Thread: Rescue

Player
    Character
    Rei Makato
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Rescues Great for pulling bards into my earthy star, I'm not casting extra healing in my roulettes because the bard is running in circles like a headless chicken.
    (3)
    Savage Completion Rate ~5%+ of active players. Community: "Ugh stop catering to savage"
    Ultimate Completion Rate ~1% of active players. Community: "Ugh stop catering to the hardcore raiders"
    Frontline/ Rival Wings/ Hidden Gorge Mount Aquisition ~0.05-1% of active players. Community: "Ugh PVP is so dead in this game, they should stop investing in it"
    Blue Mage Morbol Mount Aquisition ~0.01% of active players. Community: "WoW bLuE mAgE iS sO fUn AnD aCtIvE i CaN't WaIt FoR mOrE lImItEd JoBs"

Player
    Character
    Winter Gem
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I've been farming Seiryu for a dog and after almost 80 runs I would like to think I'm fairly familiar with the fight. Yesterday I was in a PUG group and we got to the second flaming wheels section where the entire party stacks up to soak the damage from the blue wheel except for 2 random DPS who get tethered to a red wheel that does a huge knock back. Well this time one of the tethered DPS came to the stack with the rest of the party and I immediately saw how this was gonna go down so I politely stepped away to safety and targeted my WHM cohealer just as everyone was thrown to the water abyss. Never has a Rescue felt so satisfying. It got even better though when the WHM also Rescued the Main Tank right afterward lol. The rest of the party swam ashore but it wasn't a wipe and that's the best outcome from an unplanned Rescue I've ever had.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Red Rider
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    I'm not gonna say it's a bad ability, but as someone who enjoyed WoW's priest "life grip" spell, Rescue feels sooo sluggish in comparison because of delay. It's a good ability with niche uses if prepositioned correctly, but it can't really be used as an oh s***! button.

Life grip:

Rescue:
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Deceptus Keelon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Allegor View Post
    I'm not gonna say it's a bad ability, but as someone who enjoyed WoW's priest "life grip" spell, Rescue feels sooo sluggish in comparison because of delay. It's a good ability with niche uses if prepositioned correctly, but it can't really be used as an oh s***! button.
    That's because SE's servers check everything every 3 seconds.

And it has to check where you are, where your target is, and where they should be going. Not 3 seconds per action but 3 seconds from when you press which is an eternity when skills are sub 3 second casts.
    (1)
    • Veteran healers don't care if we actually have to heal, but right now we don't. We simply want something interesting to do during the downtime. That is not asking for a lot
    • Dead DPS do no DPS. Raised DPS do 25/50% lower DPS. Do the mechanics and don't stand in bad stuff.
    • Other games expect basic competence, FFXIV is pleasantly surprised by it. Other games have toxic elitism. FFXIV has toxic casualism.

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Allegor View Post

Life grip:

Rescue:
    Well that's the core of the issue. It's too slow for anything that it isn't a prepared rescue. You can't save someone from most aoe because they'll get hit before the skill even respond
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zuzu Belloq
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    It's a good skill, if anything it needs a faster snapshot like Aetherial Manipulation.
    (4)

7. 03-21-2019 01:07 PM

Player
    Character
    Mim Silmaril
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Deceptus View Post
    That's because SE's servers check everything every 3 seconds.

And it has to check where you are, where your target is, and where they should be going. Not 3 seconds per action but 3 seconds from when you press which is an eternity when skills are sub 3 second casts.
    That's just not true.

Example for server tick issues: If you apply a regen effect, the 1st tick will come after 0-3s because of server tick and all regeneration effects tick at the same time.
    Another one: Your tank gets a DoT. It depends on server tick if the DoT ticks before, after or right on any other mechanic (or auto-attack), leading to random 'spikes' depending on when you pulled in regards to server tick.

For rescue: Does rescue has random 0-3s delay if u use it? No. It's pretty much fixed.

Server tick has nothing to do with late rescue, late benediction (maybe explain, why Tetra/ED/Lustrate would be faster then.. is this some server magic?), snapshots of positions when mechanics play out oooor the fact that some GCDs apply damage and effect in the 1st third of their animation/of the GCD and some do it in the last third, etc..

Applying debuffs/buffs/damage and also recognition of position does of course not rely on a 3s server tick.
    I mean, do you wait for server tick that the game recognizes your combo? Would be pretty bad for a 2,1s GCD monk if it would take up to 3s for the game to recognize that he did a GCD... oh, you moved for a positional to the flank? Too bad, wait 2,8s for the game to recognize your new position.
    Hehe... just no.
    (0)
    Last edited by Neophyte; 03-22-2019 at 01:25 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5