Player
    Character
    Sturm Churro
    World
    Marilith
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lusavari View Post
    Looks like a tank rdm without magic. Honestly, I'm not impressed. Granted it is a tank, as I said, so that's what it's supposed to be I suppose. I thought it would be.... more flashy.
    (1)
    WHM | RDM | DNC

Player
    Character
    Wondrous Waifu
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Not really, just looks like another unrealistic and impractical pose, just like just about every other weapon in the game has, sure some base poses look more believable than others, but then they start flailing the weapon around and practicality and realism go out the window pretty fast.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sturm Churro
    World
    Marilith
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellsong View Post
    Not really, just looks like another unrealistic and impractical pose, just like just about every other weapon in the game has, sure some base poses look more believable than others, but then they start flailing the weapon around and practicality and realism go out the window pretty fast.
    I don't really see the need for practicality and realism, in FFXIV. The game is about as ridiculous as you can get. I would prefer flashy. This looks extremely boring, to be completely honest. It was like Original Star Wars Darth Vader, but worse. He looks like he is just pistol whipping people, and he looks really bored while doing it.
    (2)
    WHM | RDM | DNC

Player
    Character
    Arathea Dracul
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SturmChurro View Post
    I don't really see the need for practicality and realism, in FFXIV. The game is about as ridiculous as you can get. I would prefer flashy. This looks extremely boring, to be completely honest. It was like Original Star Wars Darth Vader, but worse. He looks like he is just pistol whipping people, and he looks really bored while doing it.
    As someone who was hoping for Gunbreaker to be a DPS i think the animations look cool. Tho they look a lot like the pld animations so... meh. lol
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sturm Churro
    World
    Marilith
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Burningskull View Post
    As someone who was hoping for Gunbreaker to be a DPS i think the animations look cool. Tho they look a lot like the pld animations so... meh. lol
    It does actually! Like a worst paladin! You don't have a shield. How are they going to explain how you actually tank? I thought it would be more like well you are quick on your feet and use your gun to close distance, etc. but dudes just facetanking and bludgeoning the enemy with his pistol.

Granted, with the manner of tanking in FF, facetanking is mostly what you want to be doing, but it just looks so boring.

I thought it would be more like a support tank. Similar to MCH with different ammo types or something to debuff, etc.
    (1)
    Last edited by SturmChurro; 02-02-2019 at 09:01 PM.
    WHM | RDM | DNC

Character
    Beckard Arseneau
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Burningskull View Post
    I'm curious if you think the job will be abbrieviated as GNB or GBR or something else?
    GUN seems like the obvious pick.
    (5)

Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    It does actually! Like a worst paladin! You don't have a shield. How are they going to explain how you actually tank? I thought it would be more like well you are quick on your feet and use your gun to close distance, etc. but dudes just facetanking and bludgeoning the enemy with his pistol.

Granted, with the manner of tanking in FF, facetanking is mostly what you want to be doing, but it just looks so boring.
    Clearly magitek shields for mitigation, and magic bullet charges for increased damage/emnity.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sturm Churro
    World
    Marilith
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphor View Post
    Clearly magitek shields for mitigation, and magic bullet charges for increased damage/emnity.
    I thought they would be like flying through the air and doing dragoon stuff like a gif my friend sent me one time of gunblade in a different ff.
    (0)
    WHM | RDM | DNC

Player
    Character
    Arathea Dracul
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    According to the way Yoshi talked you are going to have magical ammo that you have to decided how you want to use it. Which to me says it'll be used for your Mitagation abilities when you are tanking, or increasing your damage when you are off tanking. Any other speculations on how it might play?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Wondrous Waifu
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Not saying the game needs it, just saying it's not the worst offender if we're thinking about realism or practicality.

Honestly I'm not a fan of it either, was hoping for something similar to squall or seifer. Hopefully seeing more of it's skills will make up for the lack of flashy battle stance
    (1)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast