Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Daiki Sejuro
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Unfortunately I don't foresee SE ever making the relic a less daunting task even though it's worth nothing at all lol but to be fair each relic has it's like unbearable phase ARR is just unbearable all together Atma, books, light is borderline suicidal before nerd. HE has its crystal farm, unidentifiable item trash, and crystal sands/umbrite stages which were really bad because it forces you to use tomes the other stages for ARR and HW were quick simple and forgettable.

I hate saying this but SBs has been one of the more bareble ones, as much as I hate Eureka it’s feesable to actually do this relic with not so much of a hassle even though Pagos was its ultimate downfall. You can still catch up quick and easily.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sari Mogari
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 84
    Shoot me if you must but I actually want the 5.0 relic system to be more like Eureka.
    Not in the sense of "please roll 700 times for good stats" but in the sense of your progression being linked to time invested rather than arbitrary amounts of currency.
    There's a lot of terrible design choices in Eureka but they've honestly been some of the easier relics to get.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Flutter Butter
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I just want 5.0 relics to not be so bright that let legitimatly hurt my eyes like how the Eureka ones do
    (2)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    All valid points. The only thing I worry about is the backlash from raiders...They already get extra boss fights only accessible through doing savage raids and access to the weapons. They've made it pretty clear that if you want the perks of savage raiding that you just need to put forward the effort and do it. I could see Raiders having an issue with a weapon equivalant to the Raid Tier weapon.
    Use FFIX's synthesis ability. Keep relic weapon relevant for current raid tier but with the added bonus of being able to synthesize it with the current raid tier/ultimate weapon, so there is advantage to doing both each raid tier.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Diaval Alucard
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Aomine1992 View Post
    I hate saying this but SBs has been one of the more bareble ones, as much as I hate Eureka it’s feesable to actually do this relic with not so much of a hassle even though Pagos was its ultimate downfall. You can still catch up quick and easily.
    It is. Even though it's not perfect, at least the good thing is you don't have to go through all the steps all over again every time you start a new weapon compared to HW and ARR. SE should take that into consideration for 5.0. I only did one ARR and HW relic and when I decided to do another one after all the nerfing, I just gave up after remembering what I'll have to do again.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Reimi Ackerman
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    All valid points. The only thing I worry about is the backlash from raiders...They already get extra boss fights only accessible through doing savage raids and access to the weapons. They've made it pretty clear that if you want the perks of savage raiding that you just need to put forward the effort and do it. I could see Raiders having an issue with a weapon equivalant to the Raid Tier weapon.
    By keeping it equal to the upgraded tome weapon, it becomes a viable option for a raiding weapon, but still lags behind the raid weapon by 5 ilvls. This is already possible to do without going into Savage by hunting, another option that should also be keeping a better pace with raiding. Relic weapon steps and weapon dip upgrades via hunting should be released at the next patch following the release of a raid tier (both of which have an ilvl below the raid weapon). I believe raiders should be the first players to reach the highest ilvls, but not the only players. By the time the relic weapon is BiS, raiders will have long since gotten their toys and won't care anymore.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I'm really sad I'll never get Eureka relic, I really try to do it but I litterally fall asleep while grinding (like for real)
    I did 3 HW relic, but this one, even while only doing it after nerf (and I wait for the nerf) it just takes too much effort, by that I mean will power.
    I don't really mind grind, I've grinded all dungeons for every armor set, I've over 40 rabanastre coin (because I wanted to get all the sets), I got all my wolf but one by killing the boss 99 times, but this.. this one... it's just too much, not only is it long, but it's so brainless it just makes me want to stop playing altogether.

I really hope the 5.X relic will be less brain dead... if it's Eureka 2.0 I won't even attempt it, not even the quest for the story (which I'm not even sure I'll ever complete...)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Odintius Baelsar
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Make them actually worth a %#*% not just at the tail end of an expansion. /Shrugs
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Haxaan Shivar
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Balipu View Post
    My idea for the relic grinding system: Don't.

How about just a long ass questchain with lots of travel, specific duties, maybe even special duties. Oh and cutscenes that provide background lore for the weapons. It doesn't need to involve grinding.
    I realy like this idea. I wish we got some more information on the relic you are getting. That was one nice thing about the ARR relic, each weapon had a backstory (even if it was only a small amount). The HW relic was nice too because the story was progressing as you did it. I liked that the SB Relic wasn't as hard to obtain, but there is no story behind it really.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gemina Lunarian
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I haven't had an issue with any of the relic grinds. I won't be doing any progression towards the SB relic, but that's because I wanted to do things differently this time around. Previously, I always progressed my relic instead of using alternative means to get stronger weapons. I enjoyed it, but one thing I noticed was that I wasn't running relevant content to progress it. You can light farm in raids, but I didn't start progressing raid content until roulettes were introduced, and by this time I have already completed several relics.

Even if SB did the relic like days past, I still would be going the tome/token route I am now. It's the first time I am actually somewhat caught up and running the same 8 and 24 man raids with everyone else. Gearing up through several means in order to hit min ilv is totally new to me since I was always able to just poetic my way to BiS gear for a previous expansion.

Also, I got a bit tired of glowy weapons.
    (0)

How I came to be by the side of the chosen, and the moments we've sewn.
    This soul. Its attachment to all living things. The love they have known.
    Oh Warrior of light if only you could hear,
    just how closely I hold you dear.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast