunstriker
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscah View Post
    There's an important thing here that a lot of people in different discussions have either forgotten or didn't realise in the first place.

Minfilia never died.
    I know. That's why I said dead OR gone. Not that I really mind that much with Minfilia since she's a nice character but everything that happened is now cheapened a bit to me. Just like in ARR when I cried because I thought we lost them for every single one of them to come back.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fredya Falenas
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 81
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritMuse View Post
    Maybe she doesn't "come back" so much as we are the ones going to her. All of our fellow Scions' souls were pulled away to somewhere. Could very well be to wherever she is.
    Then ShB would be something like WoW Cataclysm. And our overworld will be split and instanced even further just to deal with this narrative mess.
    Man, i hate when they try to add sci-fi to things and just end up being a mess of concepts they don't even understand. Seriously, don't write sci-fi if you are not going to care about the SCI part of it, that is science and reason.

Again, such is the state of the Final Fantasy franchise anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyan View Post
    I know. That's why I said dead OR gone. Not that I really mind that much with Minfilia since she's a nice character but everything that happened is now cheapened a bit to me. Just like in ARR when I cried because I thought we lost them for every single one of them to come back.
    When writing, when killing a character, you really earn that. Through emotional developments and character developments, and you really do so in order to move the plot forward. When you bring back characters at random, and make all of their deaths ambiguous enough as to "schrodinger characters" is just lazy. It means any development can be rewritten (word used way too often around shadowbringers... sigh) and thus, i don't have to care about writing anymore, if i do something silly i just retcon it at will. Screw world building, setting building, character development, player experience, emotional investment, sense, logic, reason, grounding, lore, etc.... Everything becomes secondary if i can just do whatever i want and justify it with:

"Is interdimensional! it just works!"

I'll stop here, Minfilia's return better be the best piece of narrative this game has ever produced. Then again, they ruined the whole Ul'dahn. So i have like, zero trust in the writing at this point.

Damn, i can see us trying to prevent Haurchefant from dying, as to make another good piece of narrative completely irrelevant and meaningless.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alexandre_Noireau; 02-04-2019 at 09:12 AM.

Player
    Character
    Toki Tsuchimi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    How did this become a thread about Unukalhai possibly showing up more to, "the writing sucks now because Minfilia is back"?
    (5)
    I like helping people with their Job ideas, it's fun to help them visuallize and create the job they'd like to play most. Plus I make my own too, I'll post them eventually.

Player
    Character
    Fredya Falenas
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 81
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloah View Post
    How did this become a thread about Unukalhai possibly showing up more to, "the writing sucks now because Minfilia is back"?
    Because writing sucks because minfilia is back?
    (1)
    "The will of my friends has etched into my heart, and now ill transform this infinite darkness into eternal light
    Unmatched in heaven and earth, one body and one soul that challenge the gods!"

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandre_Noireau View Post
    Because writing sucks because minfilia is back?
    She's back after all-but-promising she was coming back when she left at the end of the WoD arc.

There are characters who die, and shouldn't be brought back, but Minfilia was never one of them. People were just convinced she was gone forever, but I've been expecting her back for ages.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Fredya Falenas
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 81
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscah View Post
    She's back after all-but-promising she was coming back when she left at the end of the WoD arc.

There are characters who die, and shouldn't be brought back, but Minfilia was never one of them. People were just convinced she was gone forever, but I've been expecting her back for ages.
    Is a time matter.

Did she saved the WoD shard just like that? Already? One would think saving a whole reality split from another world would surely take more than some time.
    Did the shard of the WoD went to hell, they all died and Hydaelyn decided to go back to the source?
    Maybe all fragments will be put together finally in 4.55 explaining the sudden aether thinning all over eorzea?
    If so, this calamity we are about to face, isn't more like Hydaelyn being evil and suddenly crushing all the diferent worlds that conform her only to regain more of her full strenght? Why if not would we become "of darkness" if not to at least, lean towards Zodiark and Elidibus side?
    And if so, shouldn't be Unulkalhai the first person that comes to mind to help us in this endeavor...?

Why, is, she, back, NOW.

If this was 8.0, man, no worries, she said she would be back eventually. Not the other expansion over damn it.
    (1)
    "The will of my friends has etched into my heart, and now ill transform this infinite darkness into eternal light
    Unmatched in heaven and earth, one body and one soul that challenge the gods!"

Player
    Character
    Desia Demarseille
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    INB4 This is a time paradox!

Actually, I wouldnt put it super past Final Fantasy to make this a time paradox situation, where this is young minfillia and how she met Thancred before some how being sent into the past to grow up as the Minfillia we know. And this seems more likely than some weird juju about how she somehow 'de-aged' in the lifestream/whorl/aether/whatever you want to call the realm where Hydaelyn exists.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Knives Jonquil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    "I'm so angry about this character they clearly meant to bring back!!!"

For real though, I've been wanting more Unukalhai since the end of Heavensward. It's disappointing that he was forgotten in all of Stormblood. Fingers crossed that we see more of him, finally.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Atlyss Sol
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Sure bring Unukalhai along, great!

On a more important topic I absolutely hate stories that "kill" characters only to bring them back like nothing happened. It cheapens their "death" and makes me care little about future events. I hated Minfillia while she was alive and I dread having to deal with her again.
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast