Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Taelyn View Post
    Steady Hand (10%)
    Steady Hand is actually supposed to be +20%, which makes your results even worse.

Your data isn't really related to the issue the OP brought up, however, but it could be worth looking into separately.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raldo; 02-05-2019 at 05:31 AM.

Player
    Character
    Adrean Dragonstar
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwashi View Post
    While five thousand is a smaller sample size than the millions that take place server wide, it certainly seems like a large enough sample that you should be seeing results closer than 61.6%. I think this would be enough evidence to justify a bug report asking SE to look into the issue. I'd recommend posting your suspicion, how you and your friends tested it, and the results you got to the In-Game Bugs forum.

(p.s. If you do submit it there, be sure to use the bug reporting template described in the "Welcome to the 'In-Game Bugs' Forum!" sticky post. You can put "not applicable" on fields that don't pertain to the issue, but if you don't list things according to the template fields, they won't accept the report to look into it.)
    The issue I have with bug reporting when it comes to the crafting system % of success is, at least in my personal experience of playing since beta, you will always get the same reply. It's working as intended. Which has led me to assume it was intended to be this bad. In other words it's almost completely pointless to submit a bug report alone. Only when SE has thousands of bug reports will they take it seriously and unfortunately you can't get more then 4 people to agree on what color the sky is much less what is or is not broken.
    (0)
    Last edited by Adren; 02-05-2019 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Spelling

Player
    Character
    Adrean Dragonstar
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    An example of how bad this game's crafting system is, earlier today I tried making 4 Kudzu cloth at level 65 weaver in all HQ level 65 Gear fully melded, using all HQ ingredients and I couldn't even finish one craft because of failures. At 90% chance of success I failed 14 times in the first craft. The second I succeeded once and failed every other time. The third I failed 4 times at 80% and 7 times at 90%. The last attempt I tried just using rapid synth just to make a normal quality item and failed every time with steady hands 2 up. It's broken. The only reply you will ever get from SE is it's working as intended.

You will also not get anyone to admit its broken no matter what evidence you bring to their attention you will always see someone post a "Oh no someone is talking bad about ff14! Keyboard warriors unite!" post in defense of SE.
    (1)
    Last edited by Adren; 02-05-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Wouldn't really surprise me if there's more to the equation than simply adding up the success chance and rolling rng. I've long suspected that Good/Excellent conditions may be influencing the rng side of the equation to produce fewer Touch successes.

But, in any case, that's really the important part of why a bug report on it won't really get anywhere. Without seeing the code ourselves, no way of knowing what else may be at play.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Adren View Post
    The issue I have with bug reporting when it comes to the crafting system % of success is, at least in my personal experience of playing since beta, you will always get the same reply. It's working as intended.
    That's certainly the common reply, but most of the time the reported problem is just that someone thinks they seem to fail a lot, even though they either haven't measured how often it is, or have done so through maybe a half dozen crafts or something. You and your friends tracked it quite a bit longer than what we see in most threads like this. I don't know if it's enough longer to actually make a difference in how SE would look into it, though.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2