Player
    Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90

Introduce a Materials Crate, a separate inventory like Armory Crate

Similar to how armor and weapons acquired from marketboard or battle content is automatically placed into the Armory Crate and not our item inventory, allow craftable materials to automatically be placed in a Materials Crate. Similar to how Armory Crate has different tabs for storage of helmets, armor, gloves, etc by slot, the Materials Crate can have 35 slots for each crafting material category: wood, metal, reagents, cooking ingredients, leather, fabric, etc. Then when you attempt synthesis, you can select items directly from your Materials Crate rather than your inventory. When you gather items or buy them on the market board they automatically get sorted into your Materials Crate.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Oh yes, I love segmented inventory boxes. /sarcasm

I already hate how many of my waist/ear/neck/arm slots are wasted empty spaces. I'd complain about the other Armory Chest slots too, if I wasn't already using them for glamour dresser overflow. Why not just ask for more general inventory space? If you take the materials out, what are you even using your 140 general inventory (plus saddlebag) slots for? ...fireworks? I have maybe 30 slots occupied with non-materials in my inventory. I have a few foods, a couple potions, a handful of tokens, a few buff scrolls, and some materia.

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE more inventory space. What I do NOT want is inventory space with pointless caveats on what I can put in it**.

**I would, however, gladly accept a FSH tacklebox.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raldo; 01-30-2019 at 06:09 AM.

Player
    Character
    Luna Sol
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Oh yes, I love segmented inventory boxes. /sarcasm

I already hate how many of my waist/ear/neck/arm slots are wasted empty spaces. I'd complain about the other Armory Chest slots too, if I wasn't already using them for glamour dresser overflow. Why not just ask for more general inventory space? If you take the materials out, what are you even using your 140 general inventory (plus saddlebag) slots for? ...fireworks? I have maybe 30 slots occupied with non-materials in my inventory. I have a few foods, a couple potions, a handful of tokens, a few buff scrolls, and some materia.

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE more inventory space. What I do NOT want is inventory space with pointless caveats on what I can put in it**.

**I would, however, gladly accept a FSH tacklebox.
    Think of a materials crate as the Mining/Botany tackle box. There is a bunch of different materials throughout the game.
    I don't see SE adding this though cause of paying extra for retainers.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Caitlin Seraphim
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    I second that. I want more inventory space not yet another bag to store specific items in.
    Its the biggest objection I had to wow in the 2 weeks I played. Its inventory is incredible fragmented. Our unified one is a lot better.
    I have the same opinion on the sometimes requested tackle box.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Problem with having a huge general inventory is server stress, which they've cited numerous times. They can give us multiple saddlebag type inventories but to have one big general inventory that can hold like 500 items is probably not ever going to happen, hence why I suggested something that we can craft from directly and to store only our crafting ingredients in, and all the random drops we get from monsters like hides, fangs, blood just gets sorted there automatically.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    You're just asking for separate bags, like the chocobo saddlebag. Just ask for more general saddlebag tabs. The only reason the saddlebag is easier on the server is because it's not usable inside of duties, and any operations to add to or remove from the saddlebag are initiated by the player. Chopping it up into tiny specific-use bags doesn't make things any easier**

**Obviously, I can't say that with 100% certainty. I don't make the game, but I don't see how "you can only put wood in here" would make it any easier on the server. It could, in theory, actually make the server's job HARDER since you want it to auto-sort drops into each specific bag. Also, if it worked like the saddlebag, then any material drops you obtained in a duty wouldn't get put into the specific bag because the saddlebag doesn't exist inside of duties, though I will admit that outside of the original 1~49 leveling dungeons, getting material drops from duties is rare (aside from primal drops, which likely wouldn't fall into any of your specified categories anyway).
    (0)
    Last edited by Raldo; 01-30-2019 at 06:47 AM.

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnycbad View Post
    Problem with having a huge general inventory is server stress, which they've cited numerous times. They can give us multiple saddlebag type inventories but to have one big general inventory that can hold like 500 items is probably not ever going to happen, hence why I suggested something that we can craft from directly and to store only our crafting ingredients in, and all the random drops we get from monsters like hides, fangs, blood just gets sorted there automatically.
    If items get placed there automatically as they're received and we can craft from it directly, those both mean that its contents can change at any time. It therefore has to be part of the data that SE backs up every three seconds, which is the reason why general inventory and the armoury chest cause so much server stress. In order to be easier on the servers than general inventory is, it has to be the type of inventory that can only change when we open the interface. That way, whenever we're not using it, its contents cannot change and don't need to keep being backed up every few seconds.

A version that should be feasible, though, and that I'd still really like, would be a more retainer-like version, where we still need to go there and pick up or drop off materials, just as we do now, but instead of going to retainer A and her 175 assorted items, and then retainer B and his 175 assorted items, and then retainer C, D, and so on, we could go to the crafting mat storage system and have everything there. For picking up stuff, it would be filtered to show the "cloth" category, or the "stone" category, etc., or we could drop off items that would automatically sort into their respective categories.

That version keeps it separate from general inventory so it doesn't need those continuous backups, but still removes the task of sorting out what will fit where and where to get it from, which is the most annoying part as a player. It would be far simpler for players if we could just know that if something is a crafting material, then it can go in the crafting mat storage, which could hold all the crafting mats in the game.
    (0)
    Last edited by Niwashi; 01-31-2019 at 03:31 AM.