Player
    Character
    Sida Bajihri
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80

Macro conman help categories please

Currently the macro command help is a long list of commands, and their amount increases all the time which in itself is good. However when trying to find what you want to do without being exactly sure of the wording, it would help if the list was in rough categories. I'd be happy if even just the emote commands were in their own tab or list, and all the rest in the same.
    (1)
    If you say 'pls' because it's shorter than 'please', I say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    The emote commands are given in /emotelist when you hover over each emote.

If you're unsure of a command and don't want to search a list for it, what you can do is type slash followed by part of what you think the command might be, or what you want to do, then hit tab to see if there are any autocomplete results. For example, if you want to toggle sound effects, you might type /sound[tab], which gives /soundeffects, /soundeffectsother, /soundefffectparty, /soundeffectsself. If the command you want doesn't stick out as obvious, then you can check what each one does with /? (in the chat box, not the macro window) (this also accepts auto-translate phrases as arguments).

A vast majority of the game's slash commands are literally just slash followed by what you want to do, so this method should yield the right command in most cases. If it doesn't, you probably just need to reword what you want to do.
    (0)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    They've been divided into categories in the Play Guide's Glossary of Text Commands, so you can look stuff up there if you can't find what you want in-game. I do agree that dividing up the in-game macro help into similar categories could help a lot.
    (0)
    Last edited by Niwashi; 01-31-2019 at 12:29 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sida Bajihri
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I'm aware of what both of you say. However as long as the game client doesn't include web browser, the Play Guide is far from handy to use while actually being in-game. The macro help in-game is pretty good interface, however the emotes feel like useless fluff mixed in with "real" commands. Why I name them specifically is that among all uses for various people for that list, I'd say everyone knows if they are looking for emote or not. And the other set is completely useless to both parties. Personally I'd like the emotes all consolidated under /<emote name> since they all have exactly same help, the bit about animation. But I get some people might like them listed still. I would just like a bit more clarity to the otherwise great in-game tool.

Similar example, the craft list separation under NPC name. I didn't find the old list hard to use, and could have suggested using the "search for craft method" for anyone who complained it's cluttered, but I do admit the separation is not a bad idea.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sida; 01-31-2019 at 01:28 AM.
    If you say 'pls' because it's shorter than 'please', I say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.